Air Jordan 6 Retros WITH 3M ?????

Has anyone here tried putting 3M material in their black/infrareds ? specifically the ones from the pack.

I've never customized a shoe but I would want to do this if it isn't too difficult.

Would a shoe repair shop be able to do this for me?

any tips from anyone thats done it?

You mean behind the holes like on the OGs ? 

I dont think that would be very hard at all. As simple as finding the material, cutting it and adhering it to the inside.

I dont think you could put it behind the bubbles on the ankles without taking apart the shoe though.

You kinda have me wanting to try this on my pair, but I know it would kill the breathability.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

You mean behind the holes like on the OGs ? 

I dont think that would be very hard at all. As simple as finding the material, cutting it and adhering it to the inside.

I dont think you could put it behind the bubbles on the ankles without taking apart the shoe though.

You kinda have me wanting to try this on my pair, but I know it would kill the breathability.
EXACTLY.
I suppose they would have to get sewed on, or find the right adhesive, the heat from my feet could cause any regular glue to melt off and move around.

If I can't get it on the top ankle area bubble then I'm find with that but I wouldn't mind trying. I wish I wouldn't have sold my beater carmines so I could experiment.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Has anyone here tried putting 3M material in their black/infrareds ? specifically the ones from the pack.

I've never customized a shoe but I would want to do this if it isn't too difficult.

Would a shoe repair shop be able to do this for me?

any tips from anyone thats done it?
I've thought of doing this since they released...

i put it into my varsities.
20110105004.jpg

i think it's in my motorsport customs too.

they don't necessarily need any fancy customising work. at first i tried to get them attached but found it works just as good just cutting the pieces to size and sliding it between the booty and the upper. they might need a slight adjustment once every few months but it takes two seconds to slide a finger in there. the only real pain is getting it facing the right direction in the ankle part. i even cut into my sockliner to get in from behind, but found too many layers. ended up just shoving it through one of the holes and then fiddling with it (actually this was a big headache).

Originally Posted by eltouha

i put it into my varsities.
20110105004.jpg

i think it's in my motorsport customs too.

they don't necessarily need any fancy customising work. at first i tried to get them attached but found it works just as good just cutting the pieces to size and sliding it between the booty and the upper. they might need a slight adjustment once every few months but it takes two seconds to slide a finger in there. the only real pain is getting it facing the right direction in the ankle part. i even cut into my sockliner to get in from behind, but found too many layers. ended up just shoving it through one of the holes and then fiddling with it (actually this was a big headache).

Nice job! That is fresh..... Locating 3M as we speak!

eek.gif
 eltouha !    

Def going to try this !!!  

Edit: where can I find 3m reflective material ?   Hobby Lobby ?

thanks guys! easiest custom ever.

and i copped a roll of 3m material on ebay. you don't need to worry about length, just pay attention to width.

damn those look
pimp.gif
. so for the top bubble, you just cut the stitches on the inside of the shoe?

did you do this on all 4 sides of the shoe?

NO CUTTING!!! i tried that on one side (on the sockliner) but you can't get to the holes without cutting through too many layers.

for the ankles: cut the rough shape out, roll it up and shove it in there. you might need a pin or toothpick to really force it in. okay that was the easy part, no you need to use the pin/toothpick to unravel the 3m inside. the real headache happens when you accidentally get it facing the wrong way. it's a real pain, but you CAN use a pin through the hole to either turn it around or pull it out again. you need a lot of patience, i tell you it almost made me rage. =D

You could take a seam ripper to the lining in the heel and glue it to the padding or what ever is directly behind the heel bubble and re-stitch the lining.
That would probably be the best way going about a permanent fix without any future adjustments. I'm glad someone actually did this! It's one of the coolest parts of the OGs
eltouha that is so awesome. You have inspired me to do this once I get a pair of 6s lol.

Back
Top Bottom