Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

I doubt they’re wearable, crumbling will happen.
I posted my 02 7s in this thread some time back, all they need is a fresh paint job with some suede care and they're good to go. I also have an 02 pair of OG French Blues that I surprisingly didn't have to re glue and have no weak spots that I wear, and I also re-glued an 04 pair of Olympic 7s which are wearable. Crumbling is not an issue with this shoe. Now, the back tabs are a different story and will eventually have to be replaced, but that's about it.

I posted my 02 7s in this thread some time back, all they need is a fresh paint job with some suede care and they're good to go. I also have an 02 pair of OG French Blues that I surprisingly didn't have to re glue and have no weak spots that I wear, and I also re-glued an 04 pair of Olympic 7s which are wearable. Crumbling is not an issue with this shoe. Now, the back tabs are a different story and will eventually have to be replaced, but that's about it.
I've seen 7 restorations with crumbled air units and you're right about the back tabs crackin but they are called air Jordan's for a reason they still crumble in the inside where you don't see I've seen people replace units with cork or even just donor pairs

I've seen 7 restorations with crumbled air units and you're right about the back tabs crackin but they are called air Jordan's for a reason they still crumble in the inside where you don't see I've seen people replace units with cork or even just donor pairs
I have taken out the air units when they separated. Mine have not. Same case for my 12s when they separated. I do a lot of research on various restoration techniques before I even touch my shoes for repair.

That tracks. I've only seen 1 picture of crumbled OG 7s on the internet, and they were Bordeauxs.
Hard to find pics of it happening for some reason.
The midsole on OG 7s are phylon externally, but PU internally so the midsole that you can see doesn’t break up but they will crumble internally and still be unwearable. Happened to my pair around 07-08. It’s a strange construction that they never did again with the 7s, which have been full phylon since the first retro in 02.

I still got em in storage somewhere, but here’s a pic I took of em

IMG_0035.png

Back
Top Bottom