Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

LOL, I literally was just coming here to post this. Look at the craftsmanship on the 1992 pair, there are glue marks all over that toe box. I knew I always remembered there being imperfections on the OG's. I'm just happy I get to own these awesome shoes again, after having them as a kid. Great video @MJO23DAN

Hope this video will make those complainers feel a little better with their pairs :lol: not unless they have those out of the box ugly scuffs/scratches here and there which the OGs dont have :lol:

It's different now tho.
Back then, one could pick between good and bad pairs since they weren't an instant sell out.
Also, quality should have gotten better as the manufacturing processes and standards should have evolved over the years.

Finally... And I'm still feeling some kinda way... The OGs didn't have the white leather painted white :lol:

Quality was deff poor on my pair, one pair looks precreased like somebody tried it on in the factory... :x

Just got my FNL pair in yesterday and they were solid. Only problem I had was the inside of the right shoe around the toebox was slightly creased. Glad I got both a 10 and 10.5 because these ran a lot smaller than my GMPs. The size 10 is really unwearable unless I'm barefooted or have on some thin Polo socks

Finally got my pair from FNL today. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with how they arrived. Some smudges and got some black dots on the toebox. I am happy with the tongue, though.

Nah, the box came in pretty good, since it came in a slightly bigger box.
I was surprised at how they shipped mine. Usually they always send me my pair in the huge FNL box. But this pair came in an unmarked box, that was about the same size as the box the NDC pair came in. I initially was happy because I thought this would have better protected the shoe box but boy was I wrong. It's not that beat up though. 

LOL, I literally was just coming here to post this. Look at the craftsmanship on the 1992 pair, there are glue marks all over that toe box. I knew I always remembered there being imperfections on the OG's. I'm just happy I get to own these awesome shoes again, after having them as a kid. Great video @MJO23DAN

Hope this video will make those complainers feel a little better with their pairs :lol: not unless they have those out of the box ugly scuffs/scratches here and there which the OGs dont have :lol:

It's different now tho.
Back then, one could pick between good and bad pairs since they weren't an instant sell out.
Also, quality should have gotten better as the manufacturing processes and standards should have evolved over the years.

Finally... And I'm still feeling some kinda way... The OGs didn't have the white leather painted white :lol:
acetone them [emoji]128514[/emoji]

The quality could've been better.
Sorry to hear you were disappointed. My pair come in the mail today... hoping for NO SCUFFS NO GLUE ON TOEBOX and DOPE TONGUE COLORS 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
No glue marks at all?? Nice lookin tongues? Yeahh..dats a tough one on this release. Even my pair ..which I feel is damn near perfect..has great tongues..but a couple microscopic glue stains on one of the toe boxes. But wit these new 7s.. some people got their Hares hit with the Peter North glue gun it seems

Both my NDC pairs arrived today. However, was a little upset with some of the flaws I found, but at the end of the day I'm happy I was able to cop two pear's.

Some Tongue Action!

Shoutout to MJO23DAN MJO23DAN for providing another quality video comparison of the OG hares VS the 2015 retro. Im a fan of your videos brother i always look forward to your work by providing us true knowledge of Jordan memorabilia and of course his sneakers. Again thank you so much fam

Wanted to post the video too.  One of the few legit reviewers out there @MJO23DAN
, great job as always! 

Thank you guys so much for the support. The shoes truly are as close to the original look with some very minor details.

My pair showed up with flaws, as expected. Here's how my chat with Nike went...

Joseph : Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?
Stephen: So I buy a pair of Jordan 7 Hares from Finish Line, they come riddled with defects.
Stephen: Is Jordan Brand serious with this nonsense?
Stephen: These were supposed to be part of a "remastered series"
Stephen: AKA a wake to sell the same lesser quality product for a higher markup
Joseph: Hi Stephen, I can definitely take your feedback on this! I do apologize for any defects your shoe has come with. Would you like me to get you our claims info so you can return them for a refund?
Stephen: I'm not looking for a refund
Stephen: I'm looking for accountability
Stephen: JB is taking advantage of people
Stephen: I have thousands of dollars worth of shoes from both Nike and JB
Stephen: this is an insult
Joseph: Well I can definitely let my team know your feedback on this. We expect the best from our products and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously!
Stephen: I'm not sure they do, though
Stephen: I can't even tell you how many times this has happened to me now
Stephen: this remastered series was supposed to change things
Stephen: but it didn't
Joseph: I totally understand where you are coming from. I do apologize for this Stephen, I have informed my team of this!
Stephen: Now what do I get for having to deal with this?
Stephen: I mean, if I send them back, then I have no chance at having a colorway I've long sough after
Stephen: but keeping them means I took an L, and JB wins
Stephen: "Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."
Stephen: this is a flat-out lie
Stephen: http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/
Stephen: "Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."
Stephen: If that were true, my shoes wouldn't have creased midsoles, glue stains, small stains on the leather, holes that weren't fully punched
Joseph: Well we are sold out of this model at the moment, I was unable to get a pair myself. But I can help you get a full refund for them through our claims department. I'm very sorry about this Stephen. I will be sure to let multiple departments know of the flaws!
Stephen: does Jordan Brand even bother with B-grading anymore?
Stephen: at least you'd get them at a discount price if you managed to obtain a pair
Stephen: then it wouldn't be as insulting after dropping over $200 on a pair of shoes
Joseph: As far as the B-grading goes, this model does not. But I can definitely understand your frustration Stephen. If you are unsatisfied with our products we will gladly take them back for a refund. I know that is not the route you want to go, but we hate for you to keep something you are unhappy with.
Stephen: I hate to send something back that I'll be unable to obtain again
Stephen: wow, so you're telling me they didn't B-grade a single pair of these?
Joseph: Totally understandable, but B-Grade merchandise is only available at Nike Factory Stores. If you are interested in seeing if they are available you can contact your local store. But as far as Nike.com goes, we don't have any left at this time.
Stephen: Right, but what I'm trying to say is that I find it doubtful B-grades exist if my pair and plenty of others I've seen were able to pass inspection to the general retail market.
Joseph: Well I have sent your feedback on this directly to my launch team as well as my operations team. I personally am unaware of any B-grades in existence as well. I do know we don't have them on Nike.com though.
Joseph: Would you like the claims info just in case you change your mind?
Stephen: nah
Stephen: I just want Jordan Brand to stop messing with its customers
Joseph: Totally get it, I will be sure to make sure my team gets its eyes on the feedback I sent up. Was there anything else I could assist you with today Stephen?
Stephen: That'll be all, thanks.
Joseph: No problem at all, have a great rest of your day! Thanks for chatting in with me today!

I understand ppl being mad about paying 200+ for shoes that are defected but lets keep it real yall act like the og jordans came perfect out of the box everything. I have brought plenty of og 's back in the 90's with defects its nothing new, ppl didnt care really bc we balled in our shoes.

My pair showed up with flaws, as expected. Here's how my chat with Nike went...

Joseph : Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?
Stephen: So I buy a pair of Jordan 7 Hares from Finish Line, they come riddled with defects.
Stephen: Is Jordan Brand serious with this nonsense?
Stephen: These were supposed to be part of a "remastered series"
Stephen: AKA a wake to sell the same lesser quality product for a higher markup
Joseph: Hi Stephen, I can definitely take your feedback on this! I do apologize for any defects your shoe has come with. Would you like me to get you our claims info so you can return them for a refund?
Stephen: I'm not looking for a refund
Stephen: I'm looking for accountability
Stephen: JB is taking advantage of people
Stephen: I have thousands of dollars worth of shoes from both Nike and JB
Stephen: this is an insult
Joseph: Well I can definitely let my team know your feedback on this. We expect the best from our products and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously!
Stephen: I'm not sure they do, though
Stephen: I can't even tell you how many times this has happened to me now
Stephen: this remastered series was supposed to change things
Stephen: but it didn't
Joseph: I totally understand where you are coming from. I do apologize for this Stephen, I have informed my team of this!
Stephen: Now what do I get for having to deal with this?
Stephen: I mean, if I send them back, then I have no chance at having a colorway I've long sough after
Stephen: but keeping them means I took an L, and JB wins
Stephen: "Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."
Stephen: this is a flat-out lie
Stephen: http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/
Stephen: "Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."
Stephen: If that were true, my shoes wouldn't have creased midsoles, glue stains, small stains on the leather, holes that weren't fully punched
Joseph: Well we are sold out of this model at the moment, I was unable to get a pair myself. But I can help you get a full refund for them through our claims department. I'm very sorry about this Stephen. I will be sure to let multiple departments know of the flaws!
Stephen: does Jordan Brand even bother with B-grading anymore?
Stephen: at least you'd get them at a discount price if you managed to obtain a pair
Stephen: then it wouldn't be as insulting after dropping over $200 on a pair of shoes
Joseph: As far as the B-grading goes, this model does not. But I can definitely understand your frustration Stephen. If you are unsatisfied with our products we will gladly take them back for a refund. I know that is not the route you want to go, but we hate for you to keep something you are unhappy with.
Stephen: I hate to send something back that I'll be unable to obtain again
Stephen: wow, so you're telling me they didn't B-grade a single pair of these?
Joseph: Totally understandable, but B-Grade merchandise is only available at Nike Factory Stores. If you are interested in seeing if they are available you can contact your local store. But as far as Nike.com goes, we don't have any left at this time.
Stephen: Right, but what I'm trying to say is that I find it doubtful B-grades exist if my pair and plenty of others I've seen were able to pass inspection to the general retail market.
Joseph: Well I have sent your feedback on this directly to my launch team as well as my operations team. I personally am unaware of any B-grades in existence as well. I do know we don't have them on Nike.com though.
Joseph: Would you like the claims info just in case you change your mind?
Stephen: nah
Stephen: I just want Jordan Brand to stop messing with its customers
Joseph: Totally get it, I will be sure to make sure my team gets its eyes on the feedback I sent up. Was there anything else I could assist you with today Stephen?
Stephen: That'll be all, thanks.
Joseph: No problem at all, have a great rest of your day! Thanks for chatting in with me today!
Joseph probably just closed your window and forgot that the conversation ever happened, and to be fair he is just some minion answering the Live Chat, it isn't like HE had anything to do with the production and assembly. I feel your pain, though, my pair just arrived via UPS and I'm scared to open them because of fear of disappointment. I'm seriously scared to see what I paid $200+ for in a pair of sneakers. The 'remaster' really was as joke, I haven't seen any real discernible upgrades in the sneakers released since the 'remaster'. I'm sure they didn't B-Grade any pairs otherwise they wouldn't have had enough to meet the outrageous demand online. JB knows they can get away with it because the demand is literally built in to the market. Not only is that demand built in to the market now but that same demand and hype only grows with each release as more and more people enter the game.

Back
Top Bottom