Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

I wanted to chime in when you guys were talking about the quality and craftsmanship issues. Someone had noted that if "you don't like it, don't buy it or why complain" statements? While that may be true, with any business, they want to hear feedback. What business never gets complaints? That's how they better themselves. While the remastered line is here, in my opinion, it is getting better as the releases have been dropping. There's a reason why the remastered series came into fruition and it was due to the fact that people complained. It finally hit the top of the pyramid.

The standard that Jordan Brand is supposed to represent was clearly not represented in their retro line. The signature pieces are hardly criticized because that's where the focus is moving forward. Pricing standards on the other hand come into play and that's another factor. It has definitely killed the resale market and I'm glad it did because now we can find shoes that we've always wanted in original colorways at decent resale prices. On the flip side, there has to be a balance. Hopefully this shows Jordan Brand that they need to decrease their price points because sneakers are sitting on shelves. I expect outlets to flourish once the next quarter hits.

I'm not sure about all over, but the only thing I really saw sitting for over two weeks were those pre grapes and french blues

And they're going to be in outlets for $169 or $179

Simple logic is just way to uncomplicated for a lot of these dudes. They thrive on overcomplicating things.

:\

This is really not the same as most companies wanting to hear feedback. For example, a restaurant that wants customer feedback so they can improve their food or customer service. They will surely start to lose customers and their business will suffer. This whole Retro Jordan thing is different. They've lied about improving the quality of their shoes and they'll continue to put out the same shoddy, subpar, inferior product and it'll keep selling out and fly right off the shelves as always. It will never change. Just my opinion.

I love em.........but quality def is not "remastered"

I honestly don't know what you and others that still feel this way are expecting. Seriously. Even after the comparison video up there :smh:. I mean other than the slight difference in shape, these are made about as good as they were initially in 92. They can't be more than they are, if that makes sense to you. I hear your opinion but honestly don't understand the sentiment. They could've been so much worse but clearly they did good on these. Leathers checks out (is nice), nubuck on point, minor imperfections like excess glue in spots/ scuffs should be expected on massed produced athletic shoes. Some of y'all are nuts for thinking otherwise. No shade at you just had to share my thoughts on this. Glad you're overall happy with your pair as you should be (after all you paid for em), I know I am.

This is really not the same as most companies wanting to hear feedback. For example, a restaurant that wants customer feedback so they can improve their food or customer service. They will surely start to lose customers and their business will suffer. This whole Retro Jordan thing is different. They've lied about improving the quality of their shoes and they'll continue to put out the same shoddy, subpar, inferior product and it'll keep selling out and fly right off the shelves as always. It will never change. Just my opinion.

The materials have improved, but the issue is that you're still outsourcing the production of the shoe for the least possible amount. Are the factories giving people making pennies a raise, better working conditions and more days off? Because if I'm making 20 cents an hour, you think I care about your precious Jordan's not having glue stains? I have bigger things to worry about.

There's an issue across the board across all the sneaker brands. It's just that you don't have a couple of hundred thousand people to complain about them every weekend. They've cut corners on adidas and reebok retroes. New Balance had a "remastered" 1300 and slapped a $300 price on it.

But continuing to complain every weekend is accomplishing nothing.

Either buy your kicks in person or don't buy. Sneakers aren't food or water.

You know what they say about repeating the same cycle over and over and expecting different results.

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in when you guys were talking about the quality and craftsmanship issues. Someone had noted that if "you don't like it, don't buy it or why complain" statements? While that may be true, with any business, they want to hear feedback. What business never gets complaints? That's how they better themselves. While the remastered line is here, in my opinion, it is getting better as the releases have been dropping. There's a reason why the remastered series came into fruition and it was due to the fact that people complained. It finally hit the top of the pyramid.

The standard that Jordan Brand is supposed to represent was clearly not represented in their retro line. The signature pieces are hardly criticized because that's where the focus is moving forward. Pricing standards on the other hand come into play and that's another factor. It has definitely killed the resale market and I'm glad it did because now we can find shoes that we've always wanted in original colorways at decent resale prices. On the flip side, there has to be a balance. Hopefully this shows Jordan Brand that they need to decrease their price points because sneakers are sitting on shelves. I expect outlets to flourish once the next quarter hits.

I made the point about not buying. However, it's the same complaint by people who also cry about striking out. I understand about companies wanting feedback but at what point do YOU become the smart consumer? No one is making you do anything. The downside to this whole thing is hype is so high for so many releases, you aren't afforded the opportunity to try on shoes in the store before you even buy them. So it's sort of a "you get what you get" sort of deal now. Even that being said, you can still return your pair of dissatisfied, right? But we don't even see that. People would rather turn into a reseller than return a pair they're iffy on for the money they paid. Hell, people KNOW they won't keep a pair and wear them a few times with plans on reselling them to some fool who will pay over retail for a pair of kicks with the same complaints as the person who is selling them. That's just the cycle we're in right now in terms of shoes.

I made the point about not buying. However, it's the same complaint by people who also cry about striking out. I understand about companies wanting feedback but at what point do YOU become the smart consumer? No one is making you do anything. The downside to this whole thing is hype is so high for so many releases, you aren't afforded the opportunity to try on shoes in the store before you even buy them. So it's sort of a "you get what you get" sort of deal now. Even that being said, you can still return your pair of dissatisfied, right? But we don't even see that. People would rather turn into a reseller than return a pair they're iffy on for the money they paid. Hell, people KNOW they won't keep a pair and wear them a few times with plans on reselling them to some fool who will pay over retail for a pair of kicks with the same complaints as the person who is selling them. That's just the cycle we're in right now in terms of shoes.

See but that's just it. You can't just sit there and say that you choose not to buy because it's not up to your standards. If there isn't feedback on the matter the ******** with the brand just continues whether you buy or not. Make your voice heard. Make formal complaints to the company. Write letters. While it may be a long shot, I believe the brand listens. Why else are we getting remastered product. Now we're nitpicking if there's a lose thread but I think consumers are afforded that. Especially if the price is raised.

^fam, the quality didn't just go downhill, it's been like that. For quite a while and everyone knows it. Why won't our voices be heard? Because we (as sneaker buying consumers) don't put our foot down and either stop buying or return the product and express our dissatisfaction. Instead, we pass their onus to another consumer who is unaware. If JB got entire RTV shipments on a more regular basis, it would make them think twice because it directly affects their bottom line, but they rarely get entire shipments returned. In their eyes the shoes sell well because they don't sit or come back. As a consumer, either put up or shut up. Simple as that.

^fam, the quality didn't just go downhill, it's been like that. For quite a while and everyone knows it. Why won't our voices be heard? Because we (as sneaker buying consumers) don't put our foot down and either stop buying or return the product and express our dissatisfaction. Instead, we pass their onus to another consumer who is unaware. If JB got entire RTV shipments on a more regular basis, it would make them think twice because it directly affects their bottom line, but they rarely get entire shipments returned. In their eyes the shoes sell well because they don't sit or come back. As a consumer, either put up or shut up. Simple as that.

How many retros have you obtained this year under the remastered initiative? There's a big difference between quality and craftsmanship. I'm sure 75% of sneakerheads don't know what quality is and the majority of the complaint is on craftsmanship (glue, threads, color blocking, etc).

How many retros have you obtained this year under the remastered initiative? There's a big difference between quality and craftsmanship. I'm sure 75% of sneakerheads don't know what quality is and the majority of the complaint is on craftsmanship (glue, threads, color blocking, etc).

I think you are assuming too much about me by asking me about how many shoes I bought from the remastered initiative. I am not the consumer to run out and buy jordans based off of some gimmick they are throwing out. I been on to their game. To answer your question, I copped FB 7s and these. My only planned pickups for the year and I'm done. These were pairs I missed out on in past years and I was going to buy regardless of a remastered tag. I'm well aware of craftsmanship vs. quality. You're right though, a lot of "sneakerheads" don't know squat and blindly buy. As for me, the recent releases of the AJ VI weren't good imo (olympic, infrared, sport blue, carmine) held them all in hand and chose not to buy. I didn't feel like the price was justified for me to spend it. That's the point I was making. All these complaints are assinine, no one is coming up to you on the street with a magnifying glass looking at the mistakes of the shoe. I noticed the pics people post of imperfctions of shoes on this board are really close up. Who is examining your shoe that closely when you are out wearing them?

So much truth right here.

But here's my take on complaints. If you want to send a complaint about a product then go head. Whether its to voice your opinion or try for a coupon code, do you . But when you become a broken record about this and that and "we are the problem with JB not caring," or "we as the consumer are ENTITLED,"  then its exasperating. Like dude venting on and on to the Nike rep. Send a simple complaint and move on. Don't drag it on and into these threads over and over just to be seen thirsting over next release.

Some of the sellers on eBay are disrespectful man, I told one of them I might have my money by Saturday when Saturday came I sent him a message that the money didn't come in and I apologized for the inconvenience.  Then he replied back thanks for wasting my time.  Another thing some sellers actually believe people are going to pay a lot over retail for these.

Some of the sellers on eBay are disrespectful man, I told one of them I might have my money by Saturday when Saturday came I sent him a message that the money didn't come in and I apologized for the inconvenience.  Then he replied back thanks for wasting my time.  Another thing some sellers actually believe people are going to pay a lot over retail for these.
I've been lucky getting helped out from sellers. even had a dude let me make a partial payment and pay the rest later lol

I've been lucky getting helped out from sellers. even had a dude let me make a partial payment and pay the rest later lol

Don't get me wrong not all sellers, its just that one was really rude and I apologized for what I did.
you've never had a customer service job before I take it lol
those are the only people you'll talk too

I think at this point Java could care less about people complaining bout how these aren't living up to the 'remastered" theme they promised. The company / restaurant comparison isn't valid too. It's more like, JB being a very popular girl that get all the guys' attention even though her personality ain't all that lol. She's not gonna change her bad habits if she's still getting the attention and gifts from the guys.

You did waste his time tho, what was the point of contacting a seller before you have the money?
This is a very touchy subject to me.  But I don't understand why people do this.  I can relate to the seller b/c he probably thought you had no intention of going thru with the deal.

If it's a day or two, I'll give the buyer time to pay.  But if someone is asking to give them a week or two to pay, I kindly let them know that whoever pays first gets em.

Back
Top Bottom