What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
sneakerbardetroit says the 2011 leather is much better but the tongue on the 2018 is nicer

OG
04-1.jpg

vt1.jpg

NT.jpg

EP OD

They’ll be reselling for at least $100 more than retail shortly after release so...
I hope not. If so, i hope resell calms like with the white cement4s. Paid $280 for those a week after RD -_-

Last edited:
They’ll be reselling for at least $100 more than retail shortly after release so...
So I’ve done some research and the consensus seems to be kicks crew is legit but was wondering if any of you guys have purchased from them before? If so,what was you guys experience?

So I’ve done some research and the consensus seems to be kicks crew is legit but was wondering if any of you guys have purchased from them before? If so,what was you guys experience?
Personally bought 3 pairs during the holidays when they were doing free shipping promos. All shipped/arrived within the time frame they said. The shoes were all legit. It seems like they "legit check" each pair and throw their own authentication tag on each shoe (like FC, Goat, Stockx). But I suppose that tag wouldn't mean much for anyone questioning their legitimacy anyway lol. I would not hesitate to order from them again when the price is right.

On another note, anyone from the LA area? I'm going to be there when these drop and was hoping to scoop a pair up. Can you let me know which FTL and FTA are the largest? I googled the flagships and those seem the be at Highline and South Broadway... any other locations to keep an eye out? Thanks!

Oh idk. Never heard of them. I have some other folks I go through which allow be to buy directly from a retailer. Not a preorder.

Dear Nike/JB,
Buy a damn 3D printer, scan the OG, print said mold for all components of the shoe and satisfy the masses for God’s sake. I mean if SpaceX can land freaking space shuttle Boosters on platforms in the Ocean, why can’t YOU get dimensions right on a SHOE? Shoes definitely aren’t rocket science.
You're fooling yourself if you actually believe the "we lost the molds excuse".

Them not doing it to OG form gives them an excuse to rerelease them in a few years a tad bit closer to OG form and basically double the profits. Prime example: 2012 vs 2016 WCIV. Yall have the right to be mad. Not giving you crap for that. I'm just saying, this is what's on Nike's mind. Money and marketing.

Kinda wish that the ovo 8 and the gold toe 1’s dropped the same day instead of the day before. Distract some people

Them not doing it to OG form gives them an excuse to rerelease them in a few years a tad bit closer to OG form and basically double the profits. Prime example: 2012 vs 2016 WCIV. Yall have the right to be mad. Not giving you crap for that. I'm just saying, this is what's on Nike's mind. Money and marketing.
THANK YOU. someone who gets it.

I totally agree with this. They know what they are doing by giving us a 98% retro every time around. They never give us 100%. Just to keep us coming back for the next. Space jam perfect example. The next retro will be 23 on the back, jumpman jam with a super clear outsole matching the 2000 release with super high pl cut. Each retro they change a small detail from the previous. It would not surprise me if 10 years from now they give us the perfect OG mold 3 ep height and hidden red lining with a jumpman return on the back tab. Each retro differs from the last in some way.

I totally agree with this. They know what they are doing by giving us a 98% retro every time around. They never give us 100%. Just to keep us coming back for the next. Space jam perfect example. The next retro will be 23 on the back, jumpman jam with a super clear outsole matching the 2000 release with super high pl cut. Each retro they change a small detail from the previous. It would not surprise me if 10 years from now they give us the perfect OG mold 3 ep height and hidden red lining with a jumpman return on the back tab. Each retro differs from the last in some way.
One of the best recent examples are the Bordeaux 7. Yeah they fixed the shape and added green to the tongue, but it had that ugly toe speed bump and the midsole was too dark. Changes people passed on, and reason to cop the next version.

One of the best recent examples are the Bordeaux 7. Yeah they fixed the shape and added green to the tongue, but it had that ugly toe speed bump and the midsole was too dark. Changes people passed on, and reason to cop the next version.
Yep. I got the 2011 with the grey midsole and passed on the newer release. The Bordeaux color on the newer seemed more of a purple also. Again there are several examples we can give. Just enjoy the release or pass.

Back
Top Bottom