What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Y’all acting like the 3 hasn’t looked this way since ‘01. Hell, this is the longest running mold for the 3. Said this before *bulletproofvestfastened* the ‘88s ain’t all that. Cement grey is dark, elephant print is tiny. Y’all praising that mold like it’s the best? Cough cough, 94... cough ‘01.
You just explained why the 88s are so dope by trying to knock them.

Also, yeah, it's the longest running mold. Time to switch things up. Way past due. 30th anniversary sounded like a good opportunity.

*Dead horse alert*

Let us keep in mind that they obviously don't need to change their entire business around to 'fix the mold'. They can clearly do it correctly if they wanted to as evidenced here :
air-jordan-3-cyber-monday1.jpg

But they chose to disrespect us instead. It's like they went out of their way to make everything weird and off except for the heel tab.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and or complain... if we didnt complain we never would have got this retro to begin with... im just happy they are coming out and the black cement 3s are my top 3 jordan for me and im going to wear it anyway so i dont care for the OG mold... maybe its just me but i dont like the OG elephant print it looks weird being so low...i have my 2011 still DS but i gave them to flightclub to sell and my CDP is beat so this retro is a must for me... i just hope they retro the black 4s with nike air :pimp:

everyone is entitled to their opinion and or complain... if we didnt complain we never would have got this retro to begin with... im just happy they are coming out and the black cement 3s are my top 3 jordan for me and im going to wear it anyway so i dont care for the OG mold... maybe its just me but i dont like the OG elephant print it looks weird being so low...i have my 2011 still DS but i gave them to flightclub to sell and my CDP is beat so this retro is a must for me... i just hope they retro the black 4s with nike air :pimp:
Only two pairs of Jays I'll ever ever care about

Gotta leave em on the shelf for that.

And I get the OG print looks weird comments but I keep thinking it only looks weird because no one has seen it in 3D in 30 years. Everyone's used to the retro cut. It's just like the PL height debacle on the space jams. Only this time they left it alone.

The thing I don't understand is this particular mold of 3s is 20 years old. Two decades of the same thing. Why wouldn't you want something different for once? It doesn't make sense to me.

Y’all acting like the 3 hasn’t looked this way since ‘01. Hell, this is the longest running mold for the 3. Said this before *bulletproofvestfastened* the ‘88s ain’t all that. Cement grey is dark, elephant print is tiny. Y’all praising that mold like it’s the best? Cough cough, 94... cough ‘01.

There were definitely blatant differences from the 2001 model to the 2011, which is why I haven't purchased since 2011.

For me, CDP's were just terrible, and the bold in-your-face elephant print on the 2011's was horrific. Cheap looking leather on 11's didn't help either!

Unfortunately, the bold elephant print is still there, but JB got me by the bizz-alls with that damn NA. Made me get the True Blues, too...ugh

P.S. 37 Club in the Building! Shoutout to all the legit "1980" babies!

The height of this shoe hasnt been fixed in a while too but ehh.

Damn.. for the older peeps.. the 80s had to look so crazy back then. Im fake obsessed with that era; especially being 32 I got to see the end of it and practically all of the 90s.

The height of this shoe hasnt been fixed in a while too but ehh.

Damn.. for the older peeps.. the 80s had to look so crazy back then. Im fake obsessed with that era; especially being 32 I got to see the end of it and practically all of the 90s.

I was mad young, but the 80's were just on a whole other level in NY especially! The "D" game was mad strong, and these 3's in particular were the dress down go-to, and that's IF they even wore sneakers. Dudes were always dressed and went hard on Bally's around the way! #BK

A 3 in true OG form would probably make me cry strictly off nostalgia! jk

We've now officially gotten to the point where the original shoe, and the reason we're here, is not the version we truly want? Just one time, for OG sake? That's interesting (and I'm a fan of '94s).

To each his own...but if the mold has been basura for close to 20 years, we should just say that's the answer? That time length is precisely WHY people get as heated as they do....they've had this much time to do it right. Throw in the fact JB charges north of $200 now and also claims to be remastering to the original specifications and well, I don't know how much more I could say on why people here are lobbing some bombs at JB.

The ones complaining will still be the ones buying. Not buying will have a greater impact compared to complaining on a sneaker board.

Yeah you haven’t been paying attention. A lot of us already said we’re not buying.

TBH I’m not passing as a form of boycott or to make a statement. I’m passing because I refuse to spend good money on garbage. If jb releases a proper retro I like I’ll buy. If they don’t that’s cool too.

Yeah you haven’t been paying attention. A lot of us already said we’re not buying.

TBH I’m not passing as a form of boycott or to make a statement. I’m passing because I refuse to spend good money on garbage. If jb releases a proper retro I like I’ll buy. If they don’t that’s cool too.
Yea, doesnt matter, a handful of sneaker connoisseurs on a sneaker forum not copping. These will still sell out too, and Nike will get their money. Yall can keep waiting and complaing, Nike will never give you what you guys are nit picking about.

Yea, doesnt matter, theyll still sell out too, and Nike will get their money. Yall can keep waiting and complaing, Nike will never give you what you guys are nit picking about.

You must work for the brand. Sounds like you actually WANT **** **** to come out. Or maybe you just don’t know the difference

We've now officially gotten to the point where the original shoe, and the reason we're here, is not the version we truly want? Just one time, for OG sake? That's interesting (and I'm a fan of '94s).

To each his own...but if the mold has been basura for close to 20 years, we should just say that's the answer? That time length is precisely WHY people get as heated as they do....they've had this much time to do it right. Throw in the fact JB charges north of $200 now and also claims to be remastering to the original specifications and well, I don't know how much more I could say on why people here are lobbing some bombs at JB.

Basically this ^^

If people continue to want to oversimplify and call me and the other people similar to me "complainers," have at it. I'm 41. I've been on NT (not always posting) since 1999/2000, when I was 23/24 and the site was new. We’re not complaining for the sake of complaining. Over the past decade-plus, we’ve seen all manner of things—good and bad—from Nike and Jordan. This III release, other than “Nike Air,” has done nothing to address some longstanding issues some of us longtime fans of the shoe have. They are legit observations, and while it might be unlikely anyone at Jordan cares to ever rectify them, never say never. If no one pointed out their dissatisfaction, no company would ever potentially make improvements. And we have occasionally seen this company actually sort of listen.

Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom