What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
You all will soon realize that JORDAN BRAND has not used traditional PU midsoles in over a decade when retros from 07-current do not crumble at all, or nearly as quickly.

I've been saying this for years whenever paint cracking or these shoes being uncomfortable comes up, but no one seems to listen. Has it crossed anyone's mind that older air maxes use the exact same tech, PU midsole with air unit, but don't feel like heavy bricks?

I say for polyurethane air unit type of sneakers, 10 years to rock em is a time frame. My cdps are wearable for now, units are fogging

Can someone put me on to this whole PU midsole debate or explain to me what differences between diff midsole materials on nikes are

Makes no sense papi, if you click buy then that's no accident. Why not just sell them retail to someone who took the L since you don't care for them? *shrug*
Lol never said I didn’t want them. Said I bought them with the intention of getting an L instead

10 years to start wearing them or 10 years until they are unwearable?

Imo like 10 years the time frame you wanna wear them. I just started to rock my ds cdps in nov 2016. I copped them around Feb 2009. They started fogging this 2017/18

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to depend on the shoe as well, 1999 AJ4s were crumbling by 06-07, but 2001 3s were good for 10 years.

Speaking for myself, i'd rather have a comfortable shoe that's only going to last 7-10 years than a brick that will never die.

Yea, there's lots of factors

My sport blue and fire red 3's hurt my pinkie toe in my normal shoe size, should I go 1/2 size up on these? Or are these going to be similar to the WC88's in sizing?

Sorry if this has been answered before!

It's the difference between open cell PUs vs closed cell PUs in which they use today. More info on that for those that are curious why crumbling processes aren't as susceptible in later PU midsole models. The same is applied elsewear.

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/plastics-rubber/closed-cell-open-cell/

Also, the reason for paint cracking has to do with the closed cell PU. Paint is laid on the exterior and cannot penetrate the surface of a closed cell PU. That's why you see it's easier to remove paint off a midsole of a post 2007 model vs a pre 2007 model which ends up dyeing (smearing) the midsole.

Good info

:nerd:

C54C4FA9-8E9B-4726-8253-EAE34A82D38A.jpeg
Please let all my pairs look like these!!!!! Perfect EP on the front!!! SNKRS pair ships Tuesday!!!!

Last edited:
I just sold my latest black cement retro because the midsole was chipped up. Glad I did now I can use that money for these :nthat:

I’m seeing that the leather is actually a lil better even if it ain’t much. Might double up if it is.

Quite honestly that leather looks exactly the same as the 2011 BC retro to me. Not saying that’s a good or bad thing. If the ep comes at least like my 2011s or even my recent TBs I’ll be cool with that.

Reactions: Ube
Havent checked this thread in a week, anybody get any info on the shirts? I need them more than the shoes to be totally honest.

Back
Top Bottom