Air Jordan III True Blue's releasing June 2011?

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

i just got back from looking at these and trying them on. i personally thought they looked cheap. didn't like the quality of leather and i thought the elephant print looked like payless quality. easy pass. if anyone is in the socal area and needs a size 11, the costa mesa house of hoops has a pair.

YOu made the right choice. I've got 01's,  2011 White/Cements and these. By FAR, the TB's are the worst quality. The leather IS cheap, they're uncomfortable and the craftsmanship is horrendous. As a result, these will likely end up being beaters. And I NEVER have beaters.
i'm glad that you feel the same way.  i remember the day that i bought my original fire red 3's in 1988.  the leather was so soft and just looked luxerious.  i put these true blues on and i thought i was wearing a bootleg.  i hope the black cement 3's later this year are better, but i seriously doubt it.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

i just got back from looking at these and trying them on. i personally thought they looked cheap. didn't like the quality of leather and i thought the elephant print looked like payless quality. easy pass. if anyone is in the socal area and needs a size 11, the costa mesa house of hoops has a pair.

YOu made the right choice. I've got 01's,  2011 White/Cements and these. By FAR, the TB's are the worst quality. The leather IS cheap, they're uncomfortable and the craftsmanship is horrendous. As a result, these will likely end up being beaters. And I NEVER have beaters.
i'm glad that you feel the same way.  i remember the day that i bought my original fire red 3's in 1988.  the leather was so soft and just looked luxerious.  i put these true blues on and i thought i was wearing a bootleg.  i hope the black cement 3's later this year are better, but i seriously doubt it.
eyes.gif

I personally think JB has done a good job over the past few releases...  Can't please everybody, but these look great.  Maybe it was my rose colored glasses looking at them, but I have enjoyed 2011 so far..

I personally think JB has done a good job over the past few releases...  Can't please everybody, but these look great.  Maybe it was my rose colored glasses looking at them, but I have enjoyed 2011 so far..

Can someone tell me how the 2001 TB IIIs, 2009 TB IIIs, and the 2011 TB IIIs differ?

Because from what I can see is that the cut on the toecap elephant is lower on the 09 as opposed to the 09s, and the eyelet cement is different on the 01s as opposed to the 09s. The elephant seems to be darker on the 09s than on the 11s. The grooves in the 09 elephant is thicker than the 01s and 11s. And the 01 grooves go vertically as opposed to the horizontal appearance on the 09s, and the combination of vertical and horizontal grooves on the 11s. All of those differences are very subtle and yet a person can tell that they are different pairs. These subtle changes are easy to do on something like cement, but depending on the shoe, the changes are harder to do.

Can someone tell me how the 2001 TB IIIs, 2009 TB IIIs, and the 2011 TB IIIs differ?

Because from what I can see is that the cut on the toecap elephant is lower on the 09 as opposed to the 09s, and the eyelet cement is different on the 01s as opposed to the 09s. The elephant seems to be darker on the 09s than on the 11s. The grooves in the 09 elephant is thicker than the 01s and 11s. And the 01 grooves go vertically as opposed to the horizontal appearance on the 09s, and the combination of vertical and horizontal grooves on the 11s. All of those differences are very subtle and yet a person can tell that they are different pairs. These subtle changes are easy to do on something like cement, but depending on the shoe, the changes are harder to do.

Just traded for my pair, i cant say i dont like them but the quality is not up to par, which i had expected. The leather also seems to be very slightly thinner than the white cements. Both had distinct smells though, the white cements had a heavy paint smell. The tru blues had a heavy permanent marker smell, its like as soon as you sniff em you get high. Not really relevant to anything but just thought id throw that out there. Anyone else get those smells though? I guess thats the smell of cheapness.

Just traded for my pair, i cant say i dont like them but the quality is not up to par, which i had expected. The leather also seems to be very slightly thinner than the white cements. Both had distinct smells though, the white cements had a heavy paint smell. The tru blues had a heavy permanent marker smell, its like as soon as you sniff em you get high. Not really relevant to anything but just thought id throw that out there. Anyone else get those smells though? I guess thats the smell of cheapness.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Eastbayrep - Ray and thank him for getting me my correct size (10.5). Eastbay originally sent me a sz 13 and I was pretty heated but Ray helped out big time and I got my shoes today. Thanks again!!! Much appreciated!!!  

Back
Top Bottom