Air Jordan III "UNC": March 7, 2020 $190

Clean enough to put on feet...

Screenshot_20240404_222514_Instagram.jpg

I really hope the shades of blue on the shoes and hoodie are the exact same or you’re in big trouble around here …

Its actually a smart investment. This shoe, believe it or not, will probably be worth $1,000 one day but I say more. Hard to see it now because sneaker markets are at a low. Over time, the sneaker market will change and prices may be inflated again. We just saw OJ pass away from cancer. God forbid anything happens to the Goat, but if and when that time comes some of these sneakers are gonna sky rocket. I see no reason to wear every sneaker if you have near 100 pairs. Like I said sneaker investment does not look smart right now but ONE day some of these shoes ,especially certain UNC colorways, will probably be worth gold.

I understand people like to look down on people who do not wear their shoes but let people do what they want. If we want wear them or keep them or sell them one day at at 500 % profit margin that everyone's own businesses and not sure why it would ever concern someone else. Btw, mine are ds, and same with the UNC 4., and 2015 UNC AJ 1.
I got 20-30 pair of J's I wear. I do not need to flex and rock all my J's. I will break out my Travis Reverse mocha or AJ 4 sb pine maybe occasionally because I doubled up but I see no need to wear everything especially because I understand and been selling sneaker for almost 20 yrs on ebay and been part of NT on and off since it started around the year 2000. I work 50 hrs a week currently so the sneaker game I consider a side hustle but one day its gonna pay dividends for sure.

Last edited:
I appreciate the takes but for me it's just as simple as having an embarrassingly large backlog and not having the time to wear my kicks. If you work Monday-Friday then that leaves you with only the weekend to rock your kicks. Even then, most of us who work just like to chill and take it easy on the weekend after the work week. I generally wear my jays when I'm popping out somewhere with my lady or on vacation. In most other instances I'm rocking forces or some form of air max.

Its actually a smart investment. This shoe, believe it or not, will probably be worth $1,000 one day but I say more. Hard to see it now because sneaker markets are at a low. Over time, the sneaker market will change and prices may be inflated again. We just saw OJ pass away from cancer. God forbid anything happens to the Goat, but if and when that time comes some of these sneakers are gonna sky rocket. I see no reason to wear every sneaker if you have near 100 pairs. Like I said sneaker investment does not look smart right now but ONE day some of these shoes ,especially certain UNC colorways, will probably be worth gold.

I understand people like to look down on people who do not wear their shoes but let people do what they want. If we want wear them or keep them or sell them one day at at 500 % profit margin that everyone's own businesses and not sure why it would ever concern someone else. Btw, mine are ds, and same with the UNC 4., and 2015 UNC AJ 1.
I got 20-30 pair of J's I wear. I do not need to flex and rock all my J's. I will break out my Travis Reverse mocha or AJ 4 sb pine maybe occasionally because I doubled up but I see no need to wear everything especially because I understand and been selling sneaker for almost 20 yrs on ebay and been part of NT on and off since it started around the year 2000. I work 50 hrs a week currently so the sneaker game I consider a side hustle but one day its gonna pay dividends for sure.

Lost me at smart investment

I’m here to wear my kicks

Do you tho

Also trends change...It's people who loaded up on those 2020 dunk lows as "smart investments" and look at the prices of those now. It's an extremely volatile market with demand that shifts pretty quickly.

Buy what you like, if you're trying to make money be careful because pigs get slaughtered. That $500 shoe could be $160 in 6 months.

Well said.. Got soo many pairs on Ice.. I have been in this sneaker scene for 26 years and now see some sneakers as artwork. I got myself doubles and triples of pairs just because how much I like them. Some pairs I have different sizes to pass down to my kids when they are adults. Selling kicks is merely a cost reduction for me. If my UNC 3's hit $1000 + I still wont sell them. If GOAT passes, my appreciation for all my OG's will hit different.

I missed out on these during the pandemic. 😢

Would love to have a pair to rock but not about to pay resell. Just gonna have to hope they get a re-release one day.

Lost me at smart investment

I’m here to wear my kicks

Do you tho

That's resellers mentality

Yeah, buying sneakers as investments is, in the long run, foolish. If someone is really about investing, there are much better places to park your money. Obviously you can make money selling shoes--I've done it, too--but it's not a good reason to buy and sit on sneakers for years.

Yeah, buying sneakers as investments is, in the long run, foolish. If someone is really about investing, there are much better places to park your money. Obviously you can make money selling shoes--I've done it, too--but it's not a good reason to buy and sit on sneakers for years.
I resell shoes either I haven't worn or barely wear but to sit on DS pairs for decades not a good idea

I resell shoes either I haven't worn or barely wear but to sit on DS pairs for decades not a good idea
I do, too, but like you say, I also don't for years sit on things I'd like to wear because there's a 10 percent chance they might go up in value by $100-$200. There is zero to indicate a shoe like this particular III is suddenly going to have a bunch of people willing to pay $1K or more for it, or anywhere near that.
I still wonder what happened to the guy who was buying up all the takedown Kobe's he could when the Nike contract ended :lol:

These are one of my favorite pairs of Js, very wearable and also durable. Probably my favorite pair of UNC Js.

I do, too, but like you say, I also don't for years sit on things I'd like to wear because there's a 10 percent chance they might go up in value by $100-$200. There is zero to indicate a shoe like this particular III is suddenly going to have a bunch of people willing to pay $1K or more for it, or anywhere near that.
I still wonder what happened to the guy who was buying up all the takedown Kobe's he could when the Nike contract ended :lol:
The vemons

Granted, I haven't worn my pair but about 5 times... Im fresh off the treadmill about to leave. My guy comes in rocking some UNC 3s a about to give them that treadmill action... And here we are some years later with DS pairs.

How ironic when we're chopping it up about this. Thought this was kinda wild...

Screenshot_20240413_202513_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_202633_Gallery.jpg

Granted, I haven't worn my pair but about 5 times... Im fresh off the treadmill about to leave. My guy comes in rocking some UNC 3s a about to give them that treadmill action... And here we are some years later with DS pairs.

How ironic when we're chopping it up about this. Thought this was kinda wild...

Screenshot_20240413_202513_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240413_202633_Gallery.jpg
Reminds me of this time I was running a half marathon and a woman ran past me wearing black cement 3s. I was heated.

Back
Top Bottom