AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

EF83158B-F6C6-4283-A214-A91D00E47360.gif
Dude is that a 2020 pair of fire red V's in your profile pic?? Did they yellow already??

Lol yay but still, that was one fast ageing. Super impressively swag, tho, ngl.
Dude they’re not even that yellow. engineer engineer posted recent pics of them in the FR V thread. If we’re talking about soles, the same thing happened to the OGs back in 1990. Now, the yellowing netting is a different story. That’s a problem retros have had for a long time that the originals generally did not.

Dude they’re not even that yellow. engineer engineer posted recent pics of them in the FR V thread. If we’re talking about soles, the same thing happened to the OGs back in 1990. Now, the yellowing netting is a different story. That’s a problem retros have had for a long time that the originals generally did not.
Knew about the netting, of course. Knew about the OG's too, that pair on the "sneaker related crimes" cover for the Times magazine even had some bit of yellowing. But didn't think this would happen in such a short span of life.

Edit: They ain't as oxidized as I remembered, and that was Sports Illustrated instead of the Time.

1610361521146.png

Knew about the netting, of course. Knew about the OG's too, that pair on the "sneaker related crimes" cover for the Times magazine even had some bit of yellowing. But didn't think this would happen in such a short span of life.

Edit: They ain't as oxidized as I remembered, and that was Sports Illustrated instead of the Time.

1610361521146.png
I still remember the day I got that issue of SI in the mail in eighth grade LOL
Just FYI engineer engineer said he's worn them almost every day since they came out. That was almost eight months ago. That's how we all used to wear shoes way back before this thing of having a million pairs in your closet and babying them all came to be a thing. And in that context, I was actually surprised his pair didn't look a whole lot more beat and yellow, honestly. When it comes to wear and tear on shoes, I think we've lost sight of reality sometimes. You used to be lucky to have one let alone a few pairs per year. Especially if you were a kid and had to have your parents pay for them ...

I still remember the day I got that issue of SI in the mail in eighth grade LOL
Just FYI engineer engineer said he's worn them almost every day since they came out. That was almost eight months ago. That's how we all used to wear shoes way back before this thing of having a million pairs in your closet and babying them all came to be a thing. And in that context, I was actually surprised his pair didn't look a whole lot more beat and yellow, honestly. When it comes to wear and tear on shoes, I think we've lost sight of reality sometimes. You used to be lucky to have one let alone a few pairs per year. Especially if you were a kid and had to have your parents pay for them ...
Imma check the aforementioned pics he posted recently on the fire reds thread. Curious how they turned out.

Edit: Man do they look gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom