Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by sthebest

3thaman wrote:

milestailsprowe wrote:

Whats the issue?

No issue for me I could care less but back in my day we compared everything to these and the originals.
313120188.jpg

and what you boys are getting are not even good fakes from the time frame i mentioned. But hey you fellows seem to have cash to burn so make it rain for all I care.

383958033.jpg

Those 99s look great and all, but this is for the 2012 white cement IVs thread.

Maybe you should consider making a 1999 White/Cement 4 Appreciation Post...im just saying is all.

Hey look I come into niketalk about one time a month now if that. So take that for what it is, I don't keep up with JB anymore and I don't mean to come of up as hating. But I am hating.
laugh.gif
 You guys are just feeding the beast. Around 04-05 JB started trying new things to see what they can get away with and people have bought in and this is where your at. No hate, but just here to remind you that you are paying more money for a more inferior product.  Now if those where the same as the 99's, yes they're worth every bit of $160, hell I'd pay $200. But c'mon guys, prices going up and quality going down? When does Jordan lose it's allure? (sp?)  And this comes from a guy who was 14 when Mike came into the league. I grew up with the man and I just hate what is going on now.  So I'm sorry if my comments come off as holier than though but
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.

LMAO & SMH @ the sametime.....

Originally Posted by BennyFrankTheKing

when is everyone going to get over the fact that we will never see the "nike air" again. the quality will never be the like the og's or first retros. when jb makes there retros nowadays they are just replicas of the og's just like when mitchell and ness makes there throwback jersey there just replicas of the og jerseys of that time. there for they will never be the same so just stop crying and let the people buy the product who dont care and never had the chance to own og's or never will .

Im glad you mentioned Mitchell and Ness. back in 1999-03, the jerseys looked historically accurate and were well worth the $300. now, the cuts are off and there are so many inaccuracies that it's not funny.

I hear where you're coming from 3thaman. I grew up with Mike too (im 27 btw). I had the 1999 white cement 4s and they eventually cracked on me. I grew up in Chicago and watched damn near every Bulls game from the championship era and then some. I too would like everything to be made like it once was, but unfortunately that's not the case. You have to remember that these will be as close to perfect as we can get. We either take what they give us or leave it alone. We could choose not to feed the beast, but for every older collector that doesn't buy a release, 1,000 hypebeasts will buy because they either want to impress their friends with the new Jordans or see it as a money maker on the resell market. I will always love the 1999 white cement 4, but am past the stage of my life where I hold on to something that I have little possibility of wearing without cracking. And before you say $500-$700 can get you a wearable pair of 99s, I wouldn't do that while for the same price I can get a nice pair or Louis loafers or sneakers with much better quality than anything Jordan Brand could ever perceive of putting out.

Also, since I get most of my Jordans on discount, I'm not much to complain. With these for $123 after tax, the quality is good enough in my eyes. 

Originally Posted by BennyFrankTheKing

when is everyone going to get over the fact that we will never see the "nike air" again. the quality will never be the like the og's or first retros. when jb makes there retros nowadays they are just replicas of the og's just like when mitchell and ness makes there throwback jersey there just replicas of the og jerseys of that time. there for they will never be the same so just stop crying and let the people buy the product who dont care and never had the chance to own og's or never will .

Im glad you mentioned Mitchell and Ness. back in 1999-03, the jerseys looked historically accurate and were well worth the $300. now, the cuts are off and there are so many inaccuracies that it's not funny.

I hear where you're coming from 3thaman. I grew up with Mike too (im 27 btw). I had the 1999 white cement 4s and they eventually cracked on me. I grew up in Chicago and watched damn near every Bulls game from the championship era and then some. I too would like everything to be made like it once was, but unfortunately that's not the case. You have to remember that these will be as close to perfect as we can get. We either take what they give us or leave it alone. We could choose not to feed the beast, but for every older collector that doesn't buy a release, 1,000 hypebeasts will buy because they either want to impress their friends with the new Jordans or see it as a money maker on the resell market. I will always love the 1999 white cement 4, but am past the stage of my life where I hold on to something that I have little possibility of wearing without cracking. And before you say $500-$700 can get you a wearable pair of 99s, I wouldn't do that while for the same price I can get a nice pair or Louis loafers or sneakers with much better quality than anything Jordan Brand could ever perceive of putting out.

Also, since I get most of my Jordans on discount, I'm not much to complain. With these for $123 after tax, the quality is good enough in my eyes. 

I have a pair of wearable 99 white/cement IV's that I wear from time to time. But that doesn't mean that I'm not excited for this release. I feel that my 99's may soon be reaching their time, so the 2012's should be a great replacement if they were to ever fail on me. They're still good for now, but who knows for how long. I just know I'm gonna be pissed if I don't cop the new ones if my 99's get bad somewhere down the line. I just plan to cop the 2012's and keep them on ice until my 99's meet their demise.

I have a pair of wearable 99 white/cement IV's that I wear from time to time. But that doesn't mean that I'm not excited for this release. I feel that my 99's may soon be reaching their time, so the 2012's should be a great replacement if they were to ever fail on me. They're still good for now, but who knows for how long. I just know I'm gonna be pissed if I don't cop the new ones if my 99's get bad somewhere down the line. I just plan to cop the 2012's and keep them on ice until my 99's meet their demise.

Alot of people dont know that keeping shoes with that spongy foam midsole on ice is the worst thing you can do. The midsole dries out from lack of moisture and then when you finally wear them after 8+ years, they crumble. for those who wanna keep pairs on ice, you will prolong the

Alot of people dont know that keeping shoes with that spongy foam midsole on ice is the worst thing you can do. The midsole dries out from lack of moisture and then when you finally wear them after 8+ years, they crumble. for those who wanna keep pairs on ice, you will prolong the

Originally Posted by stahnskiOHHH

QFT. My '99s are already cracked but i still wear them from time to time and they still look clean. I really need a replacement pair and send the '99s to retirement.

Originally Posted by stahnskiOHHH

QFT. My '99s are already cracked but i still wear them from time to time and they still look clean. I really need a replacement pair and send the '99s to retirement.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

whens the release date on these

18 Feb.
I'm excited because like others I remember these from when I was growing up and unfortunately my folks wouldn't let me get them because they were too expensive and I would just grow out of them.  Now, I'm older and I understand that I'm not going to buy every release, only the ones that I really like or wanted as a kid.  If I like them, I will get them and enjoy them.  That's what other people should do.  Don't let someone else sway your opinion.  That being said, don't jump on a hype train and buy them if you don't like them and then try and gouge the rest of us because we do.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

whens the release date on these

18 Feb.
I'm excited because like others I remember these from when I was growing up and unfortunately my folks wouldn't let me get them because they were too expensive and I would just grow out of them.  Now, I'm older and I understand that I'm not going to buy every release, only the ones that I really like or wanted as a kid.  If I like them, I will get them and enjoy them.  That's what other people should do.  Don't let someone else sway your opinion.  That being said, don't jump on a hype train and buy them if you don't like them and then try and gouge the rest of us because we do.  Thanks.

What are the "proper steps" to making sure i copp from NDC?
nerd.gif
And hopefully my guy comes through so I can get these for $130.

What are the "proper steps" to making sure i copp from NDC?
nerd.gif
And hopefully my guy comes through so I can get these for $130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom