Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

The Jumpman looks kind of dumb but the real question is the quality of the leather because different directions is something no one is gonna notice on feet. It is what is is... Jordan Brand be trippin'. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Only reason I don't like the reverse jumpman is because it makes it look very small. I remember the OGs and it looked pretty big. Now if they matched the size I would consider it but they dropped the ball. I'm glad they added the plastic lace hole at the bottom, but they should have went all the way with this retro.

Yeah it just bugs me how jb can get certain things right (lace hole Nike Air on the insole) but not have the jumpman on the left foot facing the correct way smh...imma cop cause my 02 pair prolly isn't wearable anymore

Last edited:
Yeah it just bugs me how jb can get certain things right (lace hole Nike Air on the insole) but not have the jumpman on the left foot facing the correct way smh...imma cop cause my 02 pair prolly isn't wearable anymore

Helps with collectors and keep the "og" true to its original date

F*** collectors, i want retros that look like the unwearable and crumbling OGs
​  Agree, except f--k the collector part.  Collectors are what made the Jordan line relevant long before/after he stopped playing basketball.  Collectors started all this hype way before it was what it is today.  I do not agree with protecting the collectors investment and I'm one of them.  Nike should've done this right.  I own a olive and a white black IX original.  If you look at them the wrong way they will crack on you.  I also have the CDP and the 2010.  Its unfortunate that my CDP is the closest thing I have to the original but I know if I wear them they will fall apart.  Never collected for prestige or money making purposes, I collected because it actually means something to me personally.  Collectors understand that.

​  Agree, except f--k the collector part.  Collectors are what made the Jordan line relevant long before/after he stopped playing basketball.  Collectors started all this hype way before it was what it is today.  I do not agree with protecting the collectors investment and I'm one of them.  Nike should've done this right.  I own a olive and a white black IX original.  If you look at them the wrong way they will crack on you.  I also have the CDP and the 2010.  Its unfortunate that my CDP is the closest thing I have to the original but I know if I wear them they will fall apart.  Never collected for prestige or money making purposes, I collected because it actually means something to me personally.  Collectors understand that.
collecting is cool to me, but when it is not valued more than the regular customers who vastly outnumber collectors multiple times over. Making retros to cater to collectors should be outdated by now. They fixed the aqua 8s, Bordeaux 7s, etc. to look similar to the og but you can still differentiate which is which. This release is a remaster of the 2010 not the OG

collecting is cool to me, but when it is not valued more than the regular customers who vastly outnumber collectors multiple times over. Making retros to cater to collectors should be outdated by now. They fixed the aqua 8s, Bordeaux 7s, etc. to look similar to the og but you can still differentiate which is which. This release is a remaster of the 2010 not the OG
​  Yes, I agree with all you said there. 

Understand the IX is one of my favorites and Im a little salty about this also. 

These will hit $140-$150 not too long after release on footsites and outlets. $190 is too much to pay for a "non-remastered" retro 9.

I dot know how quick they will be marked down, took until last night for the black 9 low to be marked down and they came out half a year ago!

Waiting for official Nike pics, but so far I like the matte midsole and the higher mudguard. Sucks about the reverse jumpman, but they'll just juice us for another pair in a few years.

Definitely. They seem to sell "partially remastered" shoes but VERY few (if any) retro releases are truly "remastered"
most og retros have been remastered, i just discovered and posted about the fact that the Bordeaux from last year are true to the original pair made in Korea and not the Taiwan pair which we've seen much more.
View media item 2221964
This is probably the only og remaster to completely miss the mark.

most og retros have been remastered, i just discovered and posted about the fact that the Bordeaux from last year are true to the original pair made in Korea and not the Taiwan pair which we've seen much more.
View media item 2221964
This is probably the only og remaster to completely miss the mark.

Toe-box shape looks off though.

Also, toe-box shape on the 2016 4s is still off (although it's better than the bulky toe-box on the 2012s). Materials on "remastered" pairs have also been inconsistent-especially on retro + cws. French Blue 7s had terrible paint jobs and the 5 lows that releases were completely different, material quality wise (specifically, the DFA 5 lows vs the Fire Red 5 lows).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom