Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

So who's going to pull the trigger day one? Nostalgia reasons for me but let's be honest this shoe feels like a brick under your feet.>:

ok, it's not the most comfortable, but I still love my IX's. I will admit, the few pairs of iv's I have (all from recent years, are more comfortable). those cement iv's almost feel as as good to my feet as my air max.

Hopefully Nike hits me with a reservation on these so I can cop with ease, not that I'm expecting a lot of hoopla for these. Still feels good to lock down a pair early.

So...these may sit? Never owned 9s. These will be first pair. If I can get em below retail even better

Seems with all the releases these probably will sit...especially if they available everywhere...still coping for nostalgia reasons....crazy last time I coped these it was to hoop in..i remember they was heavy as ****....now all I wear to hoop in is light low cut shoes (ie kobes) crazy how time flies.....

Last edited:
I wish i had a 2016 spending mentality back when the BINs dropped
mean.gif
.. I will die regretting not buying the BIN 13s off anyconline.com for 220.00..
frown.gif

you know slight tumble is the new wave
All of this, and get some of that full grain remastered leather too.
I just saw these in hand and the leather quality is just like my 2010s. So don't be expecting that Cyber Monday leather. Also the other things that make these "OG" is the Nike branding on the insole (which will surely rub off)  for $40 more than the 2010 retailed for. I'll just stick to the 2010s this release is an easy pass for me. On foot you won't be able to tell a difference.

I just saw these in hand and the leather quality is just like my 2010s. So don't be expecting that Cyber Monday leather. Also the other things that make these "OG" is the Nike branding on the insole (which will surely rub off)  for $40 more than the 2010 retailed for. I'll just stick to the 2010s this release is an easy pass for me. On foot you won't be able to tell a difference.

Not to forget that the midsole paint job is dull like the OGs while the 2002, 2010 retros had a glossy paintjob.
Also the first plastic lace eyelet is back like it should be.

That eyelet is the smallest, most trivial thing ever removed and put back. I don't think it's even worth noting as something to justify the price increase

Not to forget that the midsole paint job is dull like the OGs while the 2002, 2010 retros had a glossy paintjob.
Also the first plastic lace eyelet is back like it should be.

Shiiii. Because I'm cheap as hell these days I may just start hunting for a clean 2010 pair.

Ignoring the backward Jumpman on left shoe, these are the most true to the originals aren't they?

Ignoring the backward Jumpman on left shoe, these are the most true to the originals aren't they?
That's a very hard detail to ignore. Eyelet, insole and Matt paint are trivial in comparison to be real.

The 2002 and CDP will always look truer to the og because of the jumpman. I know NT folks like to tell people to ignore differences which is up to you, but saying that the jumpman should be overlooked because in place of the insole and midsole paint ignores the very obvious aesthetic change from this and the 2010 retro from the OG which is only because of jumpman.

Last edited:
That's a very hard detail to ignore. Eyelet, insole and Matt paint are trivial in comparison to be real.

The 2002 and CDP will always look truer to the og because of the jumpman. I know NT folks like to tell people to ignore differences which is up to you, but saying that the jumpman should be overlooked because in place of the insole and midsole paint ignores the very obvious aesthetic change from this and the 2010 retro from the OG which is only because of jumpman.
​   They have re released this shoe 4 times since its original.  02, 08, 10, now.  They are never gonna get it truly perfect because they want us coming back.  The next will have the correct jumpman with max orange or something.  You know what I mean. They will always change a small detail to lure us in one more time.   The 9s and the 1s have ONLY one thing in common in my opinion,  the 1 will always promote the swoosh no matter what you wear jeans or shorts.  The 9 will always promote the jumpman, jeans or shorts.  Nike gets the best of both worlds with these 2 totally different style of shoes.  Love both styles, but theres a reason they keep pumpin out these two models over and over again.   Agree with jaylaw15,  02 and 08 the closest we have,  the size and direction of jumpman is a huge detail on this shoe.

​   They have re released this shoe 4 times since its original.  02, 08, 10, now.  They are never gonna get it truly perfect because they want us coming back.  The next will have the correct jumpman with max orange or something.  You know what I mean. They will always change a small detail to lure us in one more time.   The 9s and the 1s have ONLY one thing in common in my opinion,  the 1 will always promote the swoosh no matter what you wear jeans or shorts.  The 9 will always promote the jumpman, jeans or shorts.  Nike gets the best of both worlds with these 2 totally different style of shoes.  Love both styles, but theres a reason they keep pumpin out these two models over and over again.   Agree with jaylaw15,  02 and 08 the closest we have,  the size and direction of jumpman is a huge detail on this shoe.

Nike/JB pumps out wayyyy more 4s than 9s though.. I don't even think 9s are top 5 in sales for all retro models.

Last edited:
Nike/JB pumps out wayyyy more 4s than 9s though.. I don't even think 9s are top 5 in sales for all retro models.
​   True,  the 9 never has moved well.  Going on my own experiences everytime  I go into a mall theres a  9 colorway.  Sittin.  Og colors will sell better but still not great.  Just like with 1s, most plus colorways, they sit.  Except for SBBs.  OGs fly off shelves.   Just think they beat them 2 to death sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom