Air Jordan Retro 1 High OG "White/Navy- 2001 Japan" Holiday 2020

I had those navy mids back in the day. Didnt really get much love back then. Hope they sit this time around too so i can buy them easily.

j1.jpg

I remember having these in 01. Why are these called the Japan’s?

A combination of lazy nicknaming, the insoles of the shoes saying Co.JP, and the shoes taking a few details from the Co.JP versions of the colorways (they took the jewel Wings logo from the mid, but the blank heel and high silhouette were already aspects of the Japan versions.)

People calling these "Navy Japans" or even this thread's title are a little odd to me too though too because this colorway was straight up a Co.JP exclusive and fits both better:

Air-Jordan-1-Retro-Japan-White-2001.jpeg

Last edited:
1D7CBC48-0A11-43F8-8EBB-1A5994F69CFC.jpeg

Had a high school friend who was in financial troubles back in 2011 who sold these to me for $50, new witthout the box. First pair of 1’s ever owned, I beat the hell out of these and got so many compliments even as they aged. I had to let go of them last summer because their was almost no more tread on the tires when I balled in them outdoors. Good luck to those trying to cop on this upcoming release.

I think the tongue on these makes sense and I understand why they did it. It looks good too. Better than the jumpman IMO. Can’t wait for these.

The the jewel wings but might have to cop

wish **** was easy to cop online. I haven’t been trying to anything at all as of late but FTL app used to be clutch til they ruined it

Back
Top Bottom