Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

You! JB! Thanks! These are 99% perfect to the OG down to the blue peeping out from the lining and almost close to the shape. I will take them with no issues and not even wait on a sale price!

Have a feeling these are only grabbing the attention of us triple OG guys, and I’m totally fine with that!

The toe shape and lack of 23 and blue edging is awesome. Double up for sure plus pairs for the kids.

When they first leaked, I saw a comment under one of J23's posts about them where some girl said "why JB keep releasing trash like this that don't nobody want but old people?" PLEASE keep that same energy on release date! :rofl:

Air Jordan 9 “Powder Blue”
Color: Summit White/Black-Dark Powder Blue
Style Code: FQ8992-101
Release Date: March 23, 2024
Price: $210
1703144783434.png

1703144802061.png

When they first leaked, I saw a comment under one of J23's posts about them where some girl said "why JB keep releasing trash like this that don't nobody want but old people?" PLEASE keep that same energy on release date! :rofl:

Old people made this relevant. Am I wrong?

What I’d genuinely like to know is, exactly what do “young” people like this think is fire, then? Silly collabs and fusions and Jordan 1s? How inspired and “original” of them. But hey, frankly most humans aren’t especially bright or informed or original. I imagine if Porsche could make some brand new 1955 550 Spyders or 356 Speedsters, people like this would say, why is Porsche releasing cars only old people want? It’s so stupid that it barely deserves acknowledgement, in all honesty.

What I’d genuinely like to know is, exactly what do “young” people like this think is fire, then? Silly collabs and fusions and Jordan 1s? How inspired and “original” of them. But hey, frankly most humans aren’t especially bright or informed or original. I imagine if Porsche could make some brand new 1955 550 Spyders or 356 Speedsters, people like this would say, why is Porsche releasing cars only old people want? It’s so stupid that it barely deserves acknowledgement, in all honesty.
I think they’re over 1’s right now too outside of TS. I get the impression there’s a type out there that only buys collabs, dunks with a theme/narrative, and whatever pops up as the hyped “going to 2k+” shoe. I think teens are more interested in buying Crocs collabs with children’s movies or McDonald’s than Jordans at this point.

Damn these Powder 9's are looking on point.

I'm going to have to grab a pair even though I wasn't planning to.

They did a good job.

I wanted Military 4's also, but not buying any 4's until the fix the alignment of the Nike Air on the back.

Damn these Powder 9's are looking on point.

I'm going to have to grab a pair even though I wasn't planning to.

They did a good job.

I wanted Military 4's also, but not buying any 4's until the fix the alignment of the Nike Air on the back.
I can appreciate the dedication! Im considering a tab swap just because who knows how long it’ll be before they correct the alignment? This is the first proper retro of the militaries. I personally can’t and won’t wait for JB any longer on this specific model because it was my first Jordan ever

So glad to see OG out here thriving. He did so much for the shoe game, we really gotta give him his flowers.. these joints are too cold

XezFPjg.gif

What I’d genuinely like to know is, exactly what do “young” people like this think is fire, then?
Whatever social media tells them. Us older people had our peers, teammates, and actual magazines to read and decide what we liked. Now they are being told what to like. As a "last years Jordan" kid growing up, I got the pot shots at times. But I was too happy about the shoe I had on to let it bother me.
The difference from then to now imo was we were more free to have our own taste. There was never a worry about posting kicks and waiting for likes and emoji reactions.

I’m still not sold on the leather they used…Every new look at them has them giving off that white on white AF1 quality vibe…Still holding off for some actual detailed pics to see what’s what…Even with the adjustments they made, it would still be a pass if the leather is trashy plastic…

is this the same blue as the 2010 pair? Im contemplating copping cuz my 2010 pair still in decent condition just minor creasing on the midsole... still might cop though

is this the same blue as the 2010 pair? Im contemplating copping cuz my 2010 pair still in decent condition just minor creasing on the midsole... still might cop though
I think its a lighter shade. Maybe the lack of a glossy finish on the midsole makes the difference. I personally would not be too confidant with the 2010 due to eventual paint chipping/flaking off. I am wearing some white and blacks from 2010 today. The midsoles are sad. I wear them quite a bit though.
I truly believe the new release are closer to 1994 in regards to the shade of blue.

The shape looks much better, I feel like they improved the mudguard height and as someone else pointed out the teeth look better as well. And yea, shade of blue looks better too, maybe still on the light side slightly but at least it ain’t glossy no more.

Back
Top Bottom