Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

These don't look like the same shape bruh

1708542378569.png

Those up there better be a size 6

They look perfectly fine to me. This is the only 9 I’ll ever want at this point so I’m definitely in for one pair.

Anyone who says these need the 23 simply wasn’t there in 94

The lack of 23 made them special, almost the same effect for us 90s kids as seeing the aj7 have a 9 on the back. Just made them their own amazing magical thing.

I can imagine being under 35 or and having only seen retro 9s my entire life thinking the absence of the 23 is weird, but really that’s it. An age thing.

The lack of 23 made them special, almost the same effect for us 90s kids as seeing the aj7 have a 9 on the back. Just made them their own amazing magical thing.

I can imagine being under 35 or and having only seen retro 9s my entire life thinking the absence of the 23 is weird, but really that’s it. An age thing.
And in the context of the UNC jerseys, the lack of 23 was almost an effort to make it a team shoe/colorway. So it makes sense why it didn’t have a 23 on it. The jerseys and shorts were a first and the matching shoes, unseen on MJ’s feet publicly made these a must have for any kid after the 3-peat

I was only 1 in 94 so you may have a point. These look great regardless, just gonna take time for me to get used to since all I've ever seen is the 23 on the back.

I’m not saying these will sell out, but don’t forget about when those black patent leather 9s came out around this time in 2018 and inexplicably flew. It is tax time after all.

I’m not saying these will sell out, but don’t forget about when those black patent leather 9s came out around this time in 2018 and inexplicably flew. It is tax time after all.
Either way I’m not worried. I’ve picked up 14 Jordan’s I’ve wanted in the past year for retail or less and only missed one on release day. It’s a different time.

Maybe so, but we have 2 examples right there of 9's not sitting. I'm not saying these will or won't, all I'm saying is we can't just throw out a blanket statement like "nobody wants 9's" and Get everybody's hopes up when we truly don't know.
Not gone hold you but 99% of the drops post-COVID have been easily attainable. I copped the Chile joints and it's not like they sold out instantly.

I certainly hope these are as easy as everyone is saying they'll be. I'm shooting for a double up. I've just seen way too much "nobody wants these. You'll be fine if you try within the first couple of hours" talk lately, only to see people striking out.

I think this is definitely a pair where we truly will not know what color they actually are until we have them in-hand. Everybody is filtering the hell outta these.
I expect Nike to overcorrect the previous release as usual. Expecting them to be more laser blue than powder. Probably in either way. Gonna off all my other 9s.

Back
Top Bottom