Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Do IXs break in pretty good? I’ve seen a lot of folks recommend going up half a size but is that necessary if they are worn a lot?

I know for sure the last retro of this colorway felt like a brick, it’s why I passed on them despite loving this colorway. I hope they’re better this time around.

e55a8c_c6dc4228583b4ad3b8a335ea35edfa2f.jpg_srz_p_535_535_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

8DACB6BC-AF01-4F0F-AFC7-0805C7FBF0A6.jpeg
Sad to say but this is making me wanna pass 🤔

New pics of these (not mine). Never liked how 9s feel on foot with the whole bootie thing, but these do look really good. Love how they’ve improved their shape.
8DACB6BC-AF01-4F0F-AFC7-0805C7FBF0A6.jpeg
9B7AC669-8E7C-4BEB-AF76-5BD18B934EEB.jpeg
E964905B-A774-4690-BC58-4E3E881838FF.jpeg
17126253-4233-49D8-86B0-C7998FA370C1.jpeg
got damn are these a size 20? ****s look hella long

Good enough for me. I’m past all the nitpicking at this point. I’m all for retros being as close to the originals as possible, and I wish Nike/JB would take better care in ensuring they are. But…they’re never going to. As long as I’ve been on NT it’s been the same conversation and nothing has changed. :lol: They don’t really care about the small percentage of sneaker buyers who obsess over all the minor details (NTers).

That said, I completely get folks passing b/c of small details being off. But I’m gonna enjoy them for what they are.

The biggest issue for me is the mudguard is too low. The OGs had that high mudguard, which gives the shoe a totally different look. That boot look. The lower mudguard really takes away from the overall aesthetic of the shoe and I can't unsee it. 😞

I like them and would cop but I have the last retro thats still in good condition that I barely wear... might cop if it goes on sale though

Good enough for me. I’m past all the nitpicking at this point. I’m all for retros being as close to the originals as possible, and I wish Nike/JB would take better care in ensuring they are. But…they’re never going to. As long as I’ve been on NT it’s been the same conversation and nothing has changed. :lol: They don’t really care about the small percentage of sneaker buyers who obsess over all the minor details (NTers).

That said, I completely get folks passing b/c of small details being off. But I’m gonna enjoy them for what they are.
I have to, nothing else I can do. We’ll be waiting for Elvis to come back before we get what we truly want.

The biggest issue for me is the mudguard is too low. The OGs had that high mudguard, which gives the shoe a totally different look. That boot look. The lower mudguard really takes away from the overall aesthetic of the shoe and I can't unsee it. 😞
The boot look of most of the past 15 years has been the worst part of the shoe though! You can even see it in the 2010’s and how they angle in tight around the tongue from both sides, and that awful steel toe.

These may not be anywhere near 1:1 but leagues better than almost 2 decades of awful 9’s

Fine line review

I wanted to like these a lot, all OG 9s are my favorite model but that shape was why I stopped buying them. There was no improvement, I said I was buying anyway but not for $210 I’m not. Oh well

Fine line review

I wanted to like these a lot, all OG 9s are my favorite model but that shape was why I stopped buying them. There was no improvement, I said I was buying anyway but not for $210 I’m not. Oh well
There was a fiasco a few years back where Unbreakablekicks was selling some fakes and his plug was this guy. Not sure how y'all still give these two views. Who is to say these aren't reps?

There was a fiasco a few years back where Unbreakablekicks was selling some fakes and his plug was this guy. Not sure how y'all still give these two views. Who is to say these aren't reps?
Could be but that mudguard is the same on SNKRS along with that banana shape. This isn’t a $210 shoe. I’ll wait for $150-160

I have to, nothing else I can do. We’ll be waiting for Elvis to come back before we get what we truly want.

Could be but that mudguard is the same on SNKRS along with that banana shape. This isn’t a $210 shoe. I’ll wait for $150-160

I certainly understand all sides of it. Anymore, when it comes to buying or passing on classics, I walk the line between how close a retro is to what I want and how much the shoe really matters to me. Something like the white/red XIIs or black/red IE lows, as just two relatively recent examples, I accept them for what they are because they mean something extra to me for various reasons.

I know if I don't buy this IX retro, I'm probably never going to have it because I'll be 200 years old by the next one, and there's no guarantee it will be any better, anyway. That's a consideration, but at the end of the day I just don't care enough about this one to accept the inaccuracies and still kinda goofy shape to drop $230 (after CA tax) on a pair (good point, Quiggles706 Quiggles706 ). I don't need to "just have it" bad enough to bother with it. Conversely, when they drop the OG white/black colorway again, I'll probably accept it because that one means more to me than this one does and my 2016s are pretty old at this point.

The boot look of most of the past 15 years has been the worst part of the shoe though! You can even see it in the 2010’s and how they angle in tight around the tongue from both sides, and that awful steel toe.

These may not be anywhere near 1:1 but leagues better than almost 2 decades of awful 9’s
i think the original 9 was supposed to look like a boot.

probably why we got the olives

i remember a few years before the 9 came out shoe companies were on the boot/hiker look wave

Back
Top Bottom