Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Yeaa I’m good on these I think! I love these too smh.. been watching videos and looking at pics .. once again the shape is messed up .. that mudguard on these are terrible

I certainly understand all sides of it. Anymore, when it comes to buying or passing on classics, I walk the line between how close a retro is to what I want and how much the shoe really matters to me. Something like the white/red XIIs or black/red IE lows, as just two relatively recent examples, I accept them for what they are because they mean something extra to me for various reasons.

I know if I don't buy this IX retro, I'm probably never going to have it because I'll be 200 years old by the next one, and there's no guarantee it will be any better, anyway. That's a consideration, but at the end of the day I just don't care enough about this one to accept the inaccuracies and still kinda goofy shape to drop $230 (after CA tax) on a pair (good point, Quiggles706 Quiggles706 ). I don't need to "just have it" bad enough to bother with it. Conversely, when they drop the OG white/black colorway again, I'll probably accept it because that one means more to me than this one does and my 2016s are pretty old at this point.
That’s exactly my thought process as well. I said earlier I was in on these but now I’m not so sure. It’s probably gonna be a game time decision.

Now if this were the Charcoals, I’d be in for sure as those are easily my favorite 9’s (white/blacks a close second). I had the OG charcoals in 94’ and absolutely loved them. I still have my 2010 and such a disappointing retro.

Yea. They just can’t get this model right for some reason I don’t get it. They fixed the 3’s and 11’s, 4’s aren’t perfect but have come a long ways, and those last playoff 8’s and 13’s were near spot on.

I certainly understand all sides of it. Anymore, when it comes to buying or passing on classics, I walk the line between how close a retro is to what I want and how much the shoe really matters to me. Something like the white/red XIIs or black/red IE lows, as just two relatively recent examples, I accept them for what they are because they mean something extra to me for various reasons.

I know if I don't buy this IX retro, I'm probably never going to have it because I'll be 200 years old by the next one, and there's no guarantee it will be any better, anyway. That's a consideration, but at the end of the day I just don't care enough about this one to accept the inaccuracies and still kinda goofy shape to drop $230 (after CA tax) on a pair (good point, Quiggles706 Quiggles706 ). I don't need to "just have it" bad enough to bother with it. Conversely, when they drop the OG white/black colorway again, I'll probably accept it because that one means more to me than this one does and my 2016s are pretty old at this point.
Agree with this, these are mostly meh to me. I'm holding out for the white black and charcoal colorway and will accept the shortcomings.

Just watched this vid and I'm guessing his viewers must've gotten on his axx because he corrected himself from his early look video and stated that these were in fact made when Jordan was in the league and had nothing to do with baseball. Cool... So a few moments later he states that Jordan never wore 9s on the court and the only time he wore 9s on feet is in the space jam movie. Except we all know that's a lie

michael-jordan-air-jordan-9-cool-grey.jpg

Literally all it took was a quick second Google search. This cat is the worst shoetuber and it's not close. End rant :smh:

They lowkey got nothing right on these joints, outside of having the jumpman facing the right way and the blue edges.

Sad cause I really wanted to like these joints
Lack of 23? The bottom 6th eyelets, the blue jumpman on outsole? I'm pissed about the mini jumpman to, but overall these are decent. They haven't got this shape right since it's original. So I'm not surprised. This shoe isn't priority to fix. It should be.

Can’t unsee the low mudguard compared to the OG now but JRepp23 JRepp23 is right. They’ve never gotten that detail quite right on the retros. Other than that I’m fine with these. Probably my favorite 9 cw. Definitely still grabbing a pair.
BIN 23 probably the best retro of the 9s but it still didn’t have the bottom plastic eyelet, next best one after that was Olives from 2002. That’s it, just 2 😂

Back
Top Bottom