Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Back height OG comparison

ix.jpg

Picture20.jpg

I got my pair in and they may not match the OGs but they’re pretty nice on foot. Definitely some changes made. I’d say the leather is comparable to the Chicago 2’s. Not amazing but not awful. QC was good on my pair and the midsole paint job is nice and clean. The view looking down is probably the most enhanced thing visually with the blue outline popping.

Worn them 4-5 hrs and they’re much better comfort wise than previous 9 retros. No pinky toe issue on this pair TTS. Overall big improvement from 2010 which is what I was looking for. They’re not perfect but I’m not waiting another 15 years for them to get it better. I’ll wear these a lot.
IMG_9697.jpeg

I got my pair in and they may not match the OGs but they’re pretty nice on foot. Definitely some changes made. I’d say the leather is comparable to the Chicago 2’s. Not amazing but not awful. QC was good on my pair and the midsole paint job is nice and clean. The view looking down is probably the most enhanced thing visually with the blue outline popping.

Worn them 4-5 hrs and they’re much better comfort wise than previous 9 retros. No pinky toe issue on this pair TTS. Overall big improvement from 2010 which is what I was looking for. They’re not perfect but I’m not waiting another 15 years for them to get it better. I’ll wear these a lot.
IMG_9697.jpeg
Might be back in, thanks for the review

Might be back in, thanks for the review
I’ll post some more detailed pics tomorrow and a comparison to my CDP Chicagos which are the only pair of 9’s I’m sitting on at the moment. There’s quite a few differences in shape though. This retro is taller and slimmer. It’s also not as bulky width wise. The leather upper uses thicker cuts and has a lot more give even if there’s a PU coating.

I’d compare to the University Blues but I sold them. Definitely weren’t as nice as these.

I’ll post some more detailed pics tomorrow and a comparison to my CDP Chicagos which are the only pair of 9’s I’m sitting on at the moment. There’s quite a few differences in shape though. This retro is taller and slimmer. It’s also not as bulky width wise. The leather upper uses thicker cuts and has a lot more give even if there’s a PU coating.

I’d compare to the University Blues but I sold them. Definitely weren’t as nice as these.
Thanks bro!

a youtube video makes you want to "double up" ? come on bruh

i hope all of you talking that double up nonsense get NO pairs. NONE. Not ONE.

hope them resellers see this bull **** and hold all them pairs hostage for a couple bucks and make yall hate nike even more🤣
Yes getting better in hand looks makes me want to double... Using your own logic, seeing pictures makes y'all wanna pass? Y'all be talking just to talk on here :lol:

IMG_9697.jpeg
Finally a pic that doesn’t wash out the shade of the upper. I still need them in hand before I decide but thanks for posting.

I understand not being able to use the exact same materials sometimes but I don’t get why this company can’t get the shape, profile and dimensions of the shoes correct. It shouldn’t be this hard. That back comparison up there, really there is no excuse.

ex
I understand not being able to use the exact same materials sometimes but I don’t get why this company can’t get the shape, profile and dimensions of the shoes correct. It shouldn’t be this hard. That back comparison up there, really there is no excuse.
To me it’s just the trolling. The thicker toe J’s (the 12, or the 9) they flatten the thing like a pancake over and over. Then the sleek, slim toes (2, 3, etc) they make into workboot toes. You can’t tell me this isn’t on purpose anymore.

These are their OWN SHOES. On their 3rd or 4th versions at times.

Back height OG comparison

ix.jpg

Picture20.jpg

I really wanted to like these. Way too many flaws. All they really did was add the blue line and flip the tiny jumpman around.

IMG_8669.gif

ex

To me it’s just the trolling. The thicker toe J’s (the 12, or the 9) they flatten the thing like a pancake over and over. Then the sleek, slim toes (2, 3, etc) they make into workboot toes. You can’t tell me this isn’t on purpose anymore.

These are their OWN SHOES. On their 3rd or 4th versions at times.

If I had any lingering FOMO on these, it’s gone. I’m done dropping $230 on facsimiles of the shoes I like when they’re already outliers on my wish list and not among the all-time greats—and I’ve passed on previous retros even of those all-time greats and my favorites when the retro was total crap.
There’s no reason for this other than laziness on Nike’s/JB’s side.
I can live with some stuff on certain models and colorways, as I said the other day. It sucks enough on those, but on these shoes that aren’t “tier 1 must-haves,” I’m just done wasting the money. I have better things to do.

If I had any lingering FOMO on these, it’s gone. I’m done dropping $230 on facsimiles of the shoes I like when they’re already outliers on my wish list and not among the all-time greats—and I’ve passed on previous retros even of those all-time greats and my favorites when the retro was total crap.
There’s no reason for this other than laziness on Nike’s/JB’s side.
I can live with some stuff on certain models and colorways, as I said the other day. It sucks enough on those, but on these shoes that aren’t “tier 1 must-haves,” I’m just done wasting the money. I have better things to do.
Welp, see you in 2040 to do this all over again.

1710602852828.gif

Back
Top Bottom