Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Alright, I'm curious about this line here. Are you saying you don't wear jerseys at all, or that there's something weird about wearing a jersey with Jordans? :lol:
I just moved and realized I hadn’t pulled any of the 15+ jerseys in my closet out in years. I think the last time I wore one was to the beach so probably not with J’s, but I was pointing out there’s plenty of dudes whose style isn’t what I’d think to wear and that’s fine. I don’t need to hate on it. Turns out most of the world doesn’t think twice about dudes in shorts and sneakers one way or another.

How about just leaving the guy alone for wearing unc shorts with powder blue 9’s? There’s an entire thread dedicated to jersey pickups and I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a jersey with J’s today. I also don’t gaf what any of you 40+ yo dudes wear or don’t wear or take a pic of.
You only care about what 20+ or 30+ year old dudes think? Or you care about the teenyboppers? Let us know. Also, u "wouldn't be caught dead wearing jerseys with Js today"? Interesting. What, is that out of style? No, it's timeless. This why I don't follow trends. I just wear what I like, regardless. Idgaf about what a random "influencer" says is "in" now.

I just moved and realized I hadn’t pulled any of the 15+ jerseys in my closet out in years. I think the last time I wore one was to the beach so probably not with J’s, but I was pointing out there’s plenty of dudes whose style isn’t what I’d think to wear and that’s fine. I don’t need to hate on it. Turns out most of the world doesn’t think twice about dudes in shorts and sneakers one way or another.

Ahhhh, OK. That was what I was hoping you meant and that makes all the sense in the world. Somebody in a thread awhile back straight up said wearing a X Jordan with X Mitchell and Ness piece was corny, and I've been trying to wrap my head around it ever since. Like were they supposed to wear some shell toes with the Jordan piece or something? That would make it less corny? :lol:

You only care about what 20+ or 30+ year old dudes think? Or you care about the teenyboppers? Let us know. Also, u "wouldn't be caught dead wearing jerseys with Js today"? Interesting. What, is that out of style? No, it's timeless. This why I don't follow trends. I just wear what I like, regardless. Idgaf about what a random "influencer" says is "in" now.
This x 1000. I wear and listen to what I like. Couldn’t care less what today’s generation gatekeepers say is acceptable or not in terms of music or fashion, and most of it is trash in my eyes anyways.

I don’t care what anyone wears. I probably don’t fit in here because of it. The world doesn’t care what 40 year old men wear. Dress for yourself because another man’s opinion doesn’t matter. Which is why a pic of some shorts and shoes MJ wore shouldn’t be a point of ridicule around here.

Damn guess I should drop the UNC shorts I was about to order

Who got the lead on a proper pair of shorts to wear with these?

/s
I know you’re joking but for the sake of stoking the fire
IMG_0417.png

I don’t care what anyone wears. I probably don’t fit in here because of it. The world doesn’t care what 40 year old men wear. Dress for yourself because another man’s opinion doesn’t matter. Which is why a pic of some shorts and shoes MJ wore shouldn’t be a point of ridicule around here.

In reality, most of the world doesn’t give a F what ANYONE wears and sit around talking about it once you find yourself out of high school/college. Unless you’re showing up at work violating the dress code :lol:
I still don’t agree that wearing these IXs with Carolina gear is a “flagrant” fashion violation, and it seems like there’s maybe a whole two people in here that do. Cool.
Hopefully we can move on LOL

Last edited:
I think about how much I wanted these back in 94, I would have worn a purple silk shirt with these and have been proud as hell. None of us cared about matching up back then. I know its different now.

I went back a couple pages reading this exchange thinking my dawg queese23 queese23 did something despicable and mannn them shorts and 9’s is fine. :lol:

A tad shade different but even the matchy matchy look back in the day didnt match shades/tones 100%.

These are a really nice retro btw. I was never a huge 9 fan but if I had to have a pair it would probably be this or CG’s.

I think about how much I wanted these back in 94, I would have worn a purple silk shirt with these and have been proud as hell. None of us cared about matching up back then. I know its different now.

Yep. We had been begging for a Carolina Jordan and finally got one. I wore them with every piece of UNC gear I had. Didn't matter if that gear had navy in it that clashed with the black on the shoes. Not a single soul was saying these were anything except Carolina Blue.

Wasn’t 1994 still in the cross-colors era? 🤔

You would’ve been fine :lol:

I went back a couple pages reading this exchange thinking my dawg queese23 queese23 did something despicable and mannn them shorts and 9’s is fine. :lol:

A tad shade different but even the matchy matchy look back in the day didnt match shades/tones 100%.

These are a really nice retro btw. I was never a huge 9 fan but if I had to have a pair it would probably be this or CG’s.
Thanks brotha! U know it’s damn weirdo’s on here

All do respect those shorts with the 9s is butthole. People are allowed to have that opinion.
I respect your opinion brotha. That wasn’t the issue though .. so I respect your opinion but it’s clears you don’t know what’s going on . He said the shorts didn’t match and I told him I know that , this isn’t Carolina blue . It’s called powder blue 9’s and I also told him Jordan had these on with the Carolina uniform too and nobody cares if they match or not .but thanks for your opinion

The whole back and forth is wild lol. The shorts and the shoes independent of each other are dope. Together it’s too much for most people. But literally nobody’s opinion on here matters so the last few pages were just a bunch of lulz 😂

Back
Top Bottom