[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Those were the pre-release pairs, and he put a stop to that. Some did make it to market, but the vast majority of men's sizes never had the toe cap, and subsequent colorways didn't get that treatment at all.

Wrong...What Firepower said is correct...The original Steel Grey X's only ever had the toe cap...Never had a plain toe for the original's...

Have to keep in mind that MJ never had any input on the design of the X's...Mike's retirement, combined with the abysmal sales figures for the initial "retro" run all indicated that the "Jordan" label was no longer going to be lucrative for Nike...Tinker was advised to let the line die and move on to other things...He designed the X simply as a tribute shoe...

Remember the original Steel Gray X's started hitting stores in November 94', a full 4 months before MJ even started playing Basketball again, and who knows how long before MJ started letting everybody know that he was coming back...The production run of the Steel Gray's were already finished and shipped to retailers by that point...They were able to stop the production run for the Shadow X's, which were the second color way to be released, and the toe cap was subsequently removed on this and all future color ways...
Repped for dropping knowledge.

I have notice that white jordan haven't been selling that well lately so I think we have a good chance to get these.

I don't think these will be hard to get even in today's market.

Am I the only one that thinks the X's only look good with a black midsole?

I like these, but these would look better with a toe cap IMO. I always thought X's were only really wearable with shorts and sweats.

I'm not getting anything wrong at all. If you don't think there were released pairs of OG Steel X without the toecap, you're simply wrong. A quick google search confirms dozens of photos of OG Steel X without the toecap as well. They did release without the toecap, though no GS sizes ever released without it.

I may have to eat crow on this and retract my previous statement, as it would appear some of these photos that turrrrble sneaker sites are using for the OG's are actually 2005 pairs. I could swear that there were two runs of the Steel X's though, as my coach had the same pair as I did in men's sizes but without the toe cap.

Anyway, doesn't really matter, these are a must cop for me (even with the 2005's in my closet). :smokin
:lol:

GS
air-jordan-10-gs-steel.jpg

air-jordan-10-gs-steel-3-570x570.jpg

air-jordan-10-gs-steel-2-570x570.jpg

Wish they would drop w/ the Toe Cap, or at the very least, the Carolina Blue Jumpman & Insole, but that's wishing too much from JB to stay authentic.

The 05 Retros actually threw me off b/c I thought they looked weird w/o the Cap & I knew I wasn't tripping.

Still Copped though... never had any X's and have been wanting these BAD since the 4th Grade! These & The Glove's back to back are going make my pockets chill until the Taxi XII or an unexpected inline Kobe 8.

When I first copped these years ago I wasn't into collecting and keeping my J's clean but I gotta have these again for the third time and make sure I don't go paint a house wearing them...smh

Never really put much thought into it, but after looking at the pics above, the toe cap makes a huge difference.

the shorts came in for the steels at my FNL

this is definitely a big number GR alot of big chains get their first shipments next week for them 

this is definitely a big number GR alot of big chains get their first shipments next week for them 

Are the shorts on NDC aswell

Just trying to get a look at them

Last edited:

Figured, this will be another get there a little before release pick up. My first concern will be the Kobe's.

I feel like these GR releases have been easier to cop recently. Idk why but I feel like there has been a lot less hassle trying to cop these GRs. Hopefully I don't strike out on these too :D

Wore my Chicago's the other day, in anticipation for these. Hadn't worn them in over a year.

Half size up, they're really comfortable to me. They're one of the few retros I could see myself playing in.

Definitely going to get these now.

Back
Top Bottom