Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I couldn't agree more as far as the quality and what we actually get compared to what we are paying for these shoes also considering what it costs them to make. I mean look at the Jordan 1's.

The Hyper Royal's are a perfect example. A colorway no one wanted but I get a pair in hand and was blown away by the quality and how soft they are. Then I get a pair of the Obsidian's ( a colorway most wanted ) and while mine were decent, the upper was nowhere near the Hyper Royal's. Not sure why the quality varies so much on Jordan 1's.

Funny you mention the 6's in 3rd grade. The Maroon & White was my very 1st pair back in 6th grade and I was lucky to get them considering my parents didn't make the type of money to afford me luxuries like that. So for me to get a pair was a feeling I'll never forget. It truly felt special and I couldn't wait to rock them. That's probably why I buy as many shoes as I do now. My fiancé thinks it's funny but has never once given me a hard time no matter how many I've purchased in the past. She's definitely a keeper.
Hell yeah dude I have a keeper for a wife also. She knows how much I love Jordans by the enthusiasm I have when I talk about the models I love. She sat down and watched the Abstract: Tinker Hatfield on Netflix with me yesterday lol I had to lock our door so the kids wouldn’t distract us. She does give me **** sometimes when I spend too much but I completely understand. Hell I don’t like how much I spend sometimes. But she never yells or gets an attitude and that’s why I married her. That and I love to **** her and she’s my best friend lol

555EFB3B-3C11-4C26-9A91-524B022F4780.jpeg

Got this when I woke up this morning...should I be expecting an L? Ordered around 4pm pacific on release day. They did charged my account that same tho even the email states they haven’t. I know Ive asked this question before but after seeing this email...pretty much tells me to get ready for an L
eastbay did that to me for some pro leathers. same exact emails. strung me along for two weeks. charge is still not refunded.

eastbay did that to me for some pro leathers. same exact emails. strung me along for two weeks. charge is still not refunded.
Yeah I have a few of these emails. Either push the sale through and ship my shoes or cancel it and the charge to my account. Ridiculous. This is one reason I prefer to buy at brick and mortar. That and I like to look at the shoes I’m going to buy and inspect for defects.

I got that same email this morning
My order history still says in process but there’s a shipping label created on my ups my choice
It says order processed in transit to ups
You should be good to go. My orders from footlocker for the 5's and a pair of J1 lows stayed that way for 2 days before shipping out but were in fact picked up, scanned in and are now making their way to me.

I'm just going to call my bank and reverse the charge if FTL tries to charge me for a canceled order. They can kiss my *** if they think I'm going to let them charge my card for a canceled order that I ordered BEFORE 10:20 on launch day. I was in and out of SNKRS in 5 minutes and went straight to FTL that morning. :smh:

Hell yeah dude I have a keeper for a wife also. She knows how much I love Jordans by the enthusiasm I have when I talk about the models I love. She sat down and watched the Abstract: Tinker Hatfield on Netflix with me yesterday lol I had to lock our door so the kids wouldn’t distract us. She does give me **** sometimes when I spend too much but I completely understand. Hell I don’t like how much I spend sometimes. But she never yells or gets an attitude and that’s why I married her. That and I love to **** her and she’s my best friend lol
That's good to hear man, especially considering like you said, how much we spend (on this hobby of ours). I had no idea that documentary was on Netflix ! I'm going to have to check that out tonight because he's legendary and responsible for pretty much every shoe we discuss here that carries the Jordan logo. Thanks for the heads up and glad to hear you found a good one to share your life with.

That's good to hear man, especially considering like you said, how much we spend (on this hobby of ours). I had no idea that documentary was on Netflix ! I'm going to have to check that out tonight because he's legendary and responsible for pretty much every shoe we discuss here that carries the Jordan logo. Thanks for the heads up and glad to hear you found a good one to share your life with.
Thanks bro! Yeah I totally agree about Tinker. I stumbled on the fact that there was a little documentary of him on Netflix when I was searching for a shirt with Tinker on it and finally found one and ordered it and the zip up hoodie of it. I will share it here once I get it. It’s a nice artwork of him and some of his shoes that you can buy said artwork on a print, shirt, and all kinds of ****. I was going to place a big order but read some bad reviews of the site so I used a cc to make a small order and we will see what happens. If I get screwed I will call the cc company and reverse the charge. Hell I might make my own shirts if that happens LOL

My pair came in just now, this my least favorite of the 5s and I got them just to have it in my OG/Nike air collection......but is it me or do the toe box on these look flat and wide
image.jpg

Didn’t expect to get my shoe palace pair in this early; damaged box and all smh. I guess the extra $10 they charge for shipping gets you faster delivery than snkrs with their “limited” stock. They can suck it lol. Anyways here they are
B268E1D3-B0AB-4A2A-B1B5-4683F0441340.jpeg

D1D21FCA-FFB6-44A8-93DD-82815A021E9E.jpeg

My pair came in just now, this my least favorite of the 5s and I got them just to have it in my OG/Nike air collection......but is it me or do the toe box on these look flat and wide
image.jpg
Yeah the toebox does look a little different. Here are the new 5's vs the 2013 black tongue's. You can clearly see a difference with the end cap or toe rand or whatever it's called.

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

Didn’t expect to get my shoe palace pair in this early; damaged box and all smh. I guess the extra $10 they charge for shipping gets you faster delivery than snkrs with their “limited” stock. They can suck it lol. Anyways here they are

WTF man ?!? did they ship it in a bag or did they double box ?

I don’t like the smaller toe cap flat look
Yeah I personally prefer the 2013 toebox to be honest I do like the newer 5's as well and don't mind it that much. I'm more happy with the quality than anything else considering we pay a premium and don't always get the quality we hope for or deserve. I just don't understand why the quality on the uppers vary so much model to model. I was mentioning earlier about how the Hyper Royal 1's are really nice and super soft and that was a pair that no one seemed to want. They drop the obsidians which was a colorway that a ton seemed to want as they sold out in about 10 minutes and the quality on my pair wasn't nearly as good as the hyper royals.

I was pretty happy with the UNC 3's I got for retail as the quality seemed to be excellent and that colorway is super clean ! the DMP's, same deal. Great quality and the colorway is great and now these 5's. Great quality and super clean colorway. Jordan brand on a roll with their choices on materials with those 3.

Yeah the toebox does look a little different. Here are the new 5's vs the 2013 black tongue's. You can clearly see a difference with the end cap or toe rand or whatever it's called.

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

damn i hope my 2020 pair doesnt look like yours,,the black tongue is more OG

return it

thanks for the netflix and chill recommendation...gonna have to watch that while getting the toppy :tongue: LOLLLLLLL jk...maybe...all my pairs coming in the next 2 days i cant wait to get them. everybody pairs looks pretty consistent and clean 👍

I know it’s already been said on here but these do run big. I could’ve went a half size down and been cool but I’m not complaining at all still comfy and I will get my wears out of these. This is miles better than the 2013 release and I appreciate that because I ended up selling my 2013s off with the quickness. That hard *** leather on them and the grapes from that year wasn’t it.

I bet this is the last place you'd think you would find a pair of fire red Vs? lol

I had the original single and tripped out when I saw the DJ wearing Vs. He wore them in the video too. I know the black metallics were everywhere back then too.

image.jpg
**** that looks bad. If mine look like that I’m getting rid of em

Back
Top Bottom