Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Most definitely doubling up on both these and the flints. After copping the fresh prince nrg and modifying it with laces. The 5s have easily won my heart. Copped the metallics right after and I am just so impressed with the silhouette.

Interesting to see these conflicting memories of how Jordans released. Maybe it depended on the area or certain stores. In metro Detroit where I lived all through HS, I specifically remember for the V and VI release, we all waited for the commercial during All-Star weekend, and then they released the following week or the week after. I know because I would call my go-to Footlocker and they would tell me the day, and it was not on actual All-Star weekend. In terms of colorways for the VI, for example, I specifically remember in my area that the black/red released first. I know this because I wanted the white/red, but I also wanted to have the new Jordan asap, so I took the only colorway on shelves in my area, and that was the black/red. Like I said, interesting.

I never got my shoes from FTL. There was a mom & pop shop in Lansdale PA that sold SERIOUS heat! Everything! Jordans, Agassi, Bo, Flights, Trainer 1s, Pumps, Air Max, Huarache! You name it! And on top, released early by at least a week and discounted! Every pair by $10-30 off retail every day. I passed up Lava ATC IIs at $89 for a pair of black/cement 4s at $99 for 7th grade school in '89 (mom offered to get the Jordans as they were only $10 more). Man do I miss that store! Just the smell of brand new sneakers when you walked in! Those were the days!

I never got my shoes from FTL. There was a mom & pop shop in Lansdale PA that sold SERIOUS heat! Everything! Jordans, Agassi, Bo, Flights, Trainer 1s, Pumps, Air Max, Huarache! You name it! And on top, released early by at least a week and discounted! Every pair by $10-30 off retail every day. I passed up Lava ATC IIs at $89 for a pair of black/cement 4s at $99 for 7th grade school in '89 (mom offered to get the Jordans as they were only $10 more). Man do I miss that store! Just the smell of brand new sneakers when you walked in! Those were the days!
Yeah man, it's wild how different everything is now. I was always calling Footlocker and even Nike's 800 number if I wanted to know when something was coming out. Or you'd just go to the mall and hope there was something new and cool on the shelves :lol:

Yeah man, it's wild how different everything is now. I was always calling Footlocker and even Nike's 800 number if I wanted to know when something was coming out. Or you'd just go to the mall and hope there was something new and cool on the shelves :lol:
They use to put what was coming out in a little glass case by the register

Sometimes they would even let me see the list of what they were getting

Man the good ol days

Official pics dropping soon I hope? Basically a month to go.

Need to see how the leather looks, and the official toebox too.

probably coppin either way, but this could be a disappointing drop. Did not care for the recent metallic Vs, and skipped em with no regrets

Can't lie, these don't look good. My favorite 5s and I was looking forward to these but if they're really gonna release looking like a 06 retro then I'm gonna skip. I still have my 2000 for the look and CDP if I wanna wear a bad retro.
I'm on the fence about these. Like you I still have my CDP which I only had to re-glue the soles and clear them up.

If these are flying under people's radars that's great. As long as those that truly want these get theirs, that's all that matters. I personally intend to double up on these. Can't go wrong with an OG like the Fire Reds.

Possible shock drop today? People only care about 5s if theyre off white but I cant rock to get these.

They use to put what was coming out in a little glass case by the register

Sometimes they would even let me see the list of what they were getting

Man the good ol days
Yea I remember FTL put the Black/Metralic silver 5s in a glass box outside the window before they were released in March 2000. I remember coming from a Knick game and walked by the footlocker on 34th which is now HOH. When i saw them my mouth dropped and asked my Mom for them. She said no I just bought you Knicks tickets.

Yea I remember FTL put the Black/Metralic silver 5s in a glass box outside the window before they were released in March 2000. I remember coming from a Knick game and walked by the footlocker on 34th which is now HOH. When i saw them my mouth dropped and asked my Mom for them. She said no I just bought you Knicks tickets.

You were like, "Eff The Knicks!"

yall think it will be possible to get rid of the shine on the leather if the official pair have it or thats a dub ? Probably the only thing I’m willing to alter

yall think it will be possible to get rid of the shine on the leather if the official pair have it or thats a dub ? Probably the only thing I’m willing to alter

Were you able to remove the shine from the 2011 WC/BC 3's?
...I remember how shiny those were.

Pretty sure there's a way

Some of these dudes were taking all the patent off those fear 1's

Back
Top Bottom