Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I was thinking the same. I will be glued to my phone at 9 tonight. Hopefully, another shock drop with something good this Sunday.

Welp finally got some kind of response from Nike lol 534CA2BE-9592-42E2-8017-A3378FBBB3EC.png

GOAT could learn something from Nike. I ordered 2 Nike By You customs.....FROM CHINA.......(let that land on you) and I received them before my GOAT order. Still waiting to hear from GOAT.

Theres a part of me that's just like, "yo, they'll come when they come, and it's not like you're really going to wear them this summer." I mean let's be real, we're not wearing any heat this summer as this quarantine is most likely going to last until fall/winter. However, my fear is that I'll get a cancellation email after the official release and then I'm stuck.

Finally I got tracking from snkrs this morning no movement but at least I got tracking. Probably get em wed hopefully

For two bills they should get the tongue right. This shiny reflective material is silly. The cool thing about the old 3M was that it didn't look like anything and then BOOM. Why can't Nike reproduce that? I bought the Metallics and then sold them for the same reason (the Nike Air with the big I didn't help either). I'm gonna pass. More for you youngins...

For two bills they should get the tongue right. This shiny reflective material is silly. The cool thing about the old 3M was that it didn't look like anything and then BOOM. Why can't Nike reproduce that? I bought the Metallics and then sold them for the same reason (the Nike Air with the big I didn't help either). I'm gonna pass. More for you youngins...
The old tongues with the softer material were definitely doper, was hoping for those as well. With that said these are a major upgrade from the last couple of releases, I’ll take em.

The old tongues with the softer material were definitely doper, was hoping for those as well. With that said these are a major upgrade from the last couple of releases, I’ll take em.

Maybe they don't have access to the same materials, or maybe the new ones have that compromise but don't crack...or maybe they're saving money not developing it again. Either way, I had the BM5s in '90, and the latest retro was great. Perfect, no; but awesome, and without a direct side-by-side comparison they really don't look very shiny at a glance. They're never going to be perfect reproductions. And my OGs developed large holes in the inside heels; new retros don't (or maybe I just don't wear them like I used to ;-).

No point in the shock drop purchase now. You just spent $200 a week earlier for no reason.
Yep, gonna give Nike a call this upcoming week.

I get the virus is slowing down logistics, but TERRIBLE marketing to still do the shock drop early access roll out knowing you cant get the amount of pairs you sold in peoples hand before you do the actual drop.

They should have just waited until the release day

No point in a shock drop? Lol what? YOU SECURED THE SHOES. Isn’t that the whole point? :lol:
I mean you will definitely be able to get them come May 2nd, massive GR

Yep, gonna give Nike a call this upcoming week.

I get the virus is slowing down logistics, but TERRIBLE marketing to still do the shock drop early access roll out knowing you cant get the amount of pairs you sold in peoples hand before you do the actual drop.

They should have just waited until the release day

At the end of the day, at least you’re guaranteed the shoe if you hit. Also, during this quarantine, are you really going to be flossing them? Trust me, I feel you. Wanting them early in hand is tops and GOAT screewwwwwed me. However, realistically, you’re probably wouldn’t be going outside with them for long periods of time this year.

Right now we’re all just stockpiling for next year.

Back
Top Bottom