Air Jordan V White Midnight Navy Red: Two Types of Tongue?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

this attention to detail is getting out of hand 
roll.gif
True....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
what next ? How many stitching on the logo.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you got the flat jumpman pair in the bottom picture I wouldn't worry. The shoe in the top picture is the one that looks suspicious. Aside from the jumpman, the top of the tongue doesn't appear to have the nice smooth & high rounded edge of the tongue that you see in the bottom picture. It's hard to say 100% from one picture but it seems like a shorter tongue cut straight across on the top pic.

I think in the future it might get down to counting thread stitching! I was watching an episode of pawn stars, some dude was trying to sell them a Harry Houdini straight jacket. Some expert came in and said the jacket was only real if had the correct amount of stitches and buttons. He counted them all and showed a picture of an authentic and confirmed the jacket was real.

just hope these guys aren't confirming if your shoes are real

Originally Posted by kobejames21

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

this attention to detail is getting out of hand 
roll.gif
True....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
what next ? How many stitching on the logo.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my jumpman is 140 thread count... idk about yours...

That's one reason why I didn't like the 2011 Metallics, because the stitching and tongue felt so cheap.. I think the flat stitching is normal now.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

That's one reason why I didn't like the 2011 Metallics, because the stitching and tongue felt so cheap.. I think the flat stitching is normal now.

Yea, he's right.  I checked all the Metallic 2011's against the Midnight Navys my friends in San Francisco got, and they all got the FLAT stitching.  Maybe JB is trying to save on thread now too.  It looks ok on the tongue, but damn, even the BACK jumpman on the hell is flat now, and THAT looks cheap.

Back
Top Bottom