Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

If you guys thought the stock estimate earlier was bad, this estimate is even worse.

Definitely a case of Nike limiting production to increase FOMO/hype. Sucks because OG colorways should be for the masses.

I ended up buying from Packers last night, free shipping and no tax 🥳 (they drop their stock 9pm pst the day before sometimes and did so last night)

Attachments

• 29c1996d-c31b-4984-8d4d-41c017f8fb3b.png
    29c1996d-c31b-4984-8d4d-41c017f8fb3b.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 372
I thought Gentry got pushed out again? What is this trash release? It's easy to see why Nike doesn't have a customer service email. The sneakers app is a complete pointless joke.

For that matter so is ****'s new system. Used to be straightforward and could score there, now pointless like sneakers. Downloaded the app...and deleted lol.

It's sad that we're 38 years into the sneakers game and 25 years into the internet being a major thing and Nike still can't figure out a way to get its shoes to those who actually love them. Nope, just always more hoops to jump through to even get an attempt. Pretty stupid marketing.

Does finishline limit on the status rewards? I’ve got plenty and points to burn, I just don’t wanna buy them and get to check out “oh sorry sir you can’t use status rewards on retro releases”

Sheesh these things sold out quick. So much for getting  both pairs for under retail. I'm guessing Nike had PTSD flashbacks of black Friday in 2015 when the Aquas sat forever and decided to make these limited so they'd sell out. A shame really. These should have been a mass GR so that everyone who truly wanted a pair could get them with ease, and every reseller, add to cart service using loser that wanted to buy en masse for resell purposes* would be forced to choke and take the L after realizing there's no real aftermarket value.

Last edited:
Sheesh these things sold out quick. So much for getting  both pairs for under retail. I'm guessing Nike had PTSD flashbacks of black Friday in 2015 when the Aquas sat forever and decided to make these limited so they'd sell out. A shame really. These should have been a mass GR so that everyone who truly wanted a pair could get them with ease, and every reseller, add to cart service using loser that wanted to buy en masse resell would be forced to choke and take the L after realizing there's no real aftermarket value.

Nike also did a shock drop and a exclusive access, so less stock for the real drop

Nike also did a shock drop and a exclusive access, so less stock for the real drop
That's true, but I feel like 23.8K pairs on release day is pretty slim. Like I said earlier in his thread, that's just a several thousand pair difference in production numbers between these and the High '85 Neutral Grey's from a couple years ago, which had 23K pairs produced. I'm just guessing but, including the shock drop and exclusive access, the total pairs produced of these Playoffs [for the US] had to have been like 32K or somewhere around there because if they'd made these in true GR numbers (like 75K or more) they wouldn't have sold out nearly as quickly, even with the shock drop and early access. Regardless though, hopefully there will be restocks for those that missed out today.

Last edited:
Pretty shocked I got my *** owned this morning. I thought these would sit at least all day and here I am the ****ing loser who missed shock drop, EA and the release and won’t be getting this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom