Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Why I would be upset about other people crying about not getting them? I got them with ease and didn’t even want them fr. I pointed out their entitlement and enlightened them.
I paid about 30 over retail last night to get mine. They should be here in two or so weeks. I was not going without these. I dont think the word entitlement is the go here, especially when you hit the buy the very second its possible to do so and pend for 3 minutes only to "didnt get them". At 10:05. Thats pretty frustrating. I believe also that if you want it bad enough, you will get it. It may have been easy for you, and thats great. Its to bad you really dont want em because there are a lot on here that do.
Maybe it is entitlement. But if I put myself in the best position to purchase something as soon as its possible, I should get a chance to buy. Especially a non hyped release "GR" like this was appearing to be, based on the history of this year alone. Lesson learned though.

I paid about 30 over retail last night to get mine. They should be here in two or so weeks. I was not going without these. I dont think the word entitlement is the go here, especially when you hit the buy the very second its possible to do so and pend for 3 minutes only to "didnt get them". At 10:05. Thats pretty frustrating. I believe also that if you want it bad enough, you will get it. It may have been easy for you, and thats great. Its to bad you really dont want em because there are a lot on here that do.
Maybe it is entitlement. But if I put myself in the best position to purchase something as soon as its possible, I should get a chance to buy. Especially a non hyped release "GR" like this was appearing to be, based on the history of this year alone. Lesson learned though.
It’s 100% entitlement. Nike doesn’t owe any of us anything. It’s all business regardless of if you’re buying your 500th pair or very 1st pair. There’s no such thing as “I Should” get this or that. That’s the entitlement part. And yea it may have costed you a little more but you still got what you wanted. That’s what you do for things you really want when plan A. doesn’t work out. I’d do the same. At the end of the day it’s just shoes. It’s just business. If you don’t like the way a business operates then stop spending your money with them. Problem solved.

I think Jordan Brand is trying the FOMO method to get customers more comfortable with paying the $210 price point. In this case with the Playoff 8s, people want what they can’t have. The people who did buy on release date and wear theirs right away will make those who didn’t get cop more enticed to cop on a future restock or paying resell. They’re preparing themselves in the long run to make every Jordan $250 retail and will try to justify it by blaming the cost increase on inflation. I remember when people were complaining about the price increase in the 11s a few years ago and after backlash, they kept the price the same for that year’s release only to subtly increase the price still. The best thing for consumers to do if they missed out on retail is to stop paying resell and wait a little while for the price to drop after people get their pairs in and get tired of said release, eventually moving onto the next release.

I think where I’m at after today is that if JB wants to drop 3 OG CWs a year and make each one a limited pain while releasing more shoes than ever… that’s not the kind of company I need to give time and effort to give them money. I think if they continue that it will financially slaughter them by the end of the decade but that’s a choice I can’t control. Only how I spend my dollars.
Were either of the two “shock” drops (early access included) shocking though? Anybody following the right accounts knew the day prior the exact time they were dropping. Pretty sure white/red XII’s will follow the same route in a few weeks.
Wasnt shocking but some of us have jobs where we can’t be ordering sneakers all day. My 11am meeting ain’t waiting for me to present. “Yeah gimme a minute so I can plug in my shock drop order!”

It’s 100% entitlement. Nike doesn’t owe any of us anything. It’s all business regardless of if you’re buying your 500th pair or very 1st pair. There’s no such thing as “I Should” get this or that. That’s the entitlement part. And yea it may have costed you a little more but you still got what you wanted. That’s what you do for things you really want when plan A. doesn’t work out. I’d do the same. At the end of the day it’s just shoes. It’s just business. If you don’t like the way a business operates then stop spending your money with them. Problem solved.

Do you work for Nike?

This is some of the most generic drivel I have ever read in my life.

Haven't been coppin J's like that this year. BUT THESE!? HAD TO! AN ESSENTIAL!

Just finished adding contrast lines.
PXL_20231001_152431774~2.jpg

If anyone plans on customizing: Prismacolor Graphite Pencil 30% Cool Grey for that natural look.

If anyone plans on customizing: Prismacolor Graphite Pencil 30% Cool Grey for that natural look.

nice

wouldn’t a fabric marker have a longer lasting effect?

or did you seal it some sort of way?

nice

wouldn’t a fabric marker have a longer lasting effect?

or did you seal it some sort of way?

Honestly the prismacolor lines tends to stay if you aren't actively trying to get the marks off. Did the same thing to my Black Cement 4s in 2020 and the marks are still there. But I don't clean my shoes like that and use suede brushes and erasers if I do clean them.

Finally got around to taking a few more photos of these. Sadly I don't have any colored pencils lying around so that I can add the contrasting edges. I'm hoping resell prices dip a decent amount when people start getting their pairs in hand, so I can scoop up a second pair. Until then, these will be sitting unlaced for a while.
20231001_144100.jpg

20231001_144526.jpg
20231001_144745.jpg
20231001_154506.jpg

Got my pair off livestock. 201 shipped with the conversion. Still 8-9 left.

I ain’t even gon lie, that contrast does look good. I definitely need a second pair of these. Maybe even a third because I definitely plan on wearing the $&@“ out of these lol, and it’s the first retro with the tab the correct color.

Back
Top Bottom