Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

copping the playoffs had me feening for another pair of aquas. I ended hunting a decently used pair I ended up deep cleaning and restoring. I plan on wearing these to the ground.

They really nailed the shape of the 2015 retro, that round tapered ankle is a beauty.
IMG_0454.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0449.jpeg
2015 Aquas might be the closest we ever got to a 1:1 retro, besides 99’ 4’s. As far as I can tell the only thing off was the back pull tab length which is a smaller loop, and I think the grey on the heel was just ever so slightly darker on the OG. But close as well ever get.

2015 Aquas might be the closest we ever got to a 1:1 retro, besides 99’ 4’s. As far as I can tell the only thing off was the back pull tab length which is a smaller loop, and I think the grey on the heel was just ever so slightly darker on the OG. But close as well ever get.
they definitely weren't playing around w/ these during the remaster phase. Might've been one of the best executed retros. Imagine if we had all 3 OG colorways :wow: with this execution

Does Footlocker or FinishLine ever restock in the malls for releases like this or am I wasting my time going in person?
I’ve heard rumors that FTLs didn’t get all of their stock and that more pairs are coming. FTLs do often get restocks of releases like these but then the resellers immediately come into play. I don’t know about ya’ll but I’ve seen some employees do shady business to help resellers eat and often I’ve seen situations where the resellers are alerted and pairs are held specifically for them to cop.

I’ve heard rumors that FTLs didn’t get all of their stock and that more pairs are coming. FTLs do often get restocks of releases like these but then the resellers immediately come into play. I don’t know about ya’ll but I’ve seen some employees do shady business to help resellers eat and often I’ve seen situations where the resellers are alerted and pairs are held specifically for them to cop.
Well the problem with restocks is the amount in each size is a joke so they're pretty much gone instantly especially online.

i did a mall trip over the weekend & everywhere was sold out, one store however did say what size i needed when i asked then said they didnt have it:lol:

more chances to come, nike not playing around w early drops & EA to cut stock down come rd

I'm pretty sure most of the stock for these went into the shock drop and early access. The rest, which was like 28K pairs on SNKRS I believe, was for the official release date. All the restocks these have had have sold out nearly instantly too. Anyone who is still holding out for a major restock is either extremely patient or genuinely delusional. Only time will tell.

The resell price isn't really that bad for these, its basically like 30 or 40 bucks over retail what kills it is the shipping, taxes and fees which brings it to like $300. I wonder if these prices will just stay like this over the next few months or will they rise or drop.

It’s the shelf life that gets me. All sneakers have one unfortunately. But I put on the play off 8s from 2007. not sure if I got the year right but the side panel started to crack. Not sure if wearing sneaker everyday from release day till the end of time will help preserve the shoes longevity.

It’s the shelf life that gets me. All sneakers have one unfortunately. But I put on the play off 8s from 2007. not sure if I got the year right but the side panel started to crack. Not sure if wearing sneaker everyday from release day till the end of time will help preserve the shoes longevity.
Wearing them if not everyday, every now and then, without a doubt helps preserve them. All shoes fall apart some day but with Jordan's that use polyurethane for the midsoles (2-10) will last much longer if you wear them. My first pair of 2015 Aqua 8s have been worn heavily and the midsole is still firm. Whether or not I'll get to my second pair before finally tossing the first pair aside, is another story. I'll probably just walk around the house in them here and there but I digress. Just wear your shoes.

Edit: in regards to those 2007 Playoffs, those could crack and crumble away at any point if they've hardly been worn and stored properly in the past 10+ years but for current releases, just wear your shoes.

Last edited:
Wearing your kicks from time to time a few times a year def will help extend the sneakers lifespan. Having said that, there's not much you can do about a pair 8's from that long ago in terms of them falling apart because it's bound to happen. The best thing I can say is enjoy your kicks while you can because they don't last forever.

Back
Top Bottom