Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Finally did the ole pencil trick after procrastinating it for a while. Since these don't have a monotone upper like the originals, making the cut lines too contrast-y would have been a bad look, especially since this year's upper has its own contrast going on, so I kept it light with my pen pressure. In the right lightning and angles the lines are more visible but but so much so that no matter which way they're facing, the shoe looks like a crime scene with thick chalk outlines everywhere. I think it came out well. I did my '19 Black Infrareds the same way. Subtle but noticeable.
20231112_204630.jpg

Also the contrast on the moulded heel is pretty noticeable on some pairs. For my second pair both heels look like this, where they have a noticeably smooth, matte appearance to the flat sections. Makes me wonder if they'll ever recreate this look on the heel of the Black Infrareds and the moulded ankle collar of the Black Metallics, whenever they come back.
20231112_205348.jpg

i never found 7s hard to put on but 8s definitely took a little bit more effort for me
damn not what i wanted to hear

yea i didnt think 7's were hard to put on until i got the recent cardinals and they were hard to put on.

i vaguely remember the 8's being easier to put on because the collar of the bootie is lower and is more open and stretchy than the 7 bootie

havent wore an 8 in years. these easier to put on than a 7 right?
I dunno about the other guy but I think 8s are pretty easy to put on. Granted the only 8s I owned until the Playoff retro was the '15 Aquas but the ease of access was the same when I tried on my Playoffs a while ago. In my experience (and I wear my 8s A LOT), as long as you use one hand to hold onto the tongue and the other to hold onto the heel of the huarache sleeve, the amount of effort (or lack thereof) that it takes to get your foot in the shoe depends on if you leave your shoes laced up when taking them off or putting them on.

I dunno about the other guy but I think 8s are pretty easy to put on. Granted the only 8s I owned until the Playoff retro was the '15 Aquas but the ease of access was the same when I tried on my Playoffs a while ago. In my experience (and I wear my 8s A LOT), as long as you use one hand to hold onto the tongue and the other to hold onto the heel of the huarache sleeve, the amount of effort (or lack thereof) that it takes to get your foot in the shoe depends on if you leave your shoes laced up when taking them off or putting them on.
Most difficult J's to put on

Last edited:
I think most retro js are pretty easy to put on. If there was a specific model that is probably more challenging than the others - for me its the VI.

But seriously, if you want to know what a PITA shoe is to put on. Look no further than KD signature line. Great to ball in tho.

Back
Top Bottom