Air Jordan XIII Black Toe/ He Got Game/ Chicago 2017 Release

never been a xiii guy...but I think i'm starting to come around. Just will have to figure out my size...

I wear a 13.5 in 1,xii.... these fit about the same?

Thank you Sneaker Gods. I swear before right before I came in this thread I was just saying I need these to retro. I missed out in '08 because I don't like da shadow 10s & I missed out in '13 because I didn't win any raffles & mom & pops was charging over retail & I just wasn't beat to pay above box price.

I'm all in this time. I won't miss out again. 3rd time is da charm :pimp:.

Jordan down tying that kids shoe is one of my favorite pics.  Would love to have a hard copy of that.  Reminds me of the Jordan to the Max home video. 

Slam magazine Jordan Brand edition in 1998 was my first close up of this shoe.  I was hooked.  Went to the mall and my size was gone.  But I wanted these sooo bad that I bought a smaller size thinking this was my only chance to get them.  Feeling dumb as ---- that I got a smaller size.  I just wanted to have them.  Sat on them for several weeks until I went to another mall and found my size.  Would have never thought at that time they were still around but they were.  Took the other size back and it all worked out.  High school shoe to me.  And I wore the crap out of them.  Great memories come from these as well.  Breds,, well  I called off work to make sure I got those on release day. 

[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I have White/Red from 2010 or whenever they dropped but I missed HGG and All Star 13s

If HGG and All Star 13s are dropping, I'm ALL IN.

By the way, am I the only person that calls the "Playoff" 13 ALL STARS?

The very first time I saw Mike wear them was the All Star Game in '98. I remember us looking at the TV like "OOH thats the new color".

Those joints will always be ALL STAR 13s to me.

The very first time I saw Mike wear them was the All Star Game in '98. I remember us looking at the TV like "OOH thats the new color".

Seen this in another thread, but "all-stars" are actually the FLINT colorway. The all black with white pods that you're referring to are PLAYOFFS.

I forget exactly when it started (might be 95 season) but the Bulls wore black socks/black shoes as their uniform accessories code during the playoffs. For the regular season, it was white socks/white shoes.

So for home games in the regular season, he'd wear the first color (that one being the wht/blk color way for whatever particular model). Practically the "Chicago" moniker due to it having black hits with the home jerseys. Then for away games, he'd be in the wht/red colorway of the particular model.

Now when playoffs came, it was the same setup for MJ shoe wise, except now it's following the playoff uniform code the Bulls implemented. This simply switches the white to black. So for the home PLAYOFF games, he would be in the blk/wht colorway of the particular model (simply switching the white in reg season setup to black, but in the HOME case the black from the reg season is switched to white to avoid blk/blk). Then for AWAY games in the PLAYOFFS, it was the simple sub from white to black as previously stated thus creating the blk/red colorway of the particular model.

So to simplify it simply followed (using 97-98 for reference since XIII thread):

Reg season
Home - Wht/Blk (XIII black toe or HGG as called now)
Away - Wht/Red (XIII wht/red)

All-Star - XIII Flints (MJ wears PLAYOFFS due to individual team jerseys being worn)

Playoffs
Home - Blk/Wht (XIII playoffs)
Away - Blk/Red (XIII blk/red)

Always used to just refer to the jordans as they're two colors in order of base/secondary. I also remember guys actually referring to them as Home's, Away's, Playoffs (since duplicating "home" confuses the context), and Black/Red's (because of same reason duplicating "away" confuses context)

"All-stars" is new to me as they were always just the blue joints around me coming up.

Seen this in another thread, but "all-stars" are actually the FLINT colorway. The all black with white pods that you're referring to are PLAYOFFS.

I forget exactly when it started (might be 95 season) but the Bulls wore black socks/black shoes as their uniform accessories code during the playoffs. For the regular season, it was white socks/white shoes.

So for home games in the regular season, he'd wear the first color (that one being the wht/blk color way for whatever particular model). Practically the "Chicago" moniker due to it having black hits with the home jerseys. Then for away games, he'd be in the wht/red colorway of the particular model.

Now when playoffs came, it was the same setup for MJ shoe wise, except now it's following the playoff uniform code the Bulls implemented. This simply switches the white to black. So for the home PLAYOFF games, he would be in the blk/wht colorway of the particular model (simply switching the white in reg season setup to black, but in the HOME case the black from the reg season is switched to white to avoid blk/blk). Then for AWAY games in the PLAYOFFS, it was the simple sub from white to black as previously stated thus creating the blk/red colorway of the particular model.

So to simplify it simply followed (using 97-98 for reference since XIII thread):

Reg season
Home - Wht/Blk (XIII black toe or HGG as called now)
Away - Wht/Red (XIII wht/red)

All-Star - XIII Flints (MJ wears PLAYOFFS due to individual team jerseys being worn)

Playoffs
Home - Blk/Wht (XIII playoffs)
Away - Blk/Red (XIII blk/red)

Always used to just refer to the jordans as they're two colors in order of base/secondary. I also remember guys actually referring to them as Home's, Away's, Playoffs (since duplicating "home" confuses the context), and Black/Red's (because of same reason duplicating "away" confuses context)

"All-stars" is new to me as they were always just the blue joints around me coming up.
All facts here. Except for a handful of exceptions when the white/black colorway was worn on the road, and the one time the white/red XIII was worn at home, this breakdown is accurate for both the 1997 and 1998 seasons for the XII and XIII.

The only other time Mike wore home/road specific colorways was with the AJII, white/red at home and white/black midsole for the road.

You can always tell the heads the who have been around :smokin

Oh, by the way, the black socks in the playoffs started in 1996. In the 1995 playoffs, shadow Xs, concord XIs, and the black/concord XIs that just released were ALL worn with white socks.

And just FTR, The black shoes in the playoffs started in 1989 with the black/cement IV.

13s are overrated. Jordan wore these on the court and looks fine there but most ppl copping these will be rocking with jeans and always looked off to me.

Back
Top Bottom