Air Jordan XIII - Flint colorway to drop November 2010 (via Kicksonfire.com)

What's the deal with the 3M on the '10s? First ppl said there was no 3M, then light 3M, and then in that video on the last page, it looks like they do have some 3M. Has anyone with both '05s and '10s done comparison pics with flash?

When I seen em 2 weeks ago, I honestly thought they were bodega knock offs. They jus didn't feel like they were a real Jordan release. The leather, the mesh all look poorly put together. I didn't try them on my feet because I didn't get a chance but they looked very narrow

seen these at my local spot when they received them last friday....and the quality is subpar...here's my observation from the pair i inspected

- Tumbled leather it still feels flimsy, and it looks like they gave it that look to come off as higher quality leather (which it isn't)
+ This type of leather looks like it will wear better in terms of creasing
- The stitching on the double-mesh is all loose and wrinkled out of the box, and doesn't have consistent lines
+ The one thing i did like was the suede they used
- But the rest of the materials take away any reason to rush to buy these
- The 3M just isn't what it used to be, and doesn't reflect resiliently through the mesh like the previous pair, but IT IS there

I'm still gonna get them only becuz i'd like to have them in my aresenal after missing out on the last pair
I just see the prices of the 04 pair going up so i don't see myself getting them anytime soon so i'll settle for these

on this one the Cons outweigh the Pros, and w/ the busy Jordan December releases they'll be low on the priority list

Saw these in person over the weekend.... must have. We all know the quality is in a decline and where it will bottom out is anyone's guess.

My 09 True Blue 3s, worn like maybe 4 times max have the paint craccs starting and what have you, same as my Retro 8s and other 3s....

We remember the past for more than what it is, Jordan releases in the late 90's and early 2000's were NOT perfect, I don't give a damn what y'all say

I'll get these for me and wifey and maybe the kids down the line (word to getting Oreo 6 for Jr. in the summer and he hasn't grown into them but the bottoms are yellowing) and the Cool Grey XI for Christmas then its onto some Pennys and Foams I guess unless the Playoff 13s drop in the Spring....

ALWAYSJWALKIN was doin his thing, we collectively like to hate on people when they post pics like that but let's face it he cleaned up properly right???

EDIT: That Cool Grey apparel is must-have; the hoody and a headband for myself is a mandatory and might as well throw in a t-shirt for good measure

haha, you obviously didnt get where the humor came in.

Like whats been stated though, different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

seen these at my local spot when they received them last friday....and the quality is subpar...here's my observation from the pair i inspected

- Tumbled leather it still feels flimsy, and it looks like they gave it that look to come off as higher quality leather (which it isn't)
- The stitching on the double-mesh is all loose and wrinkled out of the box, and doesn't have consistent lines
- The 3M just isn't what it used to be, and doesn't reflect resiliently through the mesh like the previous pair, but IT IS there

I'm still gonna get them only becuz i'd like to have them in my aresenal after missing out on the last pair
I just see the prices of the 04 pair going up so i don't see myself getting them anytime soon so i'll settle for these

on this one the Cons outweigh the Pros, and w/ the busy Jordan December releases they'll be low on the priority list
Speak for yourself buddy. These go hard. I never owned flints. Missed the boat on the two previous releases and I be damned if I miss out on these. They dont stray that far from the originals. And who honestly wants the old ones when the latest version is out and looks identical minus the 3m. and some of yall need to accept that your feet wont be shining like a f*^#n street sign everytime light hits your shoe. That was never the best Quality of the shoe to me. cool but unnessesary in most cases. yall amaze me
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dhtowng

Speak for yourself buddy. These go hard. I never owned flints. Missed the boat on the two previous releases and I be damned if I miss out on these. They dont stray that far from the originals. And who honestly wants the old ones when the latest version is out and looks identical minus the 3m. and some of yall need to accept that your feet wont be shining like a f*^#n street sign everytime light hits your shoe. That was never the best Quality of the shoe to me. cool but unnessesary in most cases. yall amaze me
30t6p3b.gif

I actually was speaking for myself, and obviously you didn't read what i posted you and i are buying for the same reason...except u'll just prolly be one of those dudes campin out for them....like u said ''yall amaze me
30t6p3b.gif
"

the differences are pretty obvious:

010090_1_p.jpg

011273_1_p.jpg

I'll be should picking up a sz 12 later today i'll post pics when i get them

Originally Posted by dhtowng

kIcKzNY96 wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

Actually he's right as you can see with the pics. I own the 2005's and put these down instantly. It's very noticeable to anyone who has the 2005's. But basically every retro Jordan now look like fakes.

man, when shoes were being made in Taiwan, those were the glory days. High quality bball shoes. Now everything is mass produced on a much larger scale in China, and quality has gone downhill ever since.

Do you guys ever notice that most look-see samples are made in Taiwan? There's a reason for it. Labor cost is much higher in Taiwan than China though, maybe that plays a factor.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

man, when shoes were being made in Taiwan, those were the glory days. High quality bball shoes. Now everything is mass produced on a much larger scale in China, and quality has gone downhill ever since.

Do you guys ever notice that most look-see samples are made in Taiwan? There's a reason for it. Labor cost is much higher in Taiwan than China though, maybe that plays a factor.

See but, the White/Red XIII's look so well made, so I don't know why it's either a hit or miss with JB with certain colorways.

I think they really try to distinguish them from previous retros so much, that they take away a lot of what goes with the shoe.

^ looks can be deceiving, but you won't really know until you have the final product in your hand...
IMO i think the Wht/Reds look as good as they do cuz its easier to pull off that shoe when you're dealing w/ just leather and not overlaying the mesh on there the manufacturing process becomes less complicated

^ looks can be deceiving, but you won't really know until you have the final product in your hand...
IMO i think the Wht/Reds look as good as they do cuz its easier to pull off that shoe when you're dealing w/ just leather and not overlaying the mesh on there the manufacturing process becomes less complicated
but they were able to do it in 2005, complicated or not.
wink.gif

Looks can be deceiving, but when you have a side by side comparison, it's not hard to see what's missing.

Looking at the pics with the 05 and the 2010 makes it not worth 173$ with tax, but my boy is getting me a pair for 120 so I'll be copping..

Originally Posted by eddo1005

but they were able to do it in 2005, complicated or not.
wink.gif
which is exactly what makes me question why they can't do it again, LOL but like we all know its just not the same anymore i've learned to accept it

My pair from Citysole just shipped. Hope i get them by end of this week. Well from what I can tell these look really nice but I know they aren't perfect.

that 3m is the thing that makes these shoes "pop" ehh i think these might be around for awhile actually things are selling pretty slow every where with todays economy making it kinda easier to cop kicks i wish FTL would stop playing and do another 50

pics up top are dope. 3m would be nice on the new ones obviously. but at the end of the day what can u do? i need these kicks

Back
Top Bottom