Air Jordan XIV Retro - 'Last Shot' - CONFIRMED - December 2011

Originally Posted by SirCharles

Pass. 160!!! Really?
you do realise these retailed for $150 back in 99 , a $10 price hike is mild compared to what they did with the concord 11's

poor XIV......despite it was the last Air Jordan worn by MJ as a Chicago Bull,
not much love from half of us here.
I was so happy when they got retroed because i got only the
white/black-reds as OG back then.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Didn't have the '05's, but how was the sockliner closer to them than these new ones? I'm looking at my White/Red XIV OGs and the sockliner looks the exact same as these retros, just in white (which is not close to the CDP XIVs I have).

The OG's and the 2005's didn't have that perforated sockliner material that the 2011's have. 
OG 

rba6uo.png

14y781u.png

b_1313149309_632.jpg

I personally don't care, it was just an observation.   So again, like I said IMO, the OG sockliner looks closer to the 2005's in terms of the look of the material compared to the 2011's. 

And also to add to that, the OG Wht/Red XIV's, did have the perforated sockliner.  

True.

But I care more about the material used on the toes and side panels, than on the sockliner.

The 2011s seem closer to the OGs in that regard.

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

Pass. 160!!! Really?
you do realise these retailed for $150 back in 99 , a $10 price hike is mild compared to what they did with the concord 11's
And with the IIIs and IVs originally $100 if im not mistaken, might be less in 1988-89. up to $150, now $160. 60% increase in price

Originally Posted by BBallAddict1

True.

But I care more about the material used on the toes and side panels, than on the sockliner.

The 2011s seem closer to the OGs in that regard.

Definitely. 

They really did a good job with these, the only issue as is with all black/suede/nubuck material, is picking out the right pair with minimal glue stains.

I think for 225ish total I will be able togt both these and the stealths. Any word on the rest of the rumored xivs?

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

Pass. 160!!! Really?
Same can be said with the retro 13's people still bought it with the 10 dollar increase

these are gonna flop baaaaaaaaaaadlyyyyyyyyyy because everybody is saving up for the concords. 

Originally Posted by PoloPlaya

Originally Posted by adub beta

Originally Posted by PoloPlaya

the og last shot xiv's from 99 was one of the best shoes I ever played bball in. I still have a DS pair from 99. I'd rather spend another $60.00 or $70.00 and buy another pair of og last shots before I bought these. Both these & the 05 retro are trash imo.
can you explain why the 05 retro is trash?
they just were imo.  The tongue was longer, no metal tips on the laces, and that suede was horrible.

I had the OGs in 99 and the 05's werent bad at all except for the ashy suede.... everything else was on point.. metal tips are on every 14 stop gassing it

Back
Top Bottom