Air Jordan XX3/XXIII model had virtually eliminated the Jumpman logo? why?

[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]The Air Jordan XX3/XXIII model had virtually eliminated the Jumpman logo. It is found only on the tongue of the right sneaker, and completely missing on the left sneaker, except on the ends of the shoelaces.[/font]
[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]
[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]just curious why?[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]The Air Jordan XX3/XXIII model had virtually eliminated the Jumpman logo. It is found only on the tongue of the right sneaker, and completely missing on the left sneaker, except on the ends of the shoelaces.[/font]
[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]
[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif]just curious why?[/font]

IIRC, for this model, they wanted the shoe to stand alone, virtually by itself without having the Jumpman logo sell the shoe. Something like that.

An absolutely beautiful shoe too.

IIRC, for this model, they wanted the shoe to stand alone, virtually by itself without having the Jumpman logo sell the shoe. Something like that.

The jumpman on the tongue wasn't enough?

The 23 (XXIII), like Super Producer said, was designed as something that needs no introduction, that would hold it's own without any major branding.

The craftsmanship on this shoe was also a sight to see.

The 23 (XXIII), like Super Producer said, was designed as something that needs no introduction, that would hold it's own without any major branding.

^agreed with these last two. it's artistic license. i very much prefer minimal logo than having one arbitrarily stamped on every shoe just like every team shoe they make (yuck).

the xx3 are gorgeous.

^agreed with these last two. it's artistic license. i very much prefer minimal logo than having one arbitrarily stamped on every shoe just like every team shoe they make (yuck).

the xx3 are gorgeous.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

This

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

and this.

Just want to prove the strength of the brand by showing that the Jumpman alone doesn't need to sell the signature series. That someone will notice and think, "that's gotta be J's" without all the adornment of the logo and really just focus on the design...Kinda arrogant actually, coming to think about it...but it's the truth and has generally been proven as true...

Love my 23s
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

This

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

and this.

Just want to prove the strength of the brand by showing that the Jumpman alone doesn't need to sell the signature series. That someone will notice and think, "that's gotta be J's" without all the adornment of the logo and really just focus on the design...Kinda arrogant actually, coming to think about it...but it's the truth and has generally been proven as true...

Love my 23s
pimp.gif

Yeah I agree with a lot of the other guys in here that the craftsmanship on the XX3s speaks for itself. I remember seeing an interview with Tinker not too long ago where he even said that the XX3s were by far the hardest of all of the Air Jordans thus far to make because they wanted to give it that handcrafted feel and be efficient with the materials so that it was environmentally friendly.

Yeah I agree with a lot of the other guys in here that the craftsmanship on the XX3s speaks for itself. I remember seeing an interview with Tinker not too long ago where he even said that the XX3s were by far the hardest of all of the Air Jordans thus far to make because they wanted to give it that handcrafted feel and be efficient with the materials so that it was environmentally friendly.

The XX3 was just an absolutely beautiful shoe and a fine way to end the legacy of he sigs
pimp.gif
. Too bad the best cw was so damn limited and expensive
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

The XX3 was just an absolutely beautiful shoe and a fine way to end the legacy of he sigs
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
That killed me. I couldn't get either of the Premier's
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
That killed me. I couldn't get either of the Premier's
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom