Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

THIS CANT BE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   THIS HAS TO BE A BAD JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BET THERE IS A LOW VERSION NON BOOT STYLE...OTHERWISE THIS IS A TOTAL SHAME!!!!!

SHAME ON NIKE AND TINKER !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually diggin them...unzipped of course.  Very avant garde and pushing the envelope...exactly what the game shoe has always done.  Although I cannot see anyone wearing these zipped up, on or off court.

when unzipped, what is there to stop the shoe from flapping about?

also when zipped, what is serve, is it warmth or something about ankle support?

I can understand the feelings toward the Jordan XXVIII (28), but in regards to the Jordan XVIII (18), they were and still are a really dope shoe! Classic and one of the most comfortable! Keep in mind most of the time Jordans are a shoe that is usually simple with, small details that make the shoe pop. As well Jordans also usually push the envelope, I rememberd everyone hated the Jordan 13 when it first dropped now it is a classic, and the most sought after Jordans are usually the "plain", simple classic colorways. Not saying that I am fully on board with these, but just a few things to think about when it comes to Jordan. To be honest with everyone dropping, busy, bright colorfull kicks, these will stand out and be refreshing in a way. >D

nah, the 18 are the only signature jordan i refuse to have. everything about them is really puggfuggly, but don't worry, this is purely my opinion and i know i'm in the minority with it.

i agree with what you said about people hating at first but then loving later. i am usually the one saying this (seriously, check out of the 2012 thread when everyone was aflame).

what rubs me the wrong way with the 18 and (my first reaction to) the 28 are the large empty spaces. the designed just lack any spark.

For some reason when I heard that they were goin back to the Roman numerals I had renewed hope in the brand. Like maybe things were going to be put back on track...

And then I saw the shoe and lost more faith in JB than I even knew I had.

So many questions - Why did you unveil the shoe in a boring black and volt color way? We know how well the grey/volt 2012s sold... The inside of the shoe looks kinda cool (underneath the zippered sheath), but we can't even really see it. Why is it so high? I am really interested in the tech, but at the end of the day JB has to realize that these shoes have perhaps less casual appeal than any shoe they've ever sold as their sig. Sure zipped down looks decent, but that 8" top is a joke - even if it performs well. I wonder how these might work as snow boots if they gave the zippered sheath thingy a water-repellant material?

For $150-$175 retail I might have given these a try. $250 retail is laughable.

Maybe they're trying to eliminate the hypebeasts with this?

Last edited:
I guess the rumors from earlier this year about the Gloves coming back out this winter was true but as a Air Jordan version release only
laugh.gif

I'm curious to see other CWs in this. I think I'm might cop these on super low clearance then take a razor to that boot. There could be a good lookin' shoe under there.

More info from s o l e c o l l e c t o r

Today, the Jordan Brand officially unveiled the Air Jordan XX8 at an event in New York City. For the first time since the XX3, the brand is ditching the yearly naming system in favor of the roman numeral system used for their original run of iconic releases.

Guests for the evening included Jordan Brand President Larry Miller, Spike Lee and Carmelo Anthony, who each spoke candidly about the history of the brand, the future and its social impact.

At just 13.5 ounces, the XX8 is being touted as the lightest and most responsive Air Jordan model to date. Designed by the legendary Tinker Hatfield and Josh Heard, the shoe is based around the concept of stealth - by the time they see you coming, it's too late.

Partially inspired by the military combat boot, the XX8 is the brand's first ever 8" silhouette. The shrouded model was started by Hatfield two years ago. Tech features include a "piston-style" outsole, the brand's carbon-based Flight Tech plate and max volume Zoom bags.

"I don't think of these as basketball shoes," said Tinker at today's event. "I think of them as objects of art and design that happen to be used for basketball."

The Air Jordan XX8 will retail for $250.

Newly signed Jordan Brand athlete Russell Westbrook will debut the XX8 on the court tomorrow night when the Oklahoma City Thunder take on the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays.

Below is a recap of the photos and captions being posted up on the @************* Instagram account. You can follow us there, join us on Twitter or simply keep checking this post for live updates. Some photos also provided by @Jumpman23.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom