Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

This sneaker, if you can call it that, is just ugly. It doesnt matter what colorway its in lol

They have to be a quick strike in Brooklyn for the Jordan Classic is all I can think because I've searched high and low online and placed calls and no retailers know a thing.  They'd have their stock by today for a release tomorrow.  Who knows?
I honestly don't think they're releasing until at least next weekend.

Then why are you in this forum commenting?  To say that the XX8 is "ugly"?  How novel.  P!ss off.
I just joined the forum so I was posting in a lot of threads. I would assume having an opinion about the topic and sharing it is the point of a discussion thread...anyways disagreeing with my opinion is one thing but to insult me for it is another. If you werent ignorant maybe you'd have responded more maturely. Im just sayin, I dont care if the 28s had the power to make me levitate, I aint wearing them ugly things on my feet. To each there own right.

The Camo XXeights Shroud has camo script on it, and some of the script is "offensive" I hear. So nike called them back, especially the Joker colorway. 

The Camo XXeights Shroud has camo script on it, and some of the script is "offensive" I hear. So nike called them back, especially the Joker colorway. 

I got the jokers imma check to see what your talking about

looks like the "script" is very hard to read and the "script" only appears on camo shrouded xx8s:

click the pic to enlarge and try to read the letters, looks like some foreign language or the continuation of that XI typography:

Last edited:
Yes, the script is only on the camo/thermals, and yes it's in English. The pattern warps the letters, drowns them out in darkness, takes them in and out of focus and so on. Also, as the letters wrap around the back they go backwards after the seam.

It's the Jordan quote Tinker cited as a design inspiration, 'Stealth is like black cat. You never hear it coming, but it's deadly as hell. You don't **** with the stealth. My game is like that, when you see it, it's too ******g late!'

Yes, complete with asterisks

I just joined the forum so I was posting in a lot of threads. I would assume having an opinion about the topic and sharing it is the point of a discussion thread...anyways disagreeing with my opinion is one thing but to insult me for it is another. If you werent ignorant maybe you'd have responded more maturely. Im just sayin, I dont care if the 28s had the power to make me levitate, I aint wearing them ugly things on my feet. To each there own right.
And if you just joined then take them time to read through the various threads and see what has been said and wasn't hasn't and take that into account.  These dropped two months ago.  We all know that a wide breadth of Jordan fans dislike the XX8.  Everyone and their mother has said "they're ugly".  We get it.  Unless you have something interesting or newsworthy to add, why even say it?  You honestly think those of us that are having a discussion about a new color way release give a damn about your overall opinion of the shoe?  Keep it to yourself and go discuss another retro that you like.  It's not rocket science.

And if you just joined then take them time to read through the various threads and see what has been said and wasn't hasn't and take that into account.  These dropped two months ago.  We all know that a wide breadth of Jordan fans dislike the XX8.  Everyone and their mother has said "they're ugly".  We get it.  Unless you have something interesting or newsworthy to add, why even say it?  You honestly think those of us that are having a discussion about a new color way release give a damn about your overall opinion of the shoe?  Keep it to yourself and go discuss another retro that you like.  It's not rocket science.
I realise what has been said. I understand that many dislike the shoe and that some love it, such as yourself. Im going to say it once more, The post you originally quoted me on was my 3rd post on this forum, I was going into the most recent threads and striking a conversation starting with MY own opinion. Dont get butt-hurt because I "dissed" your zip-up sock. I aint gonna argue about it anymore though, I'll leave your precious thread lol

Everyone that says the shoe is ugly never acknowledges how amazing these are at performance. I've heard from various people who got them that these things are probably the best jordans when it comes to performance and probably one of the best basketball sneakers on the market. I understand that people don't like the shoe cause they think its "ugly" but remember first that this is a PERFORMANCE shoe

Everyone that says the shoe is ugly never acknowledges how amazing these are at performance. I've heard from various people who got them that these things are probably the best jordans when it comes to performance and probably one of the best basketball sneakers on the market. I understand that people don't like the shoe cause they think its "ugly" but remember first that this is a PERFORMANCE shoe
That's exactly how jb gets ya... it's pretty much in the head, many other shoes perform just as good and aren't a complete gimmick ripoff

Got my #XX8DaysOfFlight #AJ17 these are incredible. The leather and attention to detail is like none I have ever seen. Pretty dope the sent them in the wooden all star weekend XX8 box as well

whoa, i missed out on something, what happened? how did you get those?

That's exactly how jb gets ya... it's pretty much in the head, many other shoes perform just as good and aren't a complete gimmick ripoff
Well whether you think it's a "gimmick" or not I believe otherwise I was just stating how so many people think of JB as a non athletic brand cause of the retros but in actuality everything besides the retros are in fact great performance shoes many people don't think of these as performance first but worry about how they are gonna rock them with their skinny jeans

when eastbay responded to my question on their FB page, they indicated that there will be 2 NEW CWs released on 4/27

gotta laugh reading some of these recent comments

everyone has diff tastes, if you like them, that's fine and if you don't, then that's fine too

please don't put down others that don't share your opinion

don't tell me how to spend my money

I LIKE THE SHOE and got all but the black "jokers" and the yellow tours

i play tues and thurs night rec and run youth clinics on saturdays

the kids were trippin on my blues that i wore today

i need a performance shoe and

don't care if they don't go with my jeans

as my grandma use to say "that's why they make diff flavors of ice cream"

everyone has diff tastes, RESPECT IT

Last edited:
when eastbay responded to my question on their FB page, they indicated that there will be 2 NEW CWs released on 4/27

gotta laugh reading some of these recent comments

everyone has diff tastes, if you like them, that's fine and if you don't, then that's fine too

please don't put down others that don't share your opinion

don't tell me how to spend my money

I LIKE THE SHOE and got all but the black "jokers" and the yellow tours

i play tues and thurs night rec and run youth clinics on saturdays

the kids were trippin on my blues that i wore today

i need a performance shoe and

don't care if they don't go with my jeans

as my grandma use to say "that's why they make diff flavors of ice cream"

everyone has diff tastes, RESPECT IT
Well said.  THIS is why I bought the XX8, because I play basketball.  I truly have no intention of ever rocking them with jeans or even cargo shorts this summer, as they honestly wouldn't look good.  But on the court....performance beasts.  I felt the same way about the 2012's.  Everyone was hating on them, but those of us who actually, you know, play basketball knew how good they responded on court.  If I'm looking to just straight style, then I pull out my 4's or 3's.  Face it, JB is heading in a new direction with their signature model....performance for those that like to play basketball.  I wish some people would figure that out.

Back
Top Bottom