Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

The colors were meh on those ....how are people likeling the thicker shroud compared to the first releases?

I like the feel of the thinner shrouds on the earlier releases than the thicker shroud on the later releases. The thicker shroud is stiffer and a little more abrasive. Just a personal preference...

appears that EASTBAY list is WRONG and the 10/5 release IS the SE 

WTF--- can't anything go right with the releases of this shoe ??

shouldn't have to work this hard to get CORRECT info on a release

Interesting for those of you that have had the luxury of playing in both the 28 SE and the Super Fly 2s which do you prefer? Thinking about making a purchase this weekend. The Bel Air 28 SE caught my attention and feel like they're the wildest color in either of those models yet.

Interesting for those of you that have had the luxury of playing in both the 28 SE and the Super Fly 2s which do you prefer? Thinking about making a purchase this weekend. The Bel Air 28 SE caught my attention and feel like they're the wildest color in either of those models yet.
not sure who can answer this as the SE not out yet right ?

He was the referring to the fact that the zoom is positioned a different way in the Superfly 2s...I also like the setup better in the Superfly 2s as well
Yeah like the unlocked zoom bags are placed horizontally in the forefoot. 

My theory as to why so many pairs of xx8 zoom bags have popped in the past is due to the set up. When you walk/run/bend your foot naturally puts a crease and added pressure on the unlocked zoom bag, as well as the glue holding it all together. I have had a few friends and talked to a couple people that have gotten refunds due to their zoom bag not lasting.

As you can see from the setups, superfly's provide a natural flex groove.

Air-Jordan-XX8-Away-sole.jpg

jordan-super.fly-2-counterkicks-performance-review-2.jpg

Yeah like the unlocked zoom bags are placed horizontally in the forefoot. 

My theory as to why so many pairs of xx8 zoom bags have popped in the past is due to the set up. When you walk/run/bend your foot naturally puts a crease and added pressure on the unlocked zoom bag, as well as the glue holding it all together. I have had a few friends and talked to a couple people that have gotten refunds due to their zoom bag not lasting.

As you can see from the setups, superfly's provide a natural flex groove.

Air-Jordan-XX8-Away-sole.jpg

jordan-super.fly-2-counterkicks-performance-review-2.jpg

My bad I didnt know you were talking about the placement of the units. Do the superfly's feel stiff?

so now EASTBAY has removed the previously listed 10/5 SE release ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

That's annoying. Maybe they are going to just start dropping SEs on us without any notification...

I heard the SEs are going to be more avaible and imo better ventilation now that the shroud is completely gone

do you guys think it's still possible to get the cement grey at 180-200 in the future? are they limited release?

wondering if i should wait or get them at 220-240

I heard the SEs are going to be more avaible and imo better ventilation now that the shroud is completely gone
100% more ventilation. I think it will be same numbers as the xx8's just because they still need to release the 29's, so they don't want pairs sitting.

And Ive heard a $150 price tag which is awesome

Just an update. Played ball in these last night finally for the first time and the response from the xx8 is incredible. I'm now a huge believer in flight plate. Will admit that I thought it was a marketing gimmick at first.

Whereas my Hyperdunk 2011's wouldn't be able to keep up, inertia wise...these basically allowed me to go wherever I wanted. Great basketball shoe!

The only downside was after a few hours of play, my sock would slide in the shoe from sweat resulting from no ventilation. Otherwise, this would be perfect. I assume this is where the xx8 SE's would excel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom