Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-jordan-xx8-se-basketball-shoe/pid-782610/pgid-845039

Bel air XX8 SE

Almost sold out, what ????

Hypebeasts
mean.gif
Yeah man.  It's crazy.  I  saw them this morning and tried them on.  They were extremely light and comfortable but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them.  They were a bit too over the top for me.  A lot of cats couldn't get the V's so they settled for the XX8's.  It was definitely because of the "Bel Air" theme and not the shoe itself.  Cats just wanted something to match their t-shirts and hats.

Nothing wrong with that but it seemed they were definitely impulse buys.  

Yeah man.  It's crazy.  I  saw them this morning and tried them on.  They were extremely light and comfortable but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them.  They were a bit too over the top for me.  A lot of cats couldn't get the V's so they settled for the XX8's.  It was definitely because of the "Bel Air" theme and not the shoe itself.  Cats just wanted something to match their t-shirts and hats.

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone that was not able to cop the V's were probably going to pick these up since the price tag isn't too bad and the colors pop more on these than the V's. I really wanted to cop as well. One more spot that I can hit up here in the SoCal area so we will see how that goes. Otherwise I will just stick with my cement grey xx8s :smile:!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone that was not able to cop the V's were probably going to pick these up since the price tag isn't too bad and the colors pop more on these than the V's. I really wanted to cop as well. One more spot that I can hit up here in the SoCal area so we will see how that goes. Otherwise I will just stick with my cement grey xx8s
smile.gif
!!!
Believe it or not, people actually wear basketball shoes for basketball. The se is getting ridiculous reviews for being an incredible on-court performer and there are actually people out there with different opinions that think the louder the better.

Woke up at 650am for the xx8, went straight to the xx8, copped the xx8 and the xx8 only. 

I don't own a single pair of clothing to match the Bel Air theme of the xx8's, but I guess its a good thing I don't wear a hat when I'm hooping. 

Believe it or not, people actually wear basketball shoes for basketball. The se is getting ridiculous reviews for being an incredible on-court performer and there are actually people out there with different opinions that think the louder the better.

Woke up at 650am for the xx8, went straight to the xx8, copped the xx8 and the xx8 only. 

I don't own a single pair of clothing to match the Bel Air theme of the xx8's, but I guess its a good thing I don't wear a hat when I'm hooping. 

Yes I know people wear them to ball in. I bought the Cement grey xx8 strictly to ball in as well. I do feel as though the louder the better. But I am one to cop the Bel Air as well as the black/gold that was shown as well. Just two different ends of the spectrum but also for the same purpose...to ball in. I don't have a single thing that would match the Bel Air either...black shirt and black shorts for me thank you. One of the reasons I wanted to cop this was because it was the first SE to drop and I want them to ball in. But to each their own. Hopefully those that really want them will be able to obtain them at some point.

Yes I know people wear them to ball in. I bought the Cement grey xx8 strictly to ball in as well. I do feel as though the louder the better. But I am one to cop the Bel Air as well as the black/gold that was shown as well. Just two different ends of the spectrum but also for the same purpose...to ball in. I don't have a single thing that would match the Bel Air either...black shirt and black shorts for me thank you. One of the reasons I wanted to cop this was because it was the first SE to drop and I want them to ball in. But to each their own. Hopefully those that really want them will be able to obtain them at some point.
I hear you.

It just always ruffles my feathers a bit when I see people b*tching about how these recently released "basketball" shoes are "too loud" for their jeans.

If you're going to rock shoes designed for the court for casual purposes, don't feel like you have any right to complain about the product being marketed towards the current trend *on the court*. You know what you're getting yourself into.

I woke up 6 pacific to grab a pair of the SEs and they were already gone. Ugh. Another limited XX8 release that I missed out on. I'm going to have to wait until some GR XX8s drop. I can't wait to grab a pair for playing ball...

I woke up 6 pacific to grab a pair of the SEs and they were already gone. Ugh. Another limited XX8 release that I missed out on. I'm going to have to wait until some GR XX8s drop. I can't wait to grab a pair for playing ball...

I would call around your area bro...an unexpected spot in my area got them...and with all the hype surrounding the Vs they have yet to be scooped up...I think more people went after them online as opposed to in person

I tried to cop with laptop, iPad and iPhone lined up and could not grab a 13 at launch. Rough cause this is the first shoe i am hyped to ball in for a while.

Lol! Crazy to see the Bel Air xx8's sale out. I for sure thought these would be safe. Guess nothing is now days. Crazy!

Lol! Crazy to see the Bel Air xx8's sale out. I for sure thought these would be safe. Guess nothing is now days. Crazy!
I just want a pair of the black/gold SE's that's it. None of this camo and/or Bel Air nonsense!

I was ready for the launch, but instead of waiting for twitter to say they were up, I just stayed on the stores page and kept refreshing. They went live almost a minute before the twitter announcement was made.

Yeah man.  I have 7 pair of the XX8's and I wear all of them for balling.  I've also worn them casually because the comfort is unmatched.  I passed on the SE because of the colors.  In hindsight I should have gotten them but it's all good.  Let me know about the ventilation on the SE's cause my feet sometimes sweat in the originals with the shroud.  

100% more ventilation. I think it will be same numbers as the xx8's just because they still need to release the 29's, so they don't want pairs sitting.

And Ive heard a $150 price tag which is awesome
nope, XX8 SE will be more available. Nowhere near XX8 scarcity.

100% more ventilation. I think it will be same numbers as the xx8's just because they still need to release the 29's, so they don't want pairs sitting.

And Ive heard a $150 price tag which is awesome
yet they keep raising the price on retros
mean.gif

Are the camos still releasing this weekend? The SE's are no longer on the eastbay and footlocker release calendars.. Just finish line. Sucks for us Canadians.

Are the camos still releasing this weekend? The SE's are no longer on the eastbay and footlocker release calendars.. Just finish line. Sucks for us Canadians.
Still on the launch calendar on FTL.com. maybe you have to scroll down a bit..

Back
Top Bottom