Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

oops , my bad for the above repost. hit wrong button.

anyway, i played in my dk powder blues for the first time today and i must say the attribute that really stands out is the traction. the indoor gym where i play is very dusty, but this shoe grips. i thought the cp3.vi ae had amazing traction, these 28se is better.

i'm about 175lbs and play mostly post-up and shoot jumpers... i'm not much of a slasher (i'm almost 40). the cushioning was good, but it lacks court feel. overall, i'm very pleased with these kicks and will be in my rotation.

On another note ... played our final league game today. It was hard fought one. Lost in Semis hardest we and i played all season .. with that said ..

R.I.P.

View media item 836516View media item 836517View media item 836518

Funny thing is, I dont even know when it happened. After every time I wear them I always check the bags at some point that day either right after the game or that night. Well I didnt today and I was just sitting here watching tv, got up and walked to the kitchen and saw them just chillin and I remembered so like always picked em up and checked. Left foot lookin good, got to the right and :x

Now im sitting here thinkin about when it happened, I dont even remember nothing strange during the game or feeling it. no idea when it happened and I didnt even notice it. Will go about the process of getting them back to Nike tomorrow. Still a great shoe but damn ....

EDIT: I cant even confirm this is when how or why ... but its my right shoe, with about 6 min left in the game i grabbed a rebound pump faked twice drew contact goin up for the shot, when i came down my right ankle rolled (outside) simultaneously my knee buckled. I was down for a minute and walked it off for a min. Played the rest of the game. Only thing I can think of specific to my right foot. Maybe it happened during that physical breakdown of my body lol

Last edited:
The closer I get to getting these or the Melo's to hoop in the FURTHER things like this keep pushing me away....

is the popped zoom air a common thing for these shoes?
I don't know how common, but I'd be surprised if they weren't easily Nike/JB's current #1 returned basketball shoe for defective reasons.

Air bags popping is pretty damn ridiculous.  I could understand laces fraying, some premature outsole separation, scuffs, paint chips, all that.  But uppers tearing (hyperrevs) and air bags popping isn't something you can just play through.

I bet we see a lawsuit at some point, if someone gets seriously injured as a result of the bag popping, it's on.  Not likely, but it could definitely happen.

That sucks another popped zoom bag. Looks similar to my Westbrook camos.

In the last month I've picked up the black/reds, all stars, and the reds (way better in person than in the online pics). Now I have backups in case the zoom pops in another pair of my SEs. I hope nike and JB fix this on the xx9s.

I know these are SEs but are they not stocked because of this? I notice in certain places like Philadelphia I can't even find them at most places. I'm trying to get all colors. So far all pairs have come from House of hoops.

Well for now im not giving up on these. Im sending my pair in to claims tomorrow morning. In the mean time i have my HDs and Lebron 9s.

I wonder what color is it on 4/9 .. is it that black blue orange pair, or is ot the syracuse pair

That sucks another popped zoom bag. Looks similar to my Westbrook camos.

In the last month I've picked up the black/reds, all stars, and the reds (way better in person than in the online pics). Now I have backups in case the zoom pops in another pair of my SEs. I hope nike and JB fix this on the xx9s.

I agree the reds are way better in person. I liked them from the online pics but when I got them in the mail I liked them even more.

Posted this in the wrong thread. Smh. Zoom didn't pop but this may cause it to happen sooner than later? Can someone help me with the claims process?

What I was tolday by a rep

1. Call 1800-344-6453
2. Tell them the issue, theyll get your info and send you an email of stuff.
3. Follow the instructions in the email
4. You send it back and an "inspector" determines if you have a legitimate claim. If so you get a nike voucher, if not then they send you the shoes back with a letter explaining why and youre SOL

What I was tolday by a rep

1. Call 1800-344-6453
2. Tell them the issue, theyll get your info and send you an email of stuff.
3. Follow the instructions in the email
4. You send it back and an "inspector" determines if you have a legitimate claim. If so you get a nike voucher, if not then they send you the shoes back with a letter explaining why and youre SOL

You'll be fine. I have returned several defective shoes back to NDC, the latest being a pair of Air Max 360's purchased over 20 months ago. Stepped on a thumbtack, but the puncture wasn't really noticeable. Passed the inspection and they actually refunded my credit card.

I bought 2 pairs for the rotation, just waiting for one to pop.

You'll be fine. I have returned several defective shoes back to NDC, the latest being a pair of Air Max 360's purchased over 20 months ago. Stepped on a thumbtack, but the puncture wasn't really noticeable. Passed the inspection and they actually refunded my credit card.

I bought 2 pairs for the rotation, just waiting for one to pop.
Oh I wasnt worried lol .. just gonna sit patiently til my voucher comes and i'll get another pair

Finally played in my pair today. Maybe I read too much about them and had unreasonably high expectations, but I was let down a bit. I'll probably wind up returning them. For some reason my left foot was hurting after I got done playing. I don't think it was the laces. Both shoes felt equally tight.

Finally played in my pair today. Maybe I read too much about them and had unreasonably high expectations, but I was let down a bit. I'll probably wind up returning them. For some reason my left foot was hurting after I got done playing. I don't think it was the laces. Both shoes felt equally tight.
i disagree on the kicks to each their own as every person's experience is different ....

BUT we can agree on that love for Ms. Upton though 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom