Air max 720 2019 Thread

8F7E6D38-772E-413E-92B2-DB4201E4BE67.jpeg

Golds...............

My sunrises get delivered tomorrow (today, since it's late on the Left Coast). I'm still excited. But I sort've expected what was said in the vid review above. I only bought the Air Force 270 out of the whole 270 line so I don't have much experience of the setup but ... there's almost zero cushioning from those. I bought them with hopes for superior comfort. Turns out it's just a rad-looking shoe. Not uncomfortable but not a "whoa" experience. Not even close. Because of that, I expected no revolution from these. Not gonna lie, I just love the way they look. That's the appeal. I've resigned myself to this.

These "lifestyle" AIR shoes ... Nike has gone down a different road from what it used to be. Air Max 97 retros (and countless others) aren't really comfy, either. And that's my favorite Air Max. The AIR has become an appearance thing, not a performance thing--even just walking around casually. The bag on one of my pairs of silver bullet 97s failed, and I could barely tell a difference in underfoot feel. These things are being supported by the physical pillar structures, not by the "air." I'd be way happier if the 720 had real Zoom soles and not this hugely visible, fake-*** mega "air." But I'll still buy another pair or two because I like the LOOK. Of the upper. If they were actually mega-comfy, I'd buy 7-10 pairs. But Nike and everyone else now deals in hype, appearance, and volume sales more than ever. Sucks, but ah well.

Sunrises landed, straight to feet. I am pleasantly surprised by how bouncy the heels are, no comparison to my Air Force 270s. Will definitely end up with at least one or two more 720s. More than satisfied with this purchase.

And yet you disrespect us with mere words???

:lol: Sorry brotha, I'm in my office and haven't had a chance to take pics. Will try later on.

EDIT: Just got a chance to walk in these to grab a late lunch. Dang, these are something. Definitely the most bounce I've probably ever felt from a max air unit. I totally see what people mean about the slope of the shoe sort of pushing your toes to the end of the toe box, but it doesn't bother me or cause issues. I do NOT see what some guys were saying the other day about the forefoot having no cushion and feeling like bricks. Definitely not the case on my pair, the forefoot is squishy/bouncy as well. These are dope as hell.

Last edited:
My northern lights finally came in from SNS, can’t wait to get them broken in. For those that have them, about how long was the break in?

:lol: Sorry brotha, I'm in my office and haven't had a chance to take pics. Will try later on.

EDIT: Just got a chance to walk in these to grab a late lunch. Dang, these are something. Definitely the most bounce I've probably ever felt from a max air unit. I totally see what people mean about the slope of the shoe sort of pushing your toes to the end of the toe box, but it doesn't bother me or cause issues. I do NOT see what some guys were saying the other day about the forefoot having no cushion and feeling like bricks. Definitely not the case on my pair, the forefoot is squishy/bouncy as well. These are dope as hell.

My experience as well. I may need to keep this pair.

Back
Top Bottom