Air Max/Zoom combo?!?!

does anyone know what the most recent bball shoe that had this combo? the last one i can think of was the MZ3. i loved that shoe, but the arch support wastoo high for me. i can't think of any other shoe that came after that had the combo. to me, that would be the ultimate ride for the feets!!! a max heelto cushion the impact and zoom forefoot to push off of. i love the full max unit (ie air max uptempo, total max uptempo, powermax, and hypermax), but the maxin the forefoot seems like it donesn't really serve a purpose. i know there have been some reg air sole heels/zoom forefoot, max heel/air sole forefootcombos made and most recently zoom/lunar foam found in the zkiv. i'm also a fan of double stack zoom, but not a lot of kicks offer that either. anyonecare to agree or agree to disagree?

nike air MZ3
air+mz3.jpg

The air max/zoom combo was a great setup. I owned the C Webbs, Max Penny 1's and the max kg's back in the day. The air max 180 bb's is the mostrecent shoe that had that setup from what I can remember. I

The most recent b-ball shoe with a max/zoom combo is the Air Max Bizness - came out late last year.

http://www.eastbay.com/se...results/keyword:bizness/

The Nike Air Max Bizness basketball shoe sports a sleek look and state-of-the-art technology at a great price! A visible, maximum Air-Sole[emoji]174[/emoji] unit in the heel provides a lightweight cushioning where you need it most. Full-length Phylon[emoji]8482[/emoji] midsole deliverslightweight cushioning and comfort. Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit in the forefoot provides lightweight, responsive cushioning to helpkeep your foot comfortable. Patent leather upper offers durability and a sleek look. Perforated tongue provides breathability and comfort for your foot. Triplestitching on the toe box, upper liner and collar liner add durability and style. Nubuck on the tongue and toe helps protect your foot and added durability.Perforated patent leather on the medial side provides breathability to help keep your foot comfortable and dry. Solid rubber outsole gives durability andsupport, while the herringbone pattern brings traction and performance. Wt. 16.8 oz.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

does anyone know what the most recent bball shoe that had this combo? the last one i can think of was the MZ3. i loved that shoe, but the arch support was too high for me. i can't think of any other shoe that came after that had the combo. to me, that would be the ultimate ride for the feets!!>

Air Force 25 has an Air Max heel and full length zoom on top. Dirt cheap these days.

OG Mz3s aren't that expensive either.

Originally Posted by armfizzle

The air max/zoom combo was a great setup. I owned the C Webbs, Max Penny 1's and the max kg's back in the day. The air max 180 bb's is the most recent shoe that had that setup from what I can remember. I

If you mean the Air Max CW that was an Air Max heel and a standard air bag in the forefoot.

i thought the jordan cp featured air max in the heel and zoom in the forefoot.

Originally Posted by armfizzle

The air max/zoom combo was a great setup. I owned the C Webbs, Max Penny 1's and the max kg's back in the day. The air max 180 bb's is the most recent shoe that had that setup from what I can remember. I
if you're talking about the barkley 180, there's no zoom in those. zoom wasn't introduced til around 94. the 180's came out in92 and the retros followed the og's minus the real 180 bag.

i didn't know the bizness had that combo!!! i didn't give that shoe any time or day cause i thought they were ugly!!! isn't the lbj vii supposedto have this combo? i'm lookin forward to those. all of lebrons shoes have been really comfortable to this date. so i can't wait what to see how thevii's will be like.

oh...i forgot about those...haha. i remember wanting to try those on but none of the stores i went to ever had my size!!! i wish i had a chance to try thosecause i kind of liked those. i bet those had a nice feel to them...damn!!!

I had the air MZ3 when i was in high school and they were on point...... i didnt like the shiny silver thing though. Arent all the Pennys air max with zoom inthe forefoot?

pippen 4's had zoom forefoot and max air sole and were really comfortable

Theres a good amount of shoes with max in the heel and zoom in the forefoot. I dont know of any that has em stacked on each otehr though

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Arent all the Pennys air max with zoom in the forefoot?

Not sure about the Penny 1? The others are.

damn, i didn't realize the penny 4 was max/zoom. no wonder i loved that shoe!!!

Cushioning in the IVs, even on the OGs, feels a little flat to me. I think it was originally designed for full length/double stack zoom and they made a switchfairly late in the design process.

either way, i hope nike comes out w/ another pair for next season. like i stated earlier, i can't wait to try on the lbj vii cause they're supposed tohave that combo.

either way, i hope nike comes out w/ another pair for next season. like i stated earlier, i can't wait to try on the lbj vii cause they're supposed to have that combo.

So i guess they are going to be full length max air wit the same set up as the AM 2009?

Back
Top Bottom