Air Max/Zoom combo?!?!

^whoa.....if youre right.....thats gonna be SERIOUS.......that would be the first shoe with that set up right?

Originally Posted by mt3130

the lebron 7s have full-length max air with a zoom unit stacked on top.

DAMN

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Those Pippen 4's from a few years ago were pretty sweet.

As far as running shoes, the Air Max Moto has that set up.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^whoa.....if youre right.....thats gonna be SERIOUS.......that would be the first shoe with that set up right?

i thought it was posted on NT a while back....its gonna be one of the new 360 midsoles similar to the air max 2009 but its housed in phylon rather thancushlon. then it is supposed to have a full-length zoom unit as well.

what's the difference between Max Air units being housed in cushlon and phylon?

cushlon is alot softer than phylon. it feels a lot cushier and more springy, but if its got a full-length zoom unit they may have felt using cushlon was OD.

either that or they havent found a way to house the new 360 unit in cushlon without it messing up. the air max 2009 only has a layer of cushlon on top ratherthan top and bottom. with phylon being firmer than cushlon, it likely provides better structure and support to the air max unit. its just like how alot of theolder air max shoes used PU midsoles rather than phylon because PU is firmer and denser than phylon.

cushlon is alot softer than phylon. it feels a lot cushier and more springy, but if its got a full-length zoom unit they may have felt using cushlon was OD.

either that or they havent found a way to house the new 360 unit in cushlon without it messing up. the air max 2009 only has a layer of cushlon on top rather than top and bottom. with phylon being firmer than cushlon, it likely provides better structure and support to the air max unit. its just like how alot of the older air max shoes used PU midsoles rather than phylon because PU is firmer and denser than phylon.
Thanks for clarifying... I was sure they didn't say the LBJ VII Had MAX Air...

either that or they havent found a way to house the new 360 unit in cushlon without it messing up. the air max 2009 only has a layer of cushlon on top rather than top and bottom. with phylon being firmer than cushlon, it likely provides better structure and support to the air max unit. its just like how alot of the older air max shoes used PU midsoles rather than phylon because PU is firmer and denser than phylon.

the cushlon makes sense now that I think about it. I didn't know the 2009s had only one layer at the top. They are comfy so I guess they might not haveneeded it.

But phylon and PU, I have been hearing these terms forever. They are literally everywhere in Eastbay catalogs and Finishline shoe descriptions so it's goodto know what they actually are.

does a max air heel offer better protection against hard landings than zoom air in the heel? i landed hard after a fast break layup in my bb2s and i swear myheels hit the floor and i felt the shock in my knees. now my right heel is slightly swollen.

Absolutely offers better protection. That is why you never hear of Max Air bottoming out like Zoom.

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

i wish the shox expierience heel was on some basketball shoes... takes impact like nothing

Thats a good idea, quick question.......... arent the 1/2 cents max in the heel and zoom in the forefoot?

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

penny 2,3,4

Not entirely sure about some of the later Penny 4s? Forefoot feels dead on the black/carolina colorway anyway.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

does a max air heel offer better protection against hard landings than zoom air in the heel? .

More volume, but less responsive. Double stacked Zoom heel may offer the best compromise between volume and responsiveness.
Personally, i thought the zoom in the BB1 is a little flat.

i might have to look into shoes with double stacked zoom. the only one i have are my ultraflights.

Back
Top Bottom