Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

so i just got my pair and i must say mad fresh and crisp! and i was also worried they run small from hearing other nters say so... but for me they fit true tosize... o ya i got em from PYS so if you ordered from them you should have them already or it should be on their way...my only disappointment on these would bethe 1 in the back not being metallic and the 3m pipping is mad thin compared to the OGs... i had the atlantics and even though it was a long time ago i dontremember it being this thin... and the laces are pretty thin too but whatever its all good... the quality on these are really nice... the suede reminds me ofthe playoff 8s...but overall still a hot shoe regardless... im happy...and it feels good to finally own these cuz i wanted these originally and not theatlantics... it would be cool though if nike retroed the atlantics too...

you dont hear me talking about your fits bro or do you? your a funny dude and all, and i dig your little videos and all, but i was talking about the reason why this shoe is getting its recognition and its HYPE, not dissing you. peace my man.

Question...if I bought me a DS pair of true blue 3s right now...would that shoe be really "PLAYED OUT" because it's been years since the retrorelease date?! How can a retro be PLAYED OUT?! Unless your definition of a "PLAYED OUT" retro is one that ends up sitting on store shelves monthsafter the release date. Then that would make a true blue 3 a GRAIL because it sold out in stores...and a 50 + page thread having Air Tech Challenge, that stillended up on clearance racks in both OG colorways....."PLAYED OUT."

And as DRIFTRACER stated...People didn't suddenly start finding luv for Penny Hardaway with his 2nd shoe. Did ya'll forget the Penny 1s Orlando &Chi-towns saw clearance racks similiar to just about all other retros the past couple years? Deions, Godzillas, Barry Sanders, Webbers, J Kidds, Flightposites,every Foamposite except the blue Penny Foams...need I continue. They all saw sales tags, so I'm to assume all those retros are.......need I say itagain........"PLAYED OUT?!"

Godzilla owners...throw your Barkleys away. You might get joked if you wear them now.
laugh.gif

Bro...Not trying to diss you as a person...that's far from my intent. I'm just stating that your "comment" about a retro being hot 10+ yearsafter it's initial release, but being "PLAYED OUT" 10+ years & 2 months after it's initial release made no sense what so ever. A doperetro, is a dope retro!

you go boy wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eh i rather pay retail for some penny 2s that are fresh than some weak vans...

Naww homie...I'd rather pay half price for those same Penny 2s...on clearance, and put the difference towards some syndicate Vans. I didn't know theymade weak ones, thou. Is that a new artist series?
happy.gif

HOLLA!!!

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

My favorite Nike shoe of all time.

I cant wait.

I need 5 now and more later.

Cincy,
thank you, I couldn't agree more!
My favorite shoe of all time too, happy they're back
employee discount here I come
smile.gif

sneakermane wrote:
you dont hear me talking about your fits bro or do you? your a funny dude and all, and i dig your little videos and all, but i was talking about the reason why this shoe is getting its recognition and its HYPE, not dissing you. peace my man.

Question...if I bought me a DS pair of true blue 3s right now...would that shoe be really "PLAYED OUT" because it's been years since the retro release date?! How can a retro be PLAYED OUT?! Unless your definition of a "PLAYED OUT" retro is one that ends up sitting on store shelves months after the release date.

Well first, I'm not going to go head to head with you.

and the true blue 3 comparison was not a good parable.

But you did hit the nail on the coffin with your LAST sentence, why?... BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY CAPTURED WHAT I MEANT TO SAY IN THE BEGINNING... BUT ASLAZY AS I AM.... I DIDNT WANT TO WRITE A STORY...

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Originally Posted by never wear them

funny how these are hitting over the 200$ MARK

77525a186b86b11760186155e3593ebd17de2dc.pjpg
Did you cop? If so, where from? I've seen a few on ebay, but they look suspect.

ebay. and i honestly wouldnt purchase from ebay if your not 100% sure if its authentic. you have to measure the logo if its on the correct side of thepinstripe, if the name and number are sewn correctly, Authentics have a sort of zigzag stitchingon the names/numbers. but i actually had someone that is verybroadened on jerseys look them up on ebay.

these penny 2s are one of the few timeless nikes. i held them today then some dumb cute Mexican girl who worked there was like there ugly. i just looked at herand said wow you truly are a dumb +@@ lol. all the old cats was on them hard who worked there.

them penny jerseys is legit they just look old because they are about 12-13 years old. penny 2's will be copped on the 27th for $70 and the countdownstarts now for me.

Originally Posted by na penny 89

these penny 2s are one of the few timeless nikes. i held them today then some dumb cute Mexican girl who worked there was like there ugly. i just looked at her and said wow you truly are a dumb +@@ lol. all the old cats was on them hard who worked there.
smh...she shouldn't be working there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by na penny 89

these penny 2s are one of the few timeless nikes. i held them today then some dumb cute Mexican girl who worked there was like there ugly. i just looked at her and said wow you truly are a dumb +@@ lol. all the old cats was on them hard who worked there.
I would have gave her the
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
and "its obvious you young" comment

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

These joints already sold out on NDC
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

they were on Nike.com already?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
and Dudes are talking about getting these on clearance......man lol.......

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

These joints already sold out on NDC
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I just saw the same thing. Did they just put the pic up on the site? I never saw the sizes available. Why do they gotta tease us like that?
140wxzq.jpg

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

My favorite Nike shoe of all time.

I cant wait.

I need 5 now and more later.

Cincy,
thank you, I couldn't agree more!
My favorite shoe of all time too, happy they're back
employee discount here I come
smile.gif

so employees are allowed to use their discounts?

Good thing swoosh is calling it the Air Penney lmao. Not that I know anything at all about swoosh but don't they put that screen also BEFORE they actuallyput the sizes there for sale? Or has someone already confirmed they were for sale and are now sold out?

I bought my pair at like 8am and then it said sold out but now they back up. They sold out a 6-7.5 tho and the 12.5 is out.

tiiiiiiight. just copped from NDC with 20% off and free shipping...

gettin them early + gettin them for 112 each =
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

so next weekend is friends and family sale and I was wondering if the black and blue are gonna be up on footlocker.com on the 27th. Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom