Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

I have Penny's II back in day so I really wanted so bad to get this so I got 3 pairs. They are beautiful -just dont talk about the air bubble-, they arecomfy, Ive balled in them and they are great ....

06915ef9a09d412f32191b4b0cad6310f87e123.jpg

I got my 3rd pair today and I was looking at them -with the sun coming from my back- when I noticed this:

aab157f1a49c45255e5a8d14594a0f29dff103a.jpg

The carbon plate seems to be just aesthetic!!

I search for pictures of the samples:

1e535d26f47ba86898e343532ed5008606626fa.jpg

It is not noticeable if samples have full carbon plate or those aesthetic carbon plates.

Do the OG's had full carbon plate?? Any pics there??

Zeke - good to see someone who appreciates Nikes retro here recently. especially these Pennys.

Ppl complaining ab the air bubble need to get outta here.

i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case with the CF shank. Oh well.

Originally Posted by zeke78MX

Can't tell for sure because i'm limited to artificial light, and the outsoles on my OGs are a little discolored, but both shoes seem to have prettymuch the same amount of flex
in that area. Maybe the design of the outsole just means that part of the plate isn't visible through the outsole?

I'm not sure if they'd save anything by splitting the plate in two when the area between them is relatively small. (?)

The weave on the plate is definitely a little tighter on the OGs.... but it seems like more than just a plastic plate with a sticker on the Retros.

Anyone?

I got my 3rd pair today and I was looking at them -with the sun coming from my back- when I noticed this:

It is not noticeable if samples have full carbon plate or those aesthetic carbon plates.

Dude, what are you talking about?
laugh.gif
The Carbon-Fiber plateis as real as can be so have no worries about them being "aesthetic" (I think you meant something like "synthetic") Most CF plates onlyspan the middle of sneakers because their sole purpose is for arch support/stability.. That's why you only see it there on the Penny 2's.

Originally Posted by DJ236

laugh.gif
The Carbon-Fiber plate is as real as can be so have no worries about them being "aesthetic" (I think you meant something like "synthetic") Most CF plates only span the middle of sneakers because their sole purpose is for arch support/stability.. That's why you only see it there on the Penny 2's.
He said "aesthetic" in terms of the carbon fiber being there just for looks.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by DJ236

laugh.gif
The Carbon-Fiber plate is as real as can be so have no worries about them being "aesthetic" (I think you meant something like "synthetic") Most CF plates only span the middle of sneakers because their sole purpose is for arch support/stability.. That's why you only see it there on the Penny 2's.
He said "aesthetic" in terms of the carbon fiber being there just for looks.
roll.gif

i unds my penny 2's just like majority of ppl here,,,,i love them

i got my 1s 2s, just need foams, i'll wait not going ot put $3bills on it

you guys are getting mad technical over some shoes
laugh.gif

and for the record black pair>white
and atlantics>white

just to add a lil to the carbon fiber discussion.

Rockdeep spoke about how the Lifestyle/retro division took away a lot of the technologies in retros. whether thats the case wit these shoes idk, but its notsomething that couldnt have been done to save $

he carbon plate seems to be just aesthetic!!

Compared my OGs and the Retros in strong daylight. The outline on the Retros looks like it's also there on the OGs, not as easy to spot, or photograph,since the outsoles on my OGs are much darker.

I have Penny's II back in day so I really wanted so bad to get this so I got 3 pairs. They are beautiful -just dont talk about the air bubble-, they are comfy, Ive balled in them and they are great ....

06915ef9a09d412f32191b4b0cad6310f87e123.jpg

Here ya go guys. I posted these comparison pics a few pages back. Looks like the OGs had the same setup.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom