Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Ive owned almost all of the pennys at some point in my life. I always treated them like babies. Rarely rocked them, obsessively cautious when I did trying not to crease or dirty them. More for this line than any other for me. I was so wild with it looking back I never got to really enjoy rocking my favorite shoes of all time. Now those shoes i barely wore are sitting in my closet falling apart. These retros, Im wearing them until they start falling apart because of use not because of age.

I'm always up in this thread but when someone dropped the link 2 days ago I didn't get that email for a new post lol. Can't believe I almost missed it with the 25% off. Somehow HIbbetts still had a sz 13 this morning. $150 for these is clutch.
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

speaking of hibbett someone needs to tell them its way past time to take these off the exclusion list
Screenshot_20231123_103949_Gallery.jpg

While we’re in story time, waiting for another link…

The Penny 2, Atlantic blue CW to be exact, was the shoe that got me so interested in sneakers. I was like 8 or 9, noticed another kid rocking them and started paying attention, noticed that more kids rocked these than the 12s that were out at the time.
Aye this is facts. Where I was I saw these more than I saw Js. I think it might have been like the Kyrie effect from a while ago. Like Kyrie, I think Penny resonated more with the younger kids than MJ in a way (more vibrant jersey, the team name....Magic, the flashier play of Penny, and of course the Lil' Penny commercials). I saw more of the Kyrie 1-5 than I saw Js on kids during that time.

Not a fan of the filter he has on this video but these look good. If didn’t have EA for the Gratitude XIs I would’ve scooped these up.
Debating if I want to sell my social status pair, I have a feeling the OG black/royal pair is dropping after these.

Then again after the whole AMM/Social Status scandal we may never see another collab again.
That packaging is top 5.

Back
Top Bottom