Air Proof (1994)

does anyone know if they will be retro-ing this sneaker? these came out in 1994 when the air darwins came out. the only difference between the two was thedarwins had the backwards swoosh and had an air bubble (these were retro'd). they had various color ways for the darwins.

DARWINS -
95567.jpg

the air proofs had the forward swoosh and no air bubble. i can not find a pic of them anywhere. they also had various color ways but the color way iminterested in are the all black with a white swoosh.please tell me some of yall remember this sneaker!

PROOFS -
130192%20011%20a.jpg

i don't get these ' Will Nike ever retro my favorite obscure shoe threads'. You can barely give away the Darwins why would they retro a cut downversion of a shoe that isn't popular? In short. The answer is no because there's nowhere near enough demand.

They kinda remind me of some XIs, the lacelets and the sole really.

If you got pics from kixandthecity...shouldnt they be releasing then?
Unless they have a gallery of older shoes or somethin...

sorry to go off topic but is that site legit? they had some stuff i wouldnt mind scooping up.

WOW!! i can't believe these are REAL.... i used to have a pair when i was little, and i remembered them because someone brought up they remembered me coz ihad the "nikes with the swoosh the wrong way"

i always thought i was wearing fakes... but they were real! haha

i picked up a navy and white pair at some sample sale in Manhattan last yeare for 20, sz 8 though :-( sold em to my boy for 50 lol

alot of people say they are ugly, but i like em. not everyone has the same taste in sneakers. i wish they would re-release the Proofs!!

i agree that the second on in the actual picture is trash but clearly if they were DS then it would be a different story. back in 94, the proofs were the ishhout the box. straight up no bs, they matched up with every outfit. they had alot of different color ways too.

The Darwins were high tops and the proofs were more of a mid. They were the truth back then. I'd mess with them for beaters. I worked at FootAction backwhen they released and we couldn't keep either on the shelves.

Originally Posted by swooshdude

The Darwins were high tops and the proofs were more of a mid. They were the truth back then. I'd mess with them for beaters. I worked at FootAction back when they released and we couldn't keep either on the shelves.

Whats up Swooshdude....still chat with Dave?
I actually worked at FootAction back in the day too. The low top canvas Darwins smoked!

Back
Top Bottom