Air span II returns 2018

bit the bullet and picked up the two OG color way's at full retail. I'm almost certain they will hit sales but nearly 30 years is enough to wait
I’ve only seen the blue pair for sale. Where did you purchase from?

I’ve seen pics of a volt pair that I definitely want.

Thanks. It wasn’t there last time I looked. I know I should wait for a discount, but it’s hard to resist.

I shouldn't have looked at this thread, now I'm tempted to swoop on them now too. Definitely gonna have to get the white/volt pair, but we've waited this long for them I think I can wait a little longer for them to go on disco.

Seen from the side these retros look a bit flat compared to the OG models, as happened with the Icarus retros too.
Will probably still buy a pair though.

These aren't comparable to the way the Icarus turned out, they are very nice!

Thanks. It wasn’t there last time I looked. I know I should wait for a discount, but it’s hard to resist.

My feeling is, I don’t see a ton of websites carrying them (Atleast not stateside) so when they do go on sale they will probably dissapear fast. Don’t want to even bother with that. Only thing I will say is the pair I bought from undefeated was defective. The right shoes collar pokes into my Achilles you can actually see it bent inward and pointy. Will have to send them back to Nike and re buy

The release was handled pretty badly in Europe as well, I guess Nike didn't expect the shoe to get much buzz, they didn't really market it as well. But besides that it's one of my top picks this year so far.

Seen from the side these retros look a bit flat compared to the OG models, as happened with the Icarus retros too.
These look to have come out much better and closer to the OGs than the Icarus retro which looked like a totally different shoe to me. The tongue is black on the retros as opposed to white, but I don't mind it and like that they added the volt lining. Just wished it was slightly longer, I hate short tongues.

Will have to take my chances and wait til these go on sale I don't see a big demand for these especially in the States.
Nike-Air-Span.jpg
span2.jpg

Last edited:

They are def flat. That’s why I returned my pair. Looked awkward.

These look to have come out much better and closer to the OGs than the Icarus retro which looked like a totally different shoe to me. The tongue is black on the retros as opposed to white, but I don't mind it and like that they added the volt lining. Just wished it was slightly longer, I hate short tongues.

Will have to take my chances and wait til these go on sale I don't see a big demand for these especially in the States.
Nike-Air-Span.jpg
span2.jpg

Any eu stores with this cw available?

Received volt spans and I have mixed feelings. They r dope, but the fact that the tongue on these is black and not white like the OG span 1 and they correctly color blocked the non OG burgundy colorway irks me. Gonna have to sleep on them before a final verdict

Nike-Air-Span.jpg
span2.jpg
That's a good comparison. Based on this the overall height seems to be pretty spot on. For some reason though on a lot of retro pics the mudguard looks a bit low (only a bit), and the swoosh seems to be slightly closer to the midsole. These little details to me make them look slightly more flat(-ish) than most OGs I've seen.

Should I go TTS on these? I have internationalists in .5 up from TTS and they fit good but a little big in the toebox, since its mesh it creases a lot.

Got my pair in! Love them! Had the pink ones back in the day. Fit TTS to me (10.5 in almost everything)

Does anyone know the story about the RECRAFTED label inside the shoe?

How does this thread have only 2 pages as of yet? Retro of the year IMO.

I have no idea but it doesn’t bother me. I hope the current generation of hypebeasts let these fly under the radar so we can scoop with ease and on the low.

I hope the same happens with the Safari’s.

Reactions: ejb
I have to agree - this was my favorite retro sneaker from Nike so far this year. And them not being popular with kids is great!

If they would have dropped the infrared color way initially they would have been an autocop as they're the strongest color way for me, but as it is these should be easily had at discount prices.
nike-air-span-II-1.jpg

Who knows, Nike didn't make any great fuss about the shoe promo-wise so they might pop up sometime, lol.
Volts aren't out in Europe yet too but even the newer colorways are pretty good! The Span is like an AM1 or AM90 - the silhouette itself is so strong that almost no colorway could really ruin it.

Reactions: ejb
Back
Top Bottom