Airline Workers Check-In vol. AA, Delta, United, SW etc.

I'm teaching currently, but wanted to get a lil side job working for the airlines to receive the flight benefits.

Anyone work for any airline... what do you do? Is the schedule flexible enough for me to do that and teach? School me on working for the airlines.

My cousins works for United and from what I've seen even if you work part-time you do get some benefits. He mentioned you get a base schedule and can add hours, if you choose to.

He said a lot of people that work for United work there simply for the flying benefits.

My cousins works for United and from what I've seen even if you work part-time you do get some benefits. He mentioned you get a base schedule and can add hours, if you choose to.

He said a lot of people that work for United work there simply for the flying benefits.

Yeah, I just got hired for Piedmont airlines part time (Im a teacher full time)... and its STRICTLY for the benefits.. Im about to start training June 19

Almost everybody who works for an airline unless you are in upper level management is doing it for the flight benefits because where I'm from they pay close to minimum wage.  I was curious so I looked into it and you have to work a specific number of hours a month in order to qualify.  Then you and only specific members of your family (immediate and parents) get to fly free but on stand by so there's a possibility you may get bumped if the flight gets overbooked so you have to be able to have flexible travel plans.  Plus side is you get to fly first class every where you go which makes those long international hauls easier. 

I was looking to find a career within the Airline Industry. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a aerospace engineering degree.

Back
Top Bottom