AJ III Cardinal Feb 19, 2022

Are these better than Katrinas/HOF IIIs?

• Yes

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • No

Votes: 77 63.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
i done manifested so many shoes u wouldn’t believe, keep seeing how far negativity gets you though
01CB78A8-2CD8-4B49-89D6-91DD4124841F.jpeg

Smh I’ve taken 3 Ls this week alone on SNKRS and out of the 3 these are the ones I wanted the most. Buying shoes for retail is extremely difficult now **** ain’t worth the headache no more
Good luck bro. I hope cop a pair at retail. I started crate digging and buying vinyl. It fulfills that void. The sneaker game isn’t the same. I love the color scheme and the shape. I thought about buying these, but I thought about the vinyl I could buy with that price. I don’t need the headache anymore. I know I have reached OG status when I would rather buy a pair of Wallabees Clarks before I purchase a mean color of white Jordan IIIs.

Good luck bro. I hope cop a pair at retail. I started crate digging and buying vinyl. It fulfills that void. The sneaker game isn’t the same. I love the color scheme and the shape. I thought about buying these, but I thought about the vinyl I could buy with that price. I don’t need the headache anymore. I know I have reached OG status when I would rather buy a pair of Wallabees Clarks before I purchase a mean color of white Jordan IIIs.
Let’s be real though, other than crate digging vinyl is the same game as sneakers now. Miss out? Enjoy paying double retail! Hell, even StockX has started adding new hip-hop and pop vinyl on there.

I won the blue 1’s this week. First time in ten months I’ve hit for anything. Consumerism has created this vast “get ahead” mentality that ruins most hobbies now. And I’m not sure if these markets hold up in the long run. We’re about a decade into the big run-up on sneakers. Eventually there’s going to be so many DS pairs sitting in closets that a cultural shift in purchasing J’s would crater the entire market’s value.

Same thing with vinyl at the moment. It’s the most popular physical medium, proliferated with colored variants and reissues and we’re about 6 years into the run-up.

WDYM by this? Weren’t resellers always an issue or are there just significantly more of them now vs 2 years ago? Seems like stock has dropped due to supply chain issues as you mentioned.
Hustle Economics was there prior to COVID. I lived in Tampa and saw the Sneaker Yeti with his van and pied piper legion of kids. Bots obviously have been around since early last decade.

So I 100% agree with you. The issue in buying shoes right now is the supply. You could do raffles and try online and for a “big” release like this hit once to multiple times. However now…with lower supply, you’re at the mercy of the bots. FTL and Do changed their raffle system to BS. And now who knows when they’re in store.

Living on the west coast, I just don’t appreciate waking up at 6:30 to strike out. East Coast, you’re up. Bright eyed.

Was able to double on snrks app (my Account and wife’s account)my size sold out quickly entered sz 12 an got the W. Had to cancel the 2nd release b/c it was a mens size 10. I’m not gonna complain about not doubling up just glad to get on pair.
9E1966C0-D999-491C-9D43-E806546EBD9A.png

Last edited:
Someone here posted that they got up at 10:07 and hit on SNKRS.

…how is that possible with FCFS?
That was me... Not sure I just looked in snkrs and seen the $200 clicked the button and got in line.... PayPal charge shortly after. Been a good week 💯 got em came around 10:15...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220219-152009.png
    Screenshot_20220219-152009.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220219-101704.png
    Screenshot_20220219-101704.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hustle Economics was there prior to COVID. I lived in Tampa and saw the Sneaker Yeti with his van and pied piper legion of kids. Bots obviously have been around since early last decade.

So I 100% agree with you. The issue in buying shoes right now is the supply. You could do raffles and try online and for a “big” release like this hit once to multiple times. However now…with lower supply, you’re at the mercy of the bots. FTL and Do changed their raffle system to BS. And now who knows when they’re in store.

Living on the west coast, I just don’t appreciate waking up at 6:30 to strike out. East Coast, you’re up. Bright eyed.
Yeah I remember 2-3 years ago, retros would frequently go on discount on even NDC. I know Nike/JB were trying to prevent extremely discounted retroproduct since it was negatively impacting the brand, but I think that strategy, along with the COVID supply chain issues has made a perfect sh**storm for bots and resellers in the past 2 years.

Was able to double on snrks app (my Account and wife’s account)my size sold out quickly entered sz 12 an got the W. Had to cancel the 2nd release b/c it was a mens size 10. I’m not gonna complain about not doubling up just glad to get on pair.
9E1966C0-D999-491C-9D43-E806546EBD9A.png
Damn, you def could’ve ooped that size 10 to someone here and I’m sure they would’ve thrown in a finder’s fee for ya..

Someone here posted that they got up at 10:07 and hit on SNKRS.

…how is that possible with FCFS?
That was me... Not sure I just just looked in snkrs and seen the $200 clicked the button and got in line.... PayPal charge shortly after. Been a good week
Glad you hit…not hating.

But that vexes me.

…I’m vexed.
I've noticed on some releases when I'm patient and don't try asap, let a few minutes go by... I get better odds... I was on the fence with these and only tried to see if I'd hit. 🤷

Back
Top Bottom