• Gym Red (2019)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Motorboat Jones (2012)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Bentley Crawfish Ellis (2012)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

good-cop-bad-cop-joseph-giacalone-1920x1080.jpg

Who is relevant as a "shoetuber" that we should be following? Anybody? Everybody that gets posted that I've seen, people hate them for one reason or another.

None, they're only good for early looks. What made Nightwing stand out was because he was supposed to be some expert on the court.

He's just another dude giving early reviews to maintain his channel, who's bitter he has to pay more than retail to compete with everyone else.

None, they're only good for early looks. What made Nightwing stand out was because he was supposed to be some expert on the court.

He's just another dude giving early reviews to maintain his channel, who's bitter he has to pay more than retail to compete with everyone else.

Oh okay. I never took his opinion as a hooper or 'expert on the court' because I've seen his hooping and suffice to say, it's not impressive. He'll talk about some shoe and the cushion and comfort and it's not like he's doing chasedown blocks and then having to land off that, or switching hands in midair going through defenders having to land off that either. But he clearly knows the materials of the shoe and zoom and rubber compounds and what not, so when he's talking about a shoe if he says the materials aren't great, it just helps me know what to expect.

So we're probably in agreement, take what they say how you want, it's a good early look, buy what you want. But like with the Navy 13s he was pretty specific about the quality of the material on the toebox and then NTers bought em and came in here and posted the exact same thing, calling it "bottom of the barrel". So I still may get those, but when they came up on Snipes with a $9 shipping charge, I decided it wasn't worth it for "bottom of the barrel" materials on top of the price tag, so I'm going to wait for a restock somewhere else.

Stuff like that. Just helps you make an informed decision with your own criteria. Everybody has their own things they like and don't with shoes. I think some people trash shoes for invalid reasons - like they trash like the One Take II even though that's a great shoe to play in, word to Bam, just because it isn't like some pricey retro. I thought he spelled out why he thought these weren't great - because they're very similar to the motorboat jones (I'm not big on 9s so I hadn't heard of those til I saw Unbreakable talk about those), because the materials were subpar (he compared a recent 11 low release and contrasted how good the materials were on those, to these), and then he named and showed 3 other colorways that would have been much better to have.

Again, all that said, you want em, you buy em. I love when people trash shoes I want, because that just makes it easier for me to grab them :lol:

Don't care. First day cop.
A lot of people go strictly on what’s being said by Shoetubers. I respect Nightwings opinion BUT I dgaf if he likes them or not. These a must and IMO look better than the motorboats.

Btw Nightwing needs to take his own suggestion and take a week off. A number of misstatements in this video to try to get across his point.

Last edited:
See that's the thing. He kept talking about Motorboat Jones like they were easily accessible. They were mad limited. He would probably complain about Motorboat Jones' if he had them in hand.

It's like complaining about Nike releasing the Mochas, when they released the Travis Scott.

K Kierris Think I'm going to grab a personal if I win any raffles this week. Looks nice from all the videos I've seen so far.
I was pretty much in from the first official pics and it's only gotten more set in stone with each video. Ironically, they look better in weartesters video than anywhere else I've seen them and he's trashing them the entire video:lol:

Back
Top Bottom