Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Fourth

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • Fifth

Votes: 37 22.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
In for one, might end up with 2. I dunno yet. So many good releases coming in the next few months. May just get one pair and if I feel it necessary, double up later. Resell wise I don't see these going for more than like $240 since the recent Carmine 6s which are by far more popular, can be had in my size for prices between $250-$270.

what the **** is up with the long tongues? leave it up to nike to give us shoes with long tongues that should have shorter tongues and short tongues on shoes that should have longer tongues...

nike really ****ing up my favorite jordan sig model with these goofy *** long tongues

Last edited:
what the **** is up with the long tongues? leave it up to nike to give us shoes with long tongues that should have shorter tongues and short tongues on shoes that should have longer tongues...

nike really ****ing up my favorite jordan sig model with these goofy *** long tongues
Maybe it's wishful thinking but perhaps the tongue just looks like that because Nikes way of lacing shoes for product shots is as if they're trying to strangle the shoe to death. Pull that tongue as far up as it'll go and then tie the laces as tight as possible to choke the tongue in place. But at the same time, it is Nike/JB we're talking about and unnecessary changes to OG retros is kinda their thing, so yeah. Still in for a pair though.

Tongue does appear slightly taller than they should. My originals do not have em high. They are near even with the ankle collar. I specifically remember trying to pull the tongues higher back then so they would look like the 6s. Never worked. They would always drop back down even with the top of the shoe. But, still planning on grabbing these. I love this color. They are a little high in those pics.

its because the 7 was designed for the tongue to meet with the collar height. it looks funny going any higher. trainer sc tongue is somewhere crying.

but damn i love the 7. jordan 3 thru 8 was the peak design wise.

and we should have gotten olympic and black red re retroes before cardinals.

would not mind a carmine inspired 7 without clear outsoles either.

Tongue does appear slightly taller than they should. My originals do not have em high. They are near even with the ankle collar. I specifically remember trying to pull the tongues higher back then so they would look like the 6s. Never worked. They would always drop back down even with the top of the shoe. But, still planning on grabbing these. I love this color. They are a little high in those pics.
Is the Jumpman not aligned correctly as well?

download (1).jpg
f249ba236e209e793395ebf612dd24d4.jpg
MJs pairs did have a slightly higher tongue than the actual release in 1993 imo. But that may have been common with several of his shoes as discussed in other threads.

can you still wear those? Honest question cuz if these aint it i might have to go for those, maybe the 06’s but those i dont think have any wearability

download (1).jpg
f249ba236e209e793395ebf612dd24d4.jpg
MJs pairs did have a slightly higher tongue than the actual release in 1993 imo. But that may have been common with several of his shoes as discussed in other threads.
You're comparing a shot on foot with a generic glamour shot(prob a retro). In actuality, the tongues are pretty close in height to the original when taking into account that the shape has never been on point with any retro.

The tighter you lace the shoes, the shape of your foot, subtle differences from pair to pair, etc etc all contribute to perceived differences in tongue height.

I believe that if MJ were to take off that pair that the tongue height would be comparable to what we've seen in past retros... And not what that monstrosity of a retro pictured above suggests.

Imo

Last edited:
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't see the tongue on these being any taller than what's on the Citrus 7s that are coming out (or came out) this year. Whatever those have is what the Cardinals will have most likely.

Back
Top Bottom